Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - 1201 2nd Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A surprise 4-stall Urban Supercharger just opened at the 2+U at 1201 Second Ave in Seattle. Will add on Supercharge Info.

D318DA46-7954-47C8-925F-7AAB34D7407C.jpeg

@PLUS EV

Last edited by a moderator:
The garage is only open from 6am-6pm, apparently due to the pandemic. I saw some online sources that said it was open till midnight, but I'm guessing those were pre-pandemic hours, because I was down there at 11pm last night and the gate was shut. I got the 6am-6pm info from a security guard who was working last night and she said those had been the garage hours since she started working there in May.

I think this is a new building and maybe a new garage, but I'll let someone more familiar with the area comment on that. I used to work just a couple blocks from here, but that was over 16 years ago and obviously downtown has changed a lot.

I forgot to take a pic of the pay schedule, but it was expensive as one would expect. I do remember the first 30 minutes were $7, but I was in and out in 9 minutes and it was FREE so there is some sort of grace period. Whether that's 10, 15. or 30 minutes, I'm not sure, but 30 seems unlikely given that they had 0-30 minutes listed on the pay schedule.

Oh and the entrance is on Seneca, closer to 1st than it is to 2nd, approximately where the 116 is if you zoom in on the supercharge.info map. There are no signs telling you where to go but the garage is small and it wasn't hard to find. There are a couple Clipper Creek L2s right next to the 4 supercharger stalls. @MarcoRP please update to indicate limited hours.

Wild! I wonder if we can start to expect similar smaller SC stall installations in downtown parking garages like downtown Portland? Or if this was more opportunistic as it was a new parking garage?

I think parking garages would be fine with L2 (Tesla Destination, J1772, etc) as people tend to park there for several hours at a time.

I'd like to see these 50 to 100 kW chargers available at interstate restaurants like Cracker-barrel, Chilis, Applebee's, etc. You're likely parked there 45 to 60 minutes, and could get a substantial charge in that amount of time. Not necessarily full, but top up from a recent Supercharger.

This is a brand new tower, and interestingly the space on the first few floors is designed an open-air urban village.

The Urban Village | 2+U

once the pandemic ends and retail fills in this could be quite an interesting supercharger stop. The walk to the Market area is pretty short from here too. Hopefully weekends will have a flat rate parking similar to the other downtown parking garage.

Do these small urban superchargers also penalize owners who return too late after the charge is finished? If not, this would be a good place for tourists passing through to park and spend a few hours at the market.

The location doesn’t show up on the navigation system yet, but I’ll be very surprised if there are no idle fees for overstaying your welcome. If you plan on making an afternoon of it, use one of the dozen free destination chargers instead of a Supercharger.

The parking isn’t cheap but the $8 evening rate is good once they stay open later than 6pm. Apple Pay is accepted at the checkout gates.

5AE1873E-3DFE-43C5-B2E8-A6E5B9B536C9.jpeg

Does the garage allow over night parking? Might be nice if there are hotels within walking distance just leaving the car there on one of the slower L2 chargers and let it charge over night, even at $36 that might be cheaper than some of the valet only chargers that a lot of Seattle hotels have... plus you don't have to let valet mess with your car...

(Be nice and plug in late at night and unplug first thing in the morning so you're not hogging a level 2 from someone else!)

Edit: Wait, is the garage usually open 24 hours outside of pandemic times? That would be awesome (I often am seeing an IMAX movie late at night or something where I don't get back to my car until like 11pm to 1am)

Does the garage allow over night parking? Might be nice if there are hotels within walking distance just leaving the car there on one of the slower L2 chargers and let it charge over night, even at $36 that might be cheaper than some of the valet only chargers that a lot of Seattle hotels have... plus you don't have to let valet mess with your car...

(Be nice and plug in late at night and unplug first thing in the morning so you're not hogging a level 2 from someone else!)

Edit: Wait, is the garage usually open 24 hours outside of pandemic times? That would be awesome (I often am seeing an IMAX movie late at night or something where I don't get back to my car until like 11pm to 1am)
Like I said before, the hours listed on several websites are 6am-midnight, so I would assume those were the pre-pandemic hours.

Like I said before, the hours listed on several websites are 6am-midnight, so I would assume those were the pre-pandemic hours.
Thanks. I hate that it's so hard to find solid information about these parking garages unless you're actually local and can swing by, so any first hand information we can get is awesome! It looks like user chrstna4 was the one that commented it was open 24 hours, and if it is in fact an ACE Parking garage (2+U 1201 2nd Ave, Seattle WA 98101) the Aceparking.com web site lists it as 24 hours every day... but of course this is pre-pandemic since we have first hand data that it is NOT 24 hours right now... so that already shows aceparking.com doesn't keep their web site with accurate information!

If I'm paying $20 to $30 to park/charge I tend to like to pick a hotel close by so I can just leave the car overnight and not pay hotel parking PLUS parking in the day to charge, hence all my questions about the 24 hour aspect. I appreciate the info you guys gather!