TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Selma, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by brkaus, Aug 4, 2018.

1. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Interesting. A bit close to San Marcos and the new San Antonio SpC.

But maybe less inundated with locals and not too far from 1604 loop for folks passing through.

it will be good for my weekend trips to SA. Don’t have to save as much juice to make San Marcos on the way home.

hope it happens!

2. Jbuntz

Jbuntz Member

I hope they put it down by the ihop. There is a lot of congestion by the H-E-B.

3. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

No, it won't be that far down. HEB doesn't own/control the whole complex, so they wouldn't be listed as the host if the superchargers weren't going in one of the portions of the parking that is allotted to them. It'll almost certainly be in either of the areas that I circled in red or blue, with the areas circled in green being the most likely spot for each section.

Selma parking lot.JPG

• Informative x 1
  4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Selma, TX

Along Primary Interstates: I-35
    Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
    Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-35:

To: San Marcos, TX - 25.4 miles
    Diversion: 0.1 miles
    To: Austin, TX - 64.3 miles

San Antonio area getting some more love.

Still a significant distance from Laredo, TX, so there's definitely need for Dilley, TX. I-35 also really needs something better in Oklahoma City (large diversion) and needs Emporia, KS for the gap between Wichita, KS and Olathe, KS.

5. SammichLover

SammichLover Active Member

If you're going North-South is there that much need for an OK City stop? Is the 155 miles from Ardmore to Perry too much for 200-and-change cars? What's the design gap target these days for Interstate travel?

6. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

It’s in the 100-130 mile range. That being said 155 miles with a optional diversion stop in the middle seems reasonable. I would not anticipate another OKC supercharger any time soon. Certainly not before they fill the OKC-Little Rock gap.

• Like x 1