Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux City, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla list still shows coming in 2020...but I’m starting to doubt that.
I’m new to Tesla’s, have a Model Y LR. Looks like 185 miles from where I live in Omaha to the Sioux Falls supercharger - should I be concerned about making that, in the winter with 2 adults and a dog?

I’m new to Tesla’s, have a Model Y LR. Looks like 185 miles from where I live in Omaha to the Sioux Falls supercharger - should I be concerned about making that, in the winter with 2 adults and a dog?
I think you'll be good but consider seat warmers to help with energy. If the car says slow down to reach destination, trust it. Omaha to Sioux Falls needs that Sioux City SC. :)

Theoretically, 50kW. In practice, I've never seen mine go over 40 kW.

Still, that's orders of magnitude better than a L2 charger.
I have got it to 50wk, actually 52 but it cut out, but I have a sr+ so I don't know if that makes a difference. It starts at 41kw then climbs steadily until it reaches 50kw at 70 percent, where it tapers at 75. Have I just been lucky or is the pack voltage of a sr+ higher than a LR?

• Informative
Reactions: frnkblk
I have got it to 50wk, actually 52 but it cut out, but I have a sr+ so I don't know if that makes a difference. It starts at 41kw then climbs steadily until it reaches 50kw at 70 percent, where it tapers at 75. Have I just been lucky or is the pack voltage of a sr+ higher than a LR?
This is actually due to the voltage of the pack. The chademo adapter is limited to 125amps. Your pack voltage is low when at low soc. V x A=kw. You will only see 50kw ish at higher SOC.

• Helpful
Reactions: frnkblk and IdaX
Ya, you should be good, especially with that heat pump. That will help a lot in the winter.

And yes, it's said it's "coming this year" for the last 4 years now. So needless to say, we aren't holding our breath.

This distance with 2 adults and a dog can be iffy in winter temps, and could get real dicey with VERY low temp and/or a headwind. Best to carefully watch your Projected Range (open the Energy graph and select Consumption and 30 mi. Average Range settings). Keep comparing this Range to the Miles to Destination shown by the Nav system. I call this my 'cushion' and I'm good when it's at least 20, or 10 once I get close. Faster driving shrinks it, slower makes it grow. You'll know as you near Sioux City if you need to stop for a few miles of charging. (I've limped the last 60 miles into Lincoln at 35 mph on the shoulder of US 77 when a 100 degree F. headwind shot my Wh/mi avg. from 380 to nearly 600!) A chademo in Sioux City is very welcomed! Welcome to the Tesla crowd. You'll love it without a doubt!

Reactions: jerry33