Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - Toringdon Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chargers are working even though the Tesla app and in-car navigation still shows them as temporarily closed. I stopped by this morning around 10:30 am and a Tesla technician was working on two of the cabinets. He was on his mobile phone or I would have asked him when the official opening would be.

Nice. Did he give you any more details?
- Under construction or not?
- Any precise location (street name)?

@mociaf9 could you see if you can dig up any permits?

@MarcoRP he said they have a partnership with Target. Sounds like it will be a similar setup to the one in Raleigh in the parking deck somewhere downtown. It's not the first time I've heard of Target being the next spot for a super charger from a source. He didn't say it was under construction but in the planning phase.

I've heard about the Ballantyne and Target spots since January of this year. Ballantyne I was able to find more info on pretty quick before it showed on Tesla's map, but the Target location I haven't seen a piece of evidence. Talking with the Tech he said a 3rd was coming near uptown. I asked him was Target the downtown location. He replied that they do have a partnership with them. I wasn't in my Tesla but I will run over there in about an hour to see if it works already or did he disable the chargers after he tested them.

Picture to confirm all stalls labeled, up and running...
IMG_20191114_081747_MP.jpg

Nice. Did he give you any more details?
- Under construction or not?
- Any precise location (street name)?

@mociaf9 could you see if you can dig up any permits?
I checked for anything at the address that google gave for the downtown Target and for project names that might be connected but came up empty. However, the search function on Mecklenburg county's portal isn't great for finding general activity like this without knowing some real specifics, so still quite possible I just missed it.

I quickly stopped by and was able to charge.

I really think both Charlotte supercharges are in inconvenient places. The Mallard creek is such a detour if driving from raleigh to south charlotte, Other wat that abetterrouteplanner takes me is to use a level 2 charger over that route. I should have got the LR :(