Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think once the log jam of pedestal manufacturing clears, all these sites will open in rapid succession.
This location also needs all the other Supercharger back-end equipment besides the switchgear which looks like it's already been installed. However, as a partial balance against the waiting for Tesla, if that utility transformer in the background of the first picture is for the superchargers, then maybe there won't be much of a delay in getting the site energized and activated once Tesla gets their own equipment sorted out.

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
This is off-topic, but Tesla does generally build urban superchargers in places that are mostly intended for locals. The Seattle metro area has a Tesla population that justifies such a build out. The Spokane area does not. So this supercharger is correctly being situated with road trippers rather than locals in mind. That being said, of course, road trippers can use the urban superchargers in Seattle and locals will eventually be able to use the supercharger in Spokane if they so desire. For further information, see the announcement from Tesla when the urban supercharger was unveiled.

Reactions: bbthechange
The Spokane area does not. So this supercharger is correctly being situated with road trippers rather than locals in mind. That being said, of course, road trippers can use the urban superchargers in Seattle and locals will eventually be able to use the supercharger in Spokane if they so desire.

Build it and they will come. Tesla is also thinking about the day when cities of Spokane's size will have many Tesla's belonging to people in multi-family housing. Because in a vacuum, the CdL SC meets the needs of travelers.

I think I would expect Lewiston, and then maybe McCall. But either way, I think it’ll be a while.
I think it will be Moscow, Grangeville, and McCall, but yeah probably a long ways off. It will be a very long time before @Yarder can do his old ICE drive from Aberdeen to Pullman via Vantage. But at least with North Bend and Moses Lake coming in, it will provide some more flexibility. And if/when Moscow ever gets built, he can always do a short diversion from Pullman and top off there if necessary.

• Love
Reactions: Yarder
I think it will be Moscow, Grangeville, and McCall, but yeah probably a long ways off. It will be a very long time before @Yarder can do his old ICE drive from Aberdeen to Pullman via Vantage. But at least with North Bend and Moses Lake coming in, it will provide some more flexibility. And if/when Moscow ever gets built, he can always do a short diversion from Pullman and top off there if necessary.

I can make it to Pullman from Aberdeen with my MS 70. Fortunately, there a number of J-1772 chargers in Pullman. The hotel that has the destination charger is always full during football games. I cannot go roundtrip from RItzville without several hours in Pullman at a destination charger. If there was a Supercharger in Colfax, I could easily go from Ellensburg to Colfax. AND be able to have enough power to enjoy the area.

I probably saw 20 Tesla's in and around Pullman this weekend. Getting J-1772 charger space is getting more and more difficult.

There’s also a Chademo charger in Pullman plus several others in rural Eastern Washington. Sounds like your case would be a perfect one for purchasing the adapter. I hesitantly bought mine and have loved it ever since. Even on supercharger supported routes, the Chademo chargers can be in interesting places worth checking out.

Yeah....I made a trip to Pullman & Moscow and it was really only feasible with the adapter. Kennewick>Pullman/Moscow>Ritzville is quite a trek. I don't see Tesla putting a SC in the area for at least 5 years.

Yeah, there just is not the numbers driving from Seattle to Pullman to Moscow or Clarkston/Lewiston area. Pullman would be a good spot for a Supercharger say at the Walmart/Safeway/Rite Aid area. Really though Pullman just needs to be blanketed with public level 2 charging and not on a 50 AMP breaker but on 100 AMP @ 240V per charger so that it can provide 80AMP max and up to 40 miles of charge per hour.

Electrify American has a contract with Walmart for level charging so Tesla won't be installing there. Given the speed of EA chargers being installed throughout the PNW it is like EA will have level 3 charging in Pullman years before Tesla even scouts the area.

Yeah, there just is not the numbers driving from Seattle to Pullman to Moscow or Clarkston/Lewiston area. Pullman would be a good spot for a Supercharger say at the Walmart/Safeway/Rite Aid area. Really though Pullman just needs to be blanketed with public level 2 charging and not on a 50 AMP breaker but on 100 AMP @ 240V per charger so that it can provide 80AMP max and up to 40 miles of charge per hour.

Electrify American has a contract with Walmart for level charging so Tesla won't be installing there. Given the speed of EA chargers being installed throughout the PNW it is like EA will have level 3 charging in Pullman years before Tesla even scouts the area.

That wouldn't be so bad for us if we got a CCS adapter that could handle more than 50kW and if EA wasn't like $20+ for a charge!

836784FC-3C95-40A3-8805-A79DBC702E45.jpeg

No change since last pictures. 750 KVA transformer in place, but still missing Tesla switch gear, etc. Great stop, lots of options and Starbucks for @acarney . ;)

Perfect! I think I can comfortably use this stop instead of Ritzville and just top off before getting into the Spokane area. I like the L2s at the mall downtown, but if I’m doing anything else around Spokane I think I would rather supercharge enough that I didn’t have to hunt for a charger as soon as I got into town.

We really do just need Yakima now! This frenzy in Washington state has me excited but also worried that once the surge is done they won’t focus back on Washington for a year or something. Anyone know the Tesla guy in charge or this region? ;)

Oh, and Boardman, that’ll make returns from Portland a bit better!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lnsh and Raleel