Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441224514.316283.jpg

Crew is here in Strasburg now. They say plans are to turn it on, "in a few hours." We have two Teslas here already waiting to use it.

Impromptu opening celebration anyone?

Lanny

I am at the site now. There are three electricians working--one from tesla and two contractors. The power is on and all stations have been tested on a P85+. According to the man from Tesla, it should be open for use tonight.

Congratulations on being first at Strasburg! It looks like a beautiful spot to recharge.

Strasburg is going to be a key stopping point for my first Tesla Road trip.
Kind of funny that my car is in Virginia right now on the train to NJ and then on to MA for delivery in a couple weeks.

I'm planning to travel from Boston to upstate NY, with stops at Superchargers in Albany, Syracuse and Buffalo.
Then on to Columbus, OH - charging in Cleveland along the way.
Then from Columbus on to Harrisonburg, VA via Tridelphia, WV, Somerset, PA, maybe Hagerstown, MD and most definitely Strasburg.

I expect Strasburg will also be my first stop on the way back to Boston.

Nice to see guys and congrats on being the first to charge there! Lanny, how full did you go before heading towards Blacksburg? I have a recruiting trip to VT planned for the end of September, but I'm nervous about the haul in my 60 (even with destination charging). It'll be especially embarrassing to need to scramble for interim charging between Strasburg and Blacksburg with a coworker tagging along. :crying:

Lanny, how full did you go before heading towards Blacksburg? I have a recruiting trip to VT planned for the end of September, but I'm nervous about the haul in my 60 (even with destination charging). It'll be especially embarrassing to need to scramble for interim charging between Strasburg and Blacksburg with a coworker tagging along.

Fully charged the 70D to 238 rated miles and arrived with 29 miles driving fairly conservatively. There are some charging stations in Roanoke, including a CHAdeMO that we'll check on the return trip.

Yo CMU5P!

Tesla Day at a VA Winery - now THAT would be sweet! Great idea - especially if we can get a dozen like minded Model S owners/wine-o's to join in - and of course get some VIP parking to showcase the future of transportation in the US and A. I'm IN! And, I promise to fill the Model S with three fun co-imbibers... Got any dates to suggest? Or specific wineries? There are a lot on 66 between WDC and Strasburg (Three Foxes, Barrel Oak, Naked Mountain, Linden). Let us know!