Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sulphur Springs, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not a current Tesla owner but have 2 Model 3s on reservation. I am visiting from San Jose, CA with family that live in Sulphur Springs. Yesterday we went downtown for lunch and parked next to the SC and walked to Burgerland to eat. I thought I would give a quick review for those wanting to eat while charging. I have no affiliation to any business or establishment in the Sulphur Springs area.

There were six of us in our party and when we walked in the place was 100% full.Always a good sign in my mind. We were greeted by one of the wait staff and was told that one of the larger tables would be clear very soon. She was correct within a couple of minutes a group was leaving and we were seated.

From the appearance it looks like an old worn out concrete warehouse. However, the cooking area is in plain site and very new and clean. I did a quick review of the place and the decor is intentional from what I can tell.

We each ordered a hamburger made to order and ordered 2 larger orders of fries to share among the group. The fries came out first. The large baskets are huge and the fries are really good. They are lightly salted and cooked perfectly just a light crunch and very hot. Did I mention that they were huge.

When the burgers came mine was excellent. It was hot and cooked perfectly. I have cheddar cheese, lettuce, pickles, ketchup and mustard with onions. I would rate it as 9 our of 10. I think I will order with grilled onions next time. Absolutely nothing wrong with the burger as it came but the onions while sweet and not hot would have made the burger tastier grilled. Fries 10 out of 10.

Overall a 9.5 out of ten. A&M on the TV and attentive wait staff with great food. My only minor complaint is that they don't make milkshakes. This is just wrong in my book. A Blue Belle hand made shake would have been a perfect drink/desert for this meal.

I hope this helps others and that your experience is just as good. Sorry, forgot to take pictures. If I go back I will do so.

Stopped at Sulfur Springs the other day. What a delightful place to charge! The location is on the block next to the quaint and attractive downtown, and it's a very pleasant place to stroll around and check out the restaurants. The town square is close by, and it's a real trip to use the one way mirrored public toilets there. Although it's a little bit of a drive to get to the chargers from I-30, Sulfur Springs tops my list of favorite supercharger sites that I've utilized to date (about 35 and counting).

If anyone gets a chance to charge here, two great secrets... one is the german food restaurant.... the other, far crazier experience is a fossil store across the street.... there are several dinosaur fossils for sale and other artifacts, but the real surprise is talking with the owner of the store about how he found the fossils..... I don't want to ruin the surprise.... just nod and smile and be intrigued.... it really is a neat store.

This city was near the center of totality and had a low chance for cloud cover during the 2024 solar eclipse. The line of Teslas waiting to charge amongst the tractors, trucks, farmers, and cowhands in this small, rural town seemed out of place.

I'm glad I didn't need to charge because the wait time was >25 minutes, 1 of 8 stalls was down, and the entire site went down on at least a couple of occasions. It was 100% full with a wait time at 11am and still is at 5pm - that's probably the highest utilization that location has ever experienced!

The drive and wait was well worth it - seeing a total eclipse for the first time was breathtaking...and a Tesla with its glass roof and Camp Mode made a great eclipse watching vehicle!

IMG_6727.jpg

Reactions: TMC Bubba
This city was near the center of totality and had a low chance for cloud cover during the 2024 solar eclipse. The line of Teslas waiting to charge amongst the tractors, trucks, farmers, and cowhands in this small, rural town seemed out of place.

I'm glad I didn't need to charge because the wait time was >25 minutes, 1 of 8 stalls was down, and the entire site went down on at least a couple of occasions. It was 100% full with a wait time at 11am and still is at 5pm - that's probably the highest utilization that location has ever experienced!

The drive and wait was well worth it - seeing a total eclipse for the first time was breathtaking...and a Tesla with its glass roof and Camp Mode made a great eclipse watching vehicle!

m
We were fortunate, my BIL lives in Sulpher Springs and we watched from his property. I didn't need to charge as we were in his garage charging at 12 amps since Sunday evening. We will be driving back to California Friday. You are right, the eclipse was fantastic! Our first time seeing a total eclipse and one that lasted almost 4 1/2 minutes. It was incredible. Now we are making plans for Australia in 2028.

Reactions: zroger73 and brkaus