TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Sulphur Springs, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by JMG, Jan 2, 2016.

1. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

My Nav now shows Sulphur Springs as online. I just thought you'd like to know since it's been off for so long.

• Informative x 1
  2. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

finally! (mine as well)

3. eladts

eladts Member

The location of this site on supercharge.info seems to be wrong.

4. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

I sent in a correction request.

5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

i was about to say "no, it looks fine" - because it was the same as the official Tesla map - then I realised that was also wrong! I imagine the official Tesla site info is used, once a site is live on the Tesla site. @BlueShift could advise.

6. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

It's been corrected on supercharge.info

7. bryanw95119

bryanw95119 Member

I am not a current Tesla owner but have 2 Model 3s on reservation. I am visiting from San Jose, CA with family that live in Sulphur Springs. Yesterday we went downtown for lunch and parked next to the SC and walked to Burgerland to eat. I thought I would give a quick review for those wanting to eat while charging. I have no affiliation to any business or establishment in the Sulphur Springs area.

There were six of us in our party and when we walked in the place was 100% full.Always a good sign in my mind. We were greeted by one of the wait staff and was told that one of the larger tables would be clear very soon. She was correct within a couple of minutes a group was leaving and we were seated.

From the appearance it looks like an old worn out concrete warehouse. However, the cooking area is in plain site and very new and clean. I did a quick review of the place and the decor is intentional from what I can tell.

We each ordered a hamburger made to order and ordered 2 larger orders of fries to share among the group. The fries came out first. The large baskets are huge and the fries are really good. They are lightly salted and cooked perfectly just a light crunch and very hot. Did I mention that they were huge.

When the burgers came mine was excellent. It was hot and cooked perfectly. I have cheddar cheese, lettuce, pickles, ketchup and mustard with onions. I would rate it as 9 our of 10. I think I will order with grilled onions next time. Absolutely nothing wrong with the burger as it came but the onions while sweet and not hot would have made the burger tastier grilled. Fries 10 out of 10.

Overall a 9.5 out of ten. A&M on the TV and attentive wait staff with great food. My only minor complaint is that they don't make milkshakes. This is just wrong in my book. A Blue Belle hand made shake would have been a perfect drink/desert for this meal.

I hope this helps others and that your experience is just as good. Sorry, forgot to take pictures. If I go back I will do so.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  8. iefbr14

iefbr14 Member

Stopped at Sulfur Springs the other day. What a delightful place to charge! The location is on the block next to the quaint and attractive downtown, and it's a very pleasant place to stroll around and check out the restaurants. The town square is close by, and it's a real trip to use the one way mirrored public toilets there. Although it's a little bit of a drive to get to the chargers from I-30, Sulfur Springs tops my list of favorite supercharger sites that I've utilized to date (about 35 and counting).

• Like x 6
  9. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Banned

Agreed. This is a great SpC location.

• Like x 1
  10. evp

evp Nerd

Good food at Muddy Jakes, just north of the SC.

11. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode

If anyone gets a chance to charge here, two great secrets... one is the german food restaurant.... the other, far crazier experience is a fossil store across the street.... there are several dinosaur fossils for sale and other artifacts, but the real surprise is talking with the owner of the store about how he found the fossils..... I don't want to ruin the surprise.... just nod and smile and be intrigued.... it really is a neat store.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1