Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA - S. 40th St. (under construction Feb 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know anything, but from the satellite, it looks like electrical connections to the “big green boxes” would be easiest for the yellow highlighted parking stalls. Notice also the asphalt color, indicating that this area was paved at the same time as the “inside” mall parking, thus likely the same property (and different from the adjacent church). Anyway, @Tacoma Dave might look around this area for markings.
View attachment 950346
I can confirm that the parking that you have marked is part of the strip mall parking and not part of the church's parking. I too hope that this is where they install the chargers. I just took a look up there at lunch and there were no markings. Also, no markings in the other parking area which I can see from my office.

• Helpful
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I can confirm that the parking that you have marked is part of the strip mall parking and not part of the church's parking. I too hope that this is where they install the chargers. I just took a look up there at lunch and there were no markings. Also, no markings in the other parking area which I can see from my office.
Markings are a result of dig tickets being filed. Easy to check without driving around looking for paint. Thankfully WA and OR have easy online access for these dig tickets.
www.searchandstatus.com

I know this location had a permit Pin that bounced around from the REI lot, to next to Red Robin to across the street by Bank of America so I thought this was worth sharing. I drive be here quite frequently and today I noticed the side of the Petco (next to Bank of America) had been coned off. Not sure if it’s related. Still no ground markings but it seems like the 2nd contractor (not blackstone) appears to be moving forward with projects without the markings. Will be interesting to see where exactly this will located. Personally if this is the area the station goes in it makes more sense for egress/ingress and actual parking lot availability. The other plaza across the street is always jam packed and opens the door for regular icing. This story is To Be Continued… haha

IMG_0138.jpeg

LOL I stand corrected on my Last post. It’s where I figured it would be and many others felt it would be all along. Here is the exact location of where the chargers will be. Will keep an eye out for any dig tickets or ground markings. View attachment 973468
Thanks. I've updated the location, which we previously had on the other side of Half Price Books.

Reactions: Guy Maughan
LOL I stand corrected on my Last post. It’s where I figured it would be and many others felt it would be all along. Here is the exact location of where the chargers will be. Will keep an eye out for any dig tickets or ground markings. View attachment 973468
I guess I'm confused but how do you know that is where it will be?

I drove through that lot a few days ago and didn't see anything. I did think the spot you outlined would be a decent place for a supercharger although the signage will have to be updated (currently says something like CHURCH PARKING ONLY SUNDAYS).

I also thought the area north of the Dollar Tree building (perhaps a little to the left of where your map cuts off) would be a decent location. Probably not too crowded, easier to walk to the businesses (when compared to the church location), but probably a sketchier location after hours when compared to the church location.

FWIW, I didn't see any movement at the other two Tacoma permit locations either (one nearby near the Tacoma Mall and the other a couple exits south by Elmer's).

I guess I'm confused but how do you know that is where it will be?

I drove through that lot a few days ago and didn't see anything. I did think the spot you outlined would be a decent place for a supercharger although the signage will have to be updated (currently says something like CHURCH PARKING ONLY SUNDAYS).

I also thought the area north of the Dollar Tree building (perhaps a little to the left of where your map cuts off) would be a decent location. Probably not too crowded, easier to walk to the businesses (when compared to the church location), but probably a sketchier location after hours when compared to the church location.

FWIW, I didn't see any movement at the other two Tacoma permit locations either (one nearby near the Tacoma Mall and the other a couple exits south by Elmer's).
I would agree with you that the other locations make more sense. I got the updated map with the location of the chargers from a friend. Decided it was time to call in some favors in Marcos absence.

Reactions: Mrbrock
With the latest Blackstone dig ticket near Ballard, the Tacoma sites are still a ways out I’d guess. Maybe Q1 24?

I’m curious to see if someone can locate the Snoqualmie Pass supercharger. Shows on the map as a Q3 install. Maybe the guys that did Ocean Shores are putting that one in without pulling a permit. It’s like a magic trick. You never know where they are going to pop up next!

I’m curious to see if someone can locate the Snoqualmie Pass supercharger. Shows on the map as a Q3 install. Maybe the guys that did Ocean Shores are putting that one in without pulling a permit. It’s like a magic trick. You never know where they are going to pop up next!
The Summit Inn looks like the only place in the area with a large enough parking lot for a site unless they build on an undeveloped lot.

As far as Ocean Shores, there is an electrical permit for that site. Not for Rochester since that is apparently tribal owned.

I remember reaching out to the various county building departments in the area and none of them wanted to claim Snoqualmie Pass as theirs. Coincidentally, the King/Kititas County line runs through the Summit Inn.

Dig ticket filed yesterday. With Elmers wrapping up on the buildout side, Blackstone is moving on. Based on description, looks to be going in across from Verizon. Along drive aisle at south entrance. @Tacoma Dave maybe you can check for markings?
View attachment 1020088View attachment 1020091
I hope that's not the location. It is constantly crowded (there are already 5 cars parked there this morning) and the turn off from Steele/Tacoma Mall Boulevard gets backed up there. It would get worse with Teslas backing into spots to charge. Also, there is no electric vault there while there is one in between Verizon and Red Robin. There is also one behind Half Price Books. I can see the spot that you highlighted from my office and there is no obvious sign of activity. It's possible that I just can't see markings from this far away. I will drive over and look at lunchtime. I will also keep an eye on the parking lot to see if I see anyone is making markings.

Last edited:
I just drove through the entire parking lot a couple of times. I didn't see any lines in either the upper or lower parking lot. The lower lot is full though, so, it's possible that cars are parked on the lines. There is one newish looking white line on the street near the upper lot. I will try to go back tomorrow morning before there are cars in the lot.

I hope that's not the location. It is constantly crowded (there are already 5 cars parked there this morning) and the turn off from Steele/Tacoma Mall Boulevard gets backed up there. It would get worse with Teslas backing into spots to charge. Also, there is no electric vault there while there is one in between Verizon and Red Robin. There is also one behind Half Price Books. I can see the spot that you highlighted from my office and there is no obvious sign of activity. It's possible that I just can't see markings from this far away. I will drive over and look at lunchtime. I will also keep an eye on the parking lot to see if I see anyone is making markings.
I agree that the lot behind Half Price Books is less busy, but it's currently signed as church parking only so something would have to be resolved there.

As an aside, I have fond memories of going to that Red Robin when I was a little kid. It's been in that location for at least 40 years!

I just drove through the entire parking lot a couple of times. I didn't see any lines in either the upper or lower parking lot. The lower lot is full though, so, it's possible that cars are parked on the lines. There is one newish looking white line on the street near the upper lot. I will try to go back tomorrow morning before there are cars in the lot.
For those of us not familiar with the site, what do you mean by upper and lower?