Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grapevine, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, longtime (2.5 years) Tesla owner - just joined the Tesla Motors Club after searching for Tesla Superchargers in Grapevine Tx. Found this thread and I don't think I saw any recent updates on this, but the Texas Smokehouse in Grapevine location is open! Charging at it now. Not positive, but I think it's only a V2 supercharger, not the newer, faster Version. My 2015 Model S 70 is only charging at 26kw (90 mi/hr). I was a little over half full when I started. Charging to 90% and it should be somewhere around 30-40 mins. Not great, but my 2015 is older and doesn't charge as fast. Unlimited and free tho! Lol!

So, longtime (2.5 years) Tesla owner - just joined the Tesla Motors Club after searching for Tesla Superchargers in Grapevine Tx. Found this thread and I don't think I saw any recent updates on this, but the Texas Smokehouse in Grapevine location is open! Charging at it now. Not positive, but I think it's only a V2 supercharger, not the newer, faster Version. My 2015 Model S 70 is only charging at 26kw (90 mi/hr). I was a little over half full when I started. Charging to 90% and it should be somewhere around 30-40 mins. Not great, but my 2015 is older and doesn't charge as fast. Unlimited and free tho! Lol!
Did you make sure to warm battery first?

Stopped by there today to check it out. Noticed that the chargers are grouped by 4 (1A-B-C-D, then 2 & 3). Is that normal for V3 ? Will that change the etiquette for using a supercharger ?
Grapevine_supercharger.jpg

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Stopped by there today to check it out. Noticed that the chargers are grouped by 4 (1A-B-C-D, then 2 & 3). Is that normal for V3 ? Will that change the etiquette for using a supercharger ?

Yes, for V3 each cabinet serves four stalls. The cabinet are also connected with a shared DC bus the balance the load between them. All of this means you use any stall you like without having to worry about power sharing.

Stopped by there today to check it out. Noticed that the chargers are grouped by 4 (1A-B-C-D, then 2 & 3). Is that normal for V3 ? Will that change the etiquette for using a supercharger ? View attachment 654631
Yes, V3 are in groups of 4, but it doesn’t matter which stall you choose. Any stall can give 250 kW because the Superchargers are tied together on the DC side. If 4 cars pull in at the same time at a low SOC and all plug in right next to each other, multiple Supercharger cabinets will blast off and provide 250 kW to each stall.

Yes, V3 are in groups of 4, but it doesn’t matter which stall you choose. Any stall can give 250 kW because the Superchargers are tied together on the DC side. If 4 cars pull in at the same time at a low SOC and all plug in right next to each other, multiple Supercharger cabinets will blast off and provide 250 kW to each stall.
Charged here 5+ times now and haven’t seen close to 250kw even once. Barely breaks 100kw on a good day. Here now as a matter of fact, and my 2019 Model 3 SR+ is currently charging at 63kw and I just plugged in with 20% left starting out.
Not sure why it’s charging so slow if it truly is V3...

Might be a good idea to ping Tesla and see if they have a comment. I am sure they will Get Right Back To You. :rolleyes:

JFTHOI I plan to run The Good Ship Venus 'near dry (on trips to me, 15 % is when my sporting blood turns to urine...), set course for Grapevine from Cedar Hill, letting the battery condition itself and see what happens.

Was there on Free BBQ Sample day, got a sample slice of pizza, and a full BBQ lunch the next day. It's a pretty neat place. But brushes in the car wash, alas.

BBQ is OK, but Soulman's still rules in Dallas. Pizza is OK, But Broadway Pizza in the mall next to the Sheraton downtown Dallas is my choice.

Nasser the owner is quite a genial host, but remarked "Those Tesla things are my competition, you know, I sell GASOLINE!". I offered to give him the complete Tesla spiel and a test drive when the dust settles. I also said that most charging customers will drop in at least for a Coca Cola or coffee or something. I try to spend something at businesses who host Superchargers on general principles.

Reactions: brkaus and CarlS
Charged here 5+ times now and haven’t seen close to 250kw even once. Barely breaks 100kw on a good day. Here now as a matter of fact, and my 2019 Model 3 SR+ is currently charging at 63kw and I just plugged in with 20% left starting out.
Same here. I just can't believe there isn't a good reason. Maybe there is a break-in period to give it a bit of time, then come back and tighten up all the connection nuts and bolts. Just an FYI to others that may have a home charger. You'd be surprised how the screws on your 1450 or otherwise vibrate loose - not just the Tesla circuit an breaker screws but other household breakers. It's a real thing.

I'll charge there tomorrow and post speed results here for my 21 M3 LR AWD. It might not be a perfect representation since I'll be preheating from only ~3 miles away when I head over to charge but I will be around 10-15% when I start charging.