Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The folks who pull trailers who have posted on this site make the point that they stay with their vehicle, ready to move as needed to unblock stalls. Given the choice between blocking fellow Tesla chargers, most of whom should have some understanding of charging issues, and blocking some ICE parking, I'd go with the former. Most Tesla owners I have met would be understanding as long as the inconvenience (waiting while I unplugged and moved my rig) was minimal. Of course, there are a few who fit another image of Tesla owners....anyone else catch the guy in the "Bosch" series?

The folks who pull trailers who have posted on this site make the point that they stay with their vehicle, ready to move as needed to unblock stalls. Given the choice between blocking fellow Tesla chargers, most of whom should have some understanding of charging issues, and blocking some ICE parking, I'd go with the former. Most Tesla owners I have met would be understanding as long as the inconvenience (waiting while I unplugged and moved my rig) was minimal. Of course, there are a few who fit another image of Tesla owners....anyone else catch the guy in the "Bosch" series?
Absolutely would not be a problem (at least so far). If there were any chance an issue might arise, the trailer would be unhitched before charging. As things are now, no driver towing a trailer should have a rig that they are not willing to unhook at EVERY Supercharger. It's just part of the required system to have the mechanism be easily dismountable.

This is great. This will make my Seattle-Portland trip more enjoyable. Maybe I don't have to pay for premium hotel for the destination charger so that I have enough juice to drive around and coming back to Centralia without worrying too much.

Yes. This is the main thing. If you charge to 80-90% at Centralia and drive to Portland, you probably can't make it back to Centralia! Vancouver solves the problem.

I don't know if they will open without putting a "box" around the transformers, etc. I was by there just half hour ago and it is largely the same as the pictures from Thursday. There's still some metal pipes coming out of the cement as though some more electrical equipment needs to be installed. It's darned close, though!

645AB692-DB11-4CBF-9948-AB4AF1ADC1CC.png
EE80D909-7E6B-4AF4-89ED-6646FFF5A28B.jpeg
Freddy's has a level 2 charger, but $0.59/kwh I thought I saw at one time.

Wow, that’s near gas prices for a charge..

PDX supercharger:
Also I posted in a different thread on TMC and on the PDX Facebook group but I think I found one of the future superchargers in PDX. At the Fred Meyers on NE Halsey, around the mall 205 area. Usual MO. Permit and map posted above. They already have a Blink charger at the Fred Meyers like the Vancouver location, so this looks promising.

Thoughts? Anyone able to find out anymore info/scout the area?

View attachment 261543 View attachment 261544

Wow, that’s near gas prices for a charge..

PDX supercharger:
Also I posted in a different thread on TMC and on the PDX Facebook group but I think I found one of the future superchargers in PDX. At the Fred Meyers on NE Halsey, around the mall 205 area. Usual MO. Permit and map posted above. They already have a Blink charger at the Fred Meyers like the Vancouver location, so this looks promising.

Thoughts? Anyone able to find out anymore info/scout the area?

Actually you are pointing to Kohl's not Fred Meyers. (Fred Meyers is further South.)

And that Kohl's just recently got two Volta chargers installed right in front of there. So that permit was probably for the Volta chargers.