Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading through there this Saturday morning. Love that stop, especially since they more than doubled capacity...
I had stopped there before the addition when it was completely full. Last week I was the only one when I pulled in. A couple more pulled in while I was charging - one that went to a V2 stall while most of the V3s were empty. Not sure if that was by choice, or if they didn't realize the difference. If I was going to have lunch I would probably use a slower one, so that could have been the case.

I had stopped there before the addition when it was completely full. Last week I was the only one when I pulled in. A couple more pulled in while I was charging - one that went to a V2 stall while most of the V3s were empty. Not sure if that was by choice, or if they didn't realize the difference. If I was going to have lunch I would probably use a slower one, so that could have been the case.
Shhhhh...... :)

(Actually, I noticed someone do the same and told them the ones on the right are faster - depending on car, usage, etc)

Reactions: elee888
Stopped there yesterday and was able to try out the V3. In my 2020 Model 3, I maxed out at ~160kW, starting at 35% SOC. Still impressive!

I see folks getting >200kW, what would be the scenario/SOC where I could get that fast/high?

Also, are all V3 chargers "independent", unlike the shared stalls situation of V2?

And it was a real mess at the charging stalls yesterday. There was heavy rain the night before, and at least 8 of the stalls (closest to I35, the V2 chargers) were inaccessible due to 6" of standing water. Have you guys noticed this standing water regularly, or was just due to the extreme rain?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
And it was a real mess at the charging stalls yesterday. There was heavy rain the night before, and at least 8 of the stalls (closest to I35, the V2 chargers) were inaccessible due to 6" of standing water. Have you guys noticed this standing water regularly, or was just due to the extreme rain?
I was there yesterday evening after the storms had gone through it was the same situation. It's the older V2 chargers that are impacted so that's one plus. I think all the I-35 construction in the area is causing the problems with the drainage. Hoping when that's finished (probably a long way off still), that'll be fixed. Luckily only waited a minute before a car left one of the V3s and I was able to get a spot.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
Is the Waco charger no longer free? I stopped there on the way to Austin and back this past weekend and have charges on my account both ways. I believe about 2 years ago I was also charged to charge there once but it was removed from my account later. Wasn't sure if anything changed here or not.

Is the Waco charger no longer free? I stopped there on the way to Austin and back this past weekend and have charges on my account both ways. I believe about 2 years ago I was also charged to charge there once but it was removed from my account later. Wasn't sure if anything changed here or not.
Yeah, I stopped there this weekend and was also charged for using the 250kW chargers.

technically its never free (from Tesla) but every so often CSB would fund it.
Over the times I've charged there its been free 30-40% of the time.
Maybe they can't afford to do that in a post covid world.
They used to give you a free coffee if you showed your key, I did that once to see if it worked but figured if they're funding charging we shouldn't really get a free coffee out of them as well.
Better to support the hosting business and make it a good experience for them to host a supercharger.

Was there June 18th the business closed (COVID ?) - was looking forward to it. Paid $8.45 for 240 miles. Used a 250k starting rate 1069 miles. It was hard to get in there with the traffic and freeway renovations - had to drive around to the back entrance across 3 lanes of stopped traffic - but Texans are known for their friendly drivers.

Reactions: ElectricIAC