Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Nyack, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This location would be cool for a quick charge if I go to mall, but I’m reading some of these posts and keep wondering why people are using SCers as their home chargers. Why not just install a charging system at home? Most of my friends, including myself, with EVs did just that. I would hate to have to waste my time sitting at a SCer when I can have car charged up overnight.

Reactions: JSergeant
This location would be cool for a quick charge if I go to mall, but I’m reading some of these posts and keep wondering why people are using SCers as their home chargers. Why not just install a charging system at home? Most of my friends, including myself, with EVs did just that. I would hate to have to waste my time sitting at a SCer when I can have car charged up overnight.

There are many obvious reasons, but none are relevant. The thread is for Supercharger status, not reasons for caring (which are individual and personal).

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
The transformer is now installed! The lamp posts are yet to be installed. Home stretch.

IMG_0369.jpg

Stopped by the mall yesterday. Light posts still on the ground waiting to be installed. Photos for anyone interested below.

View attachment 409878 View attachment 409879

One change from last week is that the poles moved from being stacked together to being next to their respective mounting bases. So perhaps the contractors are active again. I still can’t find the meter, however.

Hopefully, the many potholes leading to the charging area will be patched soon. The Palisades Center roads have become minefields in multiple spots.

• Informative
Reactions: 3DM3
so I just read that O&R is wholly owned subsidiary of ConEd...

I think, in the end, this is the problem. ConEd is like the LEAST EV friendly power company IN THE WORLD. they can't even see the extra KWh they will be selling to power our cars...

in nyc ConEd will not allow charging stations of any kind on public sidewalks. they only allow them in privately held garages and lots. you want to charge? you have to pay a hefty parking fee to do it. OOPS.

Reactions: streetskooler