Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Willcox, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The old girl charged to 100% is still giving me 260 rated miles @ 53k miles and five years+ View attachment 270076 out of the gate.
Still Grinning

Just for an update :) 20000 miles later I'm now at about 73 K miles 100% charge is now down to 255 I've lost about five miles of rated range this year in 20,000 miles of driving. Charging to 90% yields a similar result used to be 235 now down to 230 at best.

No alternative so we had to use it. We were there at 3:27 am to 4:49 am this morning (Monday, October 8, 2018). All charging spots were empty, except us. We did not need to stay that long but as I was driving out of the parking lot my wife said she needed to use the bathroom again. I dropped her off at the door and plugged back in until she was done. A little extra juice never hurts and there is no extra weight.

Reactions: David99
No alternative so we had to use it. We were there at 3:27 am to 4:49 am this morning (Monday, October 8, 2018). All charging spots were empty, except us. We did not need to stay that long but as I was driving out of the parking lot my wife said she needed to use the bathroom again. I dropped her off at the door and plugged back in until she was done. A little extra juice never hurts and there is no extra weight.
TMI (-:

Wilcox here we go again!

Attachments

• IMG_20181115_141847.jpg
    IMG_20181115_141847.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 189
Apparently so shows down in the car also. Not sure if Tucson at Rita Road to Deming is doable in anything less than an S3XY 85kw? May need to check out plugshare there aren't many other options out here. I could probably make it in my S85 on a 100% charge running well below the speed limit around 62 to 65 miles per hour.

Attachments

• PXL_20210829_001639967.jpg
    PXL_20210829_001639967.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Apparently so shows down in the car also. Not sure if Tucson at Rita Road to Deming is doable in anything less than an S3XY 85kw? May need to check out plugshare there aren't many other options out here. I could probably make it in my S85 on a 100% charge running well below the speed limit around 62 to 65 miles per hour.
There is a free Tesla L2 at the Museum 25 miles south of I10 on US80 just north of Rodeo NM if you get desperate. Wilcox must have some L2 somewhere as well, but I don't know where

There is a free Tesla L2 at the Museum 25 miles south of I10 on US80 just north of Rodeo NM if you get desperate. Wilcox must have some L2 somewhere as well, but I don't know where

Yep I've been to that one. pretty cool museum too. Actually I live out here and I'm listed on plugshare so I'd be happy to support anyone passing through you just have to head north for about 30 miles to Safford recharge here, then you could continue East on Rt. 70 and rejoin I-10 in lordsburg. Or if you can make it to lordsburg and have a chademo adapter there is an option there at the Chevron station I think it is evgo Network or electrify America not sure I'd have to open my plugshare app and look.

There is some campground support in Willcox but you would need to have your mobile connector with you but there are no dedicated level two chargers

Last edited:
Reactions: tmoz
Reviving this thread just for a minute for some reason the Wilcox supercharger no longer shows up in the Tesla nav as a pin on the screen it does however still show in the list of chargers available in the drop-down menu.16437423633206461008115135405392.jpg

Globe AZ. 🙏🏻.

Safford. AZ. 🙏🏻

Springerville AZ 🙏

Kayenta AZ 🙏🏻

Lordsburg NM 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Dodge City KS. 🙏🏻

to name a few.

……. It’d be nice to have gaps closed < 100 miles.

These superchargers were originally to facilitate long distance travel. Large gaps can make it tough with all the variables

Think foul weather, the wintertime; heat-range-loss!!

💨 wind; range degradation….. battery degradation for many of us old road travelers that just want to have a six hour road trip not be a ten to eleven hour road trip.

Goose and go! With extra mileage for comfort and travel at the limit.

Our Tesla’s are great! No doubt! ….. I’m just opining for gap closures. 🥴

Hear comes wointer 23-24 ❄️
Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• IMG_4042.jpeg
    IMG_4042.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4043.jpeg
    IMG_4043.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: tccartier
Should you pull in to charge while The Holiday Inn is serving breakfast and, you are hungry…. pay at the front desk for a breakfast. Breakfast only, they don’t serve lunch or dinner.
Gives us a place to sit relax and have a lite hotel breakfast, coffee, juices, eggs, pancakes etc 😋

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    706.9 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Informative
Reactions: tmoz and otter
Any one been here lately? Have the plugs been repaired? We had to wait last November as a line had formed. It didn't help that 2 or 3 of them were out of order. Hopefully, the 2018 ICEing of the stalls no longer happens. At least i haven't seen complaints recently.

I was last at Willcox AZ 18 days ago. Cars coming and going routinely. I didn’t notice any stalls not working but I wasn’t paying strict attention.

At the 5R in Deming NM several charging cables were laying on the ground. I re-holstered them but some didn’t stay holstered. It was hella windy! Later folks plugged into them and charged so not sure if the ones out of the holsters are -all- not working. I don’t make them my first choice to back into but I think some just fall out and are hanging on the ground because of weather or a bad latch when holstered. It’s hit or miss I guess. If we find one not working we need to call Tesla each and every time and advise them of the location and stall number.
….. but…. me included…. I don’t check a downed cable if I find a good stall to charge in. I just charge and go!
I usually rely on the 17” display to indicate 6 of 8 available etc. but that’s just cars charging.
I’m curious if Tesla has visibility on each site -as to an inoperative stall(s). How would that be communicated to drivers….. or on the 17”?

Incites ???

Reactions: teddytoons