Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodburn, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just another picture. A minute after I took it, people walked up to look at the connectors... But no Tesla in the parking lot (we were in the big van as we have family from overseas visiting and wouldn't all fit in the Model S)
5ynejahu.jpg

Yeah, that ADK crew has SCs down pat. Any sightings at Cottage Grove (or where ever) and Medford/Ashland? I hope Tesla Motors recognizes how ADK is making Tesla look good and rewards them.

As I see it, there are 6 more WA/OR 2013 SCs from the map that ADK will work on. I expect those to happen on a pretty short time table once there are pavement markings. Personally, I'm hoping for the Ellensburg one to happen soon but I get the importance of the West Coast SC Highway.

For the West Coast SuperCharger Highway, We need 3 more SCs. The two Southern Oregon and one Northern Cal SCs. I agree that completing that is major accomplishment and cause for celebration. Perhaps a repeat of Tony William's west coast rally is called for once the last SC opens. Transcontinental railroad analogies abound but I think this is more like the first SF to NYC Jet Transport route.

I'm hoping the priority is the I-5 corridor -- they would get some good press from having a N/S border to border route avail. Also can't wait to see SC's added along I-10 from LA to Phoenix -- that gives us access to CA road trips...

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to make the drive to Woodburn OR and put them to good use. The ADK crews are great at getting TSCS's up quickly after the permits etc. are done. San Marcos Texas will be on line just barely before Oregon;) That will make Oregon the eighth state to have an operational supercharger!!

As more and more TSCSs go in eventually there will be a HUGE connection point where a particular TSCS is the pivotal station that connects distant cities. The west coast will be first with a TSCS route between San Diego and Seattle/Vancouver B.C. that should be a big event in its own right.... Miami to Maine maybe next???? although questionable because, just maybe, the coasts will get connected just before the eastern seaboard north south route is done. I think all three of these events are awesome, but I think the TSCS that connects the two coasts will be the one that should be marked with the largest celebration!! A real media event! A national event .... maybe a Christmas present to Elon!
Let's hope so!!!!!

This could be a great PR opportunity for Tesla. Perhaps repeat the "hammering in the golden spike" ceremony that was held when the trans-contential railroad was completed in the 19th century. That was a really big deal then, and it also is for the cross-country SuperChargers in the 21st century.

GSP

Just stopped by about an hour ago (5pm), coming back from our road trip, from Portland - Maupin - Bend - Redmond (car show).... and back home just now. :)

Looks like it's almost ready to go. Just need theEV parking signs mounted, and some loose ends cleaned up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Next person to visit, please check the chargers (white cases) to see if they marked which slots each charger serves. They marked them at Bulington, but not at Centrailia. I don't think Centrailia has had enough use yet to figure which two slots are served by the same charger. Or, maybe so?

Not terribly important, but why share a charger if it is not necessary?

Next person to visit, please check the chargers (white cases) to see if they marked which slots each charger serves. They marked them at Bulington, but not at Centrailia. I don't think Centrailia has had enough use yet to figure which two slots are served by the same charger. Or, maybe so?

I was there when the Tesla engineer was supposed to mark them but he was unable to access the transformer enclosure. Something about the key or code to get in wasn't working properly. He turns all the transformers off, turns one on, and does a continuity check on the chargers to see with ones share share that transformer and then slaps a label on the charger. Anyway, he said he would try to label them again the next time he was through there and probably be upgrading the transformers at the same time.

Was the Burlington labeling done by Tesla or independently by users?

Elmer's Woodburn

It is cool that Elmer's is right there. The owner is a Tesla fan.

The owner of Elmer's in NW Oregon was at Tesla Motors forums frequently well over a year ago. He was hanging out in the forums trying to figure out how to accommodate the new Model S.
At that time, we didn't even know enough to offer help of any substance because the cars were not out yet and there wasn't much charging info available.

He was looking into buying his own charging stations so that Tesla owners could charge at his restaurant. It looks like we are witnessing karma in action!
If only he could get one or two at his restaurant that is across the highway from PIR (Portland International Raceway), then we'd really have something!

Sorry but I can't help with superchargers in any other location. We are franchisees at the Woodburn and Salem stores. Delta Park is a corporate owned store. I will pass the request along.

~Eric

- - - Updated - - -

I really appreciate all of the photo's. I am in China right now and have been unable to follow construction. I haven't received any emails so I assume construction is progressing as planned.

Quick update.... I am currently in the Elmers parking lot and will post a few pics. Transformer is currently still not placed, and it sounds like the power of the entire area will have to be shut off in order for that to happen, so I assume this will happen late at night or very early morning some time. There is now a nice cedar fence surrounding the actual power systems, and the pics will show the SuperCharger stations being masked off in order to stain the fence. Looks like the Electricians at ADK have to be proficient at a number of trades. 8^)

SAM_0001.jpg
SAM_0003.jpg
SAM_0004.jpg
SAM_0008.jpg
SAM_0013.jpg
SAM_0014.jpg
SAM_0015.jpg

We were on a day trip yesterday and ended up in Woodburn to check it out. There were 2 guys working there but they did not have any info on when the chargers would be open for business.
Too bad they weren't open yet... we cut it a bit close getting back to the Centralia superchargers!!

WP_20130820_008.jpg

WP_20130820_041.jpg

BTW... does anyone know what the dashed yellow line on the speedometer means?

We were on a day trip yesterday and ended up in Woodburn to check it out. There were 2 guys working there but they did not have any info on when the chargers would be open for business.
Too bad they weren't open yet... we cut it a bit close getting back to the Centralia superchargers!!

Yes Sir, that was cutting it close.:eek: Being a former ≥1/4 tank ICE guy, I don't think I could handle that.

The dashed yellow line is the power use limit. There is also a dashed green line that appears when the battery is full or near full and is the regen limit.

Yes, that's the max power it will allow you to use (in order to squeeze out a little more range for you).
Similarly, if you did a max range charge there's a line in the regen area showing the limited regen capability (since you can't add any more charge to the battery). That one disappears after just a few miles.

Thanks for the replies explaining the dashed lines. For sure, cutting it close kept us awake while driving in the middle of the night ;-). The superchargers are awesome... Can't wait until Woodburn and others are ready, definitely makes roadtripping extremely easy.

Yes, that's the max power it will allow you to use (in order to squeeze out a little more range for you).
Note that this appears to be a software limit that isn't* strictly enforced. Similarly for the regen limit.

* By this I mean that I have REST data showing that I've exceeded the UI limit at times. Not by a ton, but by at least a few kW (regen) and more than 10 kW (consumption).

On my way back from California in my Roadster, I stopped by Tuesday evening to have a look. The paving crew was just finishing up for the day, so I did not invade their space, but took this wistful photo:

IMG_3057.JPG

Alas, only time my Roadster is ever likely to grace that parking lot. :crying:

BTW, based on the Burlington experience, I would guess we are still 2-3 weeks out from the ribbon-cutting. Those last steps of utility hook-up, inspection, and commissioning by Tesla seem to drag out ...