Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodburn, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Announcement:

I have heard from two independant sources that should 'be in a position to know' that the official ribbon cutting ceremony is currently scheduled for 10:00 am on Thursday, August 29th. No more detail at this time, but looks like by this time next week we will be able to go from Vancouver BC to south of Eugene via free Super Charging. For me, it will allow a trip to see the grandkids in the Tesla.

I have not heard anything regarding the next SC site. Let's all start a chant for 'Odenator the magnificent'. :wink:

Announcement:

I have heard from two independant sources that should 'be in a position to know' that the official ribbon cutting ceremony is currently scheduled for 10:00 am on Thursday, August 29th. No more detail at this time, but looks like by this time next week we will be able to go from Vancouver BC to south of Eugene via free Super Charging.
I obviously can't judge your ability to access "sources in a position to know", but given that the transformer still needs to be installed, power to the area cut, everything connected, inspected, tested...
I sure hope you are right, but I'm somewhat skeptical. Or is it "afraid to believe you"? :biggrin:

Edit: a little more looking shows that you seem to have very good inside sources at this site indeed. I guess I should apologize for my skepticism. 10am next Thursday. I'll be there and buy you a latte :)

Last edited:
On my way back from California in my Roadster, I stopped by Tuesday evening to have a look. The paving crew was just finishing up for the day, so I did not invade their space, but took this wistful photo:

View attachment 28921

Alas, only time my Roadster is ever likely to grace that parking lot. :crying:

BTW, based on the Burlington experience, I would guess we are still 2-3 weeks out from the ribbon-cutting. Those last steps of utility hook-up, inspection, and commissioning by Tesla seem to drag out ...

I love your yellow Roadster! Gorgeous.

I obviously can't judge your ability to access "sources in a position to know", but given that the transformer still needs to be installed, power to the area cut, everything connected, inspected, tested...
I sure hope you are right, but I'm somewhat skeptical. Or is it "afraid to believe you"? :biggrin:

Edit: a little more looking shows that you seem to have very good inside sources at this site indeed. I guess I should apologize for my skepticism. 10am next Thursday. I'll be there and buy you a latte :)

No problem with the skepticism. Frankly I was as well - and execution hiccups when installing the xformer, permits, etc can obviously still derail the 'plan of record'. Let's keep our fingers crossed that when we hit the 'lightning bolt' on the model s map app next Thursday, we get a ping at Woodburn....

No problem with the skepticism. Frankly I was as well - and execution hiccups when installing the xformer, permits, etc can obviously still derail the 'plan of record'. Let's keep our fingers crossed that when we hit the 'lightning bolt' on the model s map app next Thursday, we get a ping at Woodburn....
Well, it's on my calendar now and I'm planning to be there :)

Announcement:

I have heard from two independant sources that should 'be in a position to know' that the official ribbon cutting ceremony is currently scheduled for 10:00 am on Thursday, August 29th. No more detail at this time, but looks like by this time next week we will be able to go from Vancouver BC to south of Eugene via free Super Charging. For me, it will allow a trip to see the grandkids in the Tesla.

I have not heard anything regarding the next SC site. Let's all start a chant for 'Odenator the magnificent'. :wink:

Good eyes and ears, Frank. Thank you!

FYI, I was there last night and saw no changes... nothing on the slab on the north end of the plot, no pairing labels yet on the charging stations. But they do have a "phone number to call" label:

IMG_4774.JPG

I stopped by this evening on my way back from Portland. I didn't take any pictures because there was nothing new to show (no big green transformer box) but there was a PGW truck and employee there doing what looked to be some kind of inspection. She had a clipboard with a bunch of papers and was going in and out of the SC enclosure.

Also, I will be there on Thursday, probably with my kids and maybe with my wife. She may be shopping.

Thursday looks pretty official then! :wink:

Thanks for sharing Frankc!

Congrats Oregon!

I did some permit searching for sites further South in Oregon (Kudos to the great online permit system there in Oregon!) and couldn't find anything. Of course, I don't know if I did a very accurate search.

Cheers!