Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wytheville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wytheville OPEN!

Hooo-RAAAH! One more SC in the constellation is open. The location shows as active on Model S' nav system and Tesla Roadside Assistance telephone helpline confirmed at 5:00 pm on 30 Dec 2015 that the site is registering 100% and we t live at 10:00 am on the 30th. Rock ON down i-8-!!! I'll charge up on 31 Dec in the early hours and post photos and personal confirmation. Thanks again Lanny for starting this thread - what's next?

Just to confirm, I charged this morning at he new Wytheville SC. It's all good! Vroooooom...

Same, we go down to SC from Ohio and 77 is the quickest route. We need just 2 more chargers there to make it sensible. And I know that that Ohio to Florida route is hugely popular. Lots of people migrating south for winter and back again. In fact, I know several people that wouldnt consider a Tesla unless that 77 route was available to them.

BTW Mr Columbus, when are we getting lunch?

I'm in Coshocton. It's about an hour east of Columbus. I'm also not yet an owner. Looking to purchase sometime next year, but have been following Tesla for the past few years.

First Supercharge in the new year, at the brand-new Wytheville Supercharger.

image.jpeg

Reactions: PStewart
Now that Wytheville is open (and another very fast construction), which Virginia supercharger will be constructed next? I'm guessing Bristol, as Wytheville to Asheville is quite a hike (172 miles) with a large elevation climb on I-26. I hope Lanny is looking for permits!

I'd guess the Pinnacle shopping center where I-81 and US-11 intersect. The property straddles the TN / VA border. There is a Bass Pro, movie theater, CarMax, 20 or so stores and half a dozen restaurants. Would be absolutely perfect as far as location and amenities.

I checked in with the Tesla Supercharger people the other day, as we'll be going on a road trip on I-81 this summer and I'm very concerned about the Knoxville to Wytheville stretch. They said they are about to start construction in Bristol, and when I checked the Bristol government website, there were minutes from a city planning meeting in January where Tesla was approved to put a Supercharger in at the Pinnacle shopping center.

I checked in with the Tesla Supercharger people the other day, as we'll be going on a road trip on I-81 this summer and I'm very concerned about the Knoxville to Wytheville stretch. They said they are about to start construction in Bristol, and when I checked the Bristol government website, there were minutes from a city planning meeting in January where Tesla was approved to put a Supercharger in at the Pinnacle shopping center.
This is good news, however depending on which pack you have it's currently possible direct, at least in the summer. We just did it yesterday in a MX P90D, and we took a detour to pigeon forge.

With a 99% charge (246 rated) we drove 222.9 miles. On 81 we were cruising mostly at 70mph in the right lane, occasionally dropping to 65 for energy management, and an occasional burst to 80+ to pass. It was also lightly raining for about half the trip. We arrived with 7 rated miles.

This is really good news. I was just about to start inquiring about this SuperCharger location.

This is good news, however depending on which pack you have it's currently possible direct, at least in the summer. We just did it yesterday in a MX P90D, and we took a detour to pigeon forge.

With a 99% charge (246 rated) we drove 222.9 miles. On 81 we were cruising mostly at 70mph in the right lane, occasionally dropping to 65 for energy management, and an occasional burst to 80+ to pass. It was also lightly raining for about half the trip. We arrived with 7 rated miles.

That's great to hear! We have the MX75D, so I suspect we might be able to make it if we drive on the slow, careful side. But I would be glad not to have the stress.