Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wytheville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just looked at PlugShare to get the restaurant name near the charger but the Wytheville supercharger was missing from the map. What ????

After enabling all filters in the app the supercharger showed up but is listed as "Payment required." I'm not sure why someone would change this since the only superchargers that require money are located inside a parking garage although the charging part is still free.

A few months ago, I tried to suggest that PlugShare add some new superchargers that were being installed but they said they get a "feed" directly from Tesla that populates their maps for them and I've tried to edit a location and add a Supercharger but it is not permitted.

If this is still listed as "payment required" in a few days when I check again then I'll edit or let them know that it should be listed as "free."

upload_2018-2-14_11-39-46.png

upload_2018-2-14_11-42-43.png

I just looked at PlugShare to get the restaurant name near the charger but the Wytheville supercharger was missing from the map. What ????

After enabling all filters in the app the supercharger showed up but is listed as "Payment required." I'm not sure why someone would change this since the only superchargers that require money are located inside a parking garage although the charging part is still free.

A few months ago, I tried to suggest that PlugShare add some new superchargers that were being installed but they said they get a "feed" directly from Tesla that populates their maps for them and I've tried to edit a location and add a Supercharger but it is not permitted.

If this is still listed as "payment required" in a few days when I check again then I'll edit or let them know that it should be listed as "free."

View attachment 280328

View attachment 280329
It doesn't show up as payment required on my iOS version of PlugShare.

View attachment 280328

View attachment 280329
Your screen shows “may be required “. That is correct if you are driving a Model 3.

Your screen shows “may be required “. That is correct if you are driving a Model 3.

Then why does the first screenshot show every other supercharger in the area as "Free" (i.e. NO Payment Required)? If PlugShare wants to indicate it costs for Model 3 then all superchargers should have been updated at the same time with this -- not a single one. I guess that's my point.

Via Computer

Right, just what I was going to say. The description of payment may be required is correct.

Just like every sign everywhere that states, "Road may be icy." Yep, and it might NOT be icy.

Darren,
I'd go back and fiddle with your original filter settings as it may have been something else that excluded the site besides payment.

Actually, no need as I took a peek this morning at PlugShare on a browser and the Wytheville supercharger was back to being listed as "NO Payment Required" (which is what my default setting is on ... Superchargers or Tesla HPWC chargers and No Payment Required). So I changed nothing and it is back to being listed the way it was a week ago and earlier.

That, to me, means it wasn't a filter or setting on my side. It's sort of a moot point since I don't go to a supercharger with only the app on my phone but am in my car and it is listed on the in-car nav but if I were already en route to Wytheville and trying to look at route options on my phone I would have been a bit worried that it wasn't there or was not working. When all of the others were still listed as 'free' then I wouldn't have initially thought to enable the "Payment Required" filter to see a supercharger.

Just got here to find 3 cars plugged in but no power. One of those owner said power had been out since 2:30am.

I need to get to Charlotte and am kicking myself for not charging more at Mt. Hope. I’m currently on the J-1772 at the Nissan down the road.

Can’t imagine too many people are going o read this but maybe I can save someone a headache.

Tesla service person on the phone said she’d try to get it marked out of service on the nav.

Just got here to find 3 cars plugged in but no power. One of those owner said power had been out since 2:30am.

I need to get to Charlotte and am kicking myself for not charging more at Mt. Hope. I’m currently on the J-1772 at the Nissan down the road.

Can’t imagine too many people are going o read this but maybe I can save someone a headache.

Tesla service person on the phone said she’d try to get it marked out of service on the nav.

Adding it to PlugShare might help as well. Hopefully Tesla will note it as 'reduced power.'

I hope they have plans to expand this one. Six stalls on an interstate isn't enough with the added Model 3 demand (there were a few cars waiting when we arrived). Is there any truth to the rumors that the local Sheetz is installing chargers?

Attachments

• oKlKBTBZT8SSGMe3j0Mb1Q.jpg
    oKlKBTBZT8SSGMe3j0Mb1Q.jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: PStewart