Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep Holbrook and Kempsey a bit strange.
You'd certainly think they met the criteria and no other grants in any close distance.

The other interesting one for me is Eveleigh (Mirvac South Eveleigh site) which already has 2 free 50kW chargers, 2x dual 22kW AC and a Tesla Destination Charger.
I think this is the first time we've seen Tesla follow someone else into a site (and will be interesting to see if there is any requirement for the existing 50kW chargers to become billed)

It's also not a massive carpark - maybe 150-200 public spots.

Yep Holbrook and Kempsey a bit strange.
You'd certainly think they met the criteria and no other grants in any close distance.
Holbrook has a granted Ampol site. A four bay site. The pin for this seems incorrect. The address is listed as simple Albury St Holbrook. And the pin defaults to a non-specific location. There are two Ampol sites on Albury street though my money is on the new Ampol site just off the bypass.

A somewhat strange entry has appeared on the Tesla maps this morning as an operating Supercharger in Bowral, NSW.

There are however some inconsistencies (and it had never been spotted under construction), so more inclined to think it's a mistake for now.
The Centennial Vineyards site has also recently received some Destination Chargers.

The dot itself seems to line up to Heatherbrae Pies at Sutton Forest Southbound on the Hume.

FB_IMG_1668297973965.jpg

Discussion here

Last edited:
A somewhat strange entry has appeared on the Tesla maps this morning as an operating Supercharger in Bowral, NSW.

There are however some inconsistencies (and it had never been spotted under construction), so more inclined to think it's a mistake for now.
The Centennial Vineyards site has also recently received some Destination Chargers.

The dot itself seems to line up to Heatherbrae Pies at Sutton Forest Southbound on the Hume.

View attachment 874006

Discussion here
I’ll be going past on Wednesday so will take a look.

I’ll be going past on Wednesday so will take a look.
Screenshot_20221113-214848.png

Might I suggest you have two locations to visit. On the supercharger list it is listed at Bowral in the Centennial Vineyards yet on the map it is at Sutton Forrest listed on Sallys Corner Road with the pin on Heatherbrae Pies.

Also has there been any relevant chatter on the private facebook group? I do not have access to view.

View attachment 874084

Might I suggest you have two locations to visit. On the supercharger list it is listed at Bowral in the Centennial Vineyards yet on the map it is at Sutton Forrest listed on Sallys Corner Road with the pin on Heatherbrae Pies.

Also has there been any relevant chatter on the private facebook group? I do not have access to view.
Now listed as Centennial Vineyards in both locations, the list and the map, and the pin is now in the position of the vineyards. Listed as coming soon now also.

Also if you go to the map view and click on the new centennial vineyards pin and try out the follow directions it will use an address of 'Exeter NSW' of which googles default pin location without an address present is a pin around the heatherbrae pie shop location. So that partially explains the previous pin location. Not sure why they listed the address as Exeter when the vineyards is in Bowral.

Interesting. So still a maybe for a Supercharger then.

Would be somewhat surprised given the NSW Govt funding for the Tesla site at Marulan - this site is nowhere near as convenient to those on the Hume.
Plenty of people take scenic route detours to break up their highway journeys as well for use by Southern Highland locals and tourists. If this is in addition to Marulan and Campbelltown I think it creates a good mix.

I also see that a bunch of the newish 'billed' V3 destination chargers (Canberra Zoo, Brisbane Koala Park, Brae Restaurant) have been added to the map sometime recently. (Not however the Private apartment building sites in Sydney)

So the Centennial Vineyards destination chargers ones might also be billed.

Much like the superchargers you can't see rates from the online map, only in the car.

Much like the superchargers you can't see rates from the online map, only in the car.
I got excited the other day when I saw a black pin at Sutton Forest Evie location when looking for charging location in the in car system to see if it had Bowral. I then also noticed one in Picton as the NRMA location. I thought Tesla were adding all the third party charging locations. Then I also noticed it included my Mums and Brothers houses. So it actually just shows a black pin location for wherever you have charged previously. Did not know this before that you can see this in the in car map when listing chargers.

I got excited the other day when I saw a black pin at Sutton Forest Evie location when looking for charging location in the in car system to see if it had Bowral. I then also noticed one in Picton as the NRMA location. I thought Tesla were adding all the third party charging locations. Then I also noticed it included my Mums and Brothers houses. So it actually just shows a black pin location for wherever you have charged previously. Did not know this before that you can see this in the in car map when listing chargers.
Have you ever seen the message on-screen 'Plan your next charge' 'All known charging locations will be out of range soon'?

When you're far from superchargers, traveling for the first time, you get that a lot. It makes sense since Tesla doesn't guarantee real-time data on non-superchargers - you might need an RFID card, an account, a plug adapter, or something weird. The equipment might be faulty. There might be accessibility issues with certain really heavy cables. But if you've charged somewhere before, it'll remember that place & assume you can charge there again in the future, and it'll stop bugging you in that part of the country.

Just don't tell them about NRMA Mittagong :-D

Have you ever seen the message on-screen 'Plan your next charge' 'All known charging locations will be out of range soon'?

When you're far from superchargers, traveling for the first time, you get that a lot. It makes sense since Tesla doesn't guarantee real-time data on non-superchargers - you might need an RFID card, an account, a plug adapter, or something weird. The equipment might be faulty. There might be accessibility issues with certain really heavy cables. But if you've charged somewhere before, it'll remember that place & assume you can charge there again in the future, and it'll stop bugging you in that part of the country.

Just don't tell them about NRMA Mittagong :-D
I have seen that. I will have to pay more attention when I go the same way out of range when it occurs. I did think it was inconsistently applying the warning. So it was likely not inconsistently applying the warning, I just did not know the rules. I had thought that programming in the next charging destination might stop it if it thought that was as far as I was going but it I guess correctly warns me that that may be out of range to get back to anywhere.

I don't plan on using NRMA Mittagong from what I hear about it. NRMA chargers used to Adelaide and back all went smoothly though, when this dumb Tesla user remembered to hit the start button otherwise it errors out while you wait for the green light to flash, charges used; Parkes, West Wyalong, Hay, Balranald, Mildura, Berri; and return Berri, Mildura, Balranald, Hay, Narranderra, Temora, Young. Flood water anxiety was more of an issue. Could not take that route again presently.

Reactions: PC__LoadLetter

View attachment 874006

Discussion here
Visited Centennial Wines yesterday and whilst they have plenty of destination chargers, there are no signs of any construction in the car parks. I will go past Heatherbrae Pies on Sunday afternoon but not expecting anything there either.

• Helpful
Reactions: moa999 and RichardV