Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 983116
View attachment 983117
Not convinced from the photos there is any evidence of supercharger construction.

Would still also be looking at 'Bundaberg - Hinkler Central' as leaked last year and where the pin is currently.

Shade sails over parking rather than b- facial solar canopy's You can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: moa999
Great timing! I’ve just arrived at the Kalgoorlie Super Pit lookout and am heading to Broad Arrow (40 km north) straight after.

(Talking about those who want to do the collaborative voting, that is!)

Just had a quick look - Mildura and Rockhampton look like good options. Might swap out Leongatha for Mildura as the “Vic representative”. So that would make it:

- Port Wakefield (SA)
- Braidwood (NSW)
- Campbell Town (Tas)
- Mildura (Vic)
- Rockhampton (Qld)

How do these look?

Last edited:
I've always looked at the map of the south-eastern part of Australia, and have always noticed the huge gap in coverage in the Mildura/Riverina area.

Folks looking to do a trip along the Murray river or travelling west across that part of the country have slim pickings to choose from, so I would be very keen to see Mildura on a list, and receiving significant support.

IMO this gap stands out like a sore thumb, and eventually the wish list probably should expand to include:

- Swan Hill (224km to Mildura and 225km to Shepparton - both achievable on a single charge)
- Renmark (258km to Adelaide and 138km to Mildura - both achievable on a single charge)

If you end up building these, the next one on the wish-list to plug the gap would be Ouyen for those heading west and aiming for Keith/Adelaide Hills.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuq
Also only 1 site in South Korea, and a similar number of sites in Japan as Australia.

Not the first time Braidwood had been on the list. Think it got close before albeit that road is mostly used by Canberra residents who will typically start with a full battery.

Also wouldn't be surprised if some of the Western Melbourne sites get votes from people who don't read forums.

Both Qld Govt funded Rockhmapton sites are in shopping centres - Stockland and the bulky goods Primewest centre, so Id think Tesla, Evie and Engie but we can't tell which.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuq
I reckon Rockhampton will get up with QLD Government funding regardless of the vote.
Yeah, I suspect this as well… but we can’t be sure.

It’s also the only regional Qld option and I’m conscious that Queensland hasn’t had a winning site yet and the votes should be spread around between states.

I’ve updated the document to include Mildura and Rockhampton - Supercharger voting - call to action

What do people think?

(Also, I did notice that Orange was removed from the voting list. Either someone is listening to what most of us have been saying, that it’s a waste, or construction is underway/imminent)

Hmm I hadn’t cross checked the addresses… good point!

What would the next best option be? Swap in Nicholls? Leongatha? Victor Harbor?

Or maybe just list 4 options, and later through the quarter, see which other Aussie site is furthest ahead?

Last edited: