Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually similar ToU pricing with half price outside 9am-9pm seems to have been implemented at lots of sites.

Seemingly just those on the Hume/ Pacific Hwys

Doesn't include those just off like Kilmore and Wagga Wagga.

I'm assuming these price changes are temporary for the holiday period (Tesla has previously done similar in the US), so don't think worth including this on the Wiki for now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Trying to think of other former sled locations that might be necro'ed!

Horsham - they only removed it relatively recently and they've just added 12 bays at Stawell.
Bathurst - not a busy route
Euroa - site became the Chargefox ultra-rapid site.
Warrnambool - site hosted ended agreement

I'm not sure how many of these were active at once. I'm guessing Tesla Australia have at least 3 in their warehouse.

Last Friday before Christmas - typically one of the busiest driving days - and it looks like the work on the Hume Hwy Superchargers has paid off. The only full/queueing sites right now are Wangaratta and Euroa.

The Pacific Hwy isn't faring so well, though - all the chargers are queuing from the Central Coast to Gold Coast, with the exception of the 2-stall sled at the Big Banana that hasn't appeared in the car maps yet.

Last Friday before Christmas - typically one of the busiest driving days - and it looks like the work on the Hume Hwy Superchargers has paid off. The only full/queueing sites right now are Wangaratta and Euroa.

The Pacific Hwy isn't faring so well, though - all the chargers are queuing from the Central Coast to Gold Coast, with the exception of the 2-stall sled at the Big Banana that hasn't appeared in the car maps yet.

Keith SA - pinch point 23 Dec. Appreciate time of year but image below shows 40 minute wait driving MLB to ADL. Agree adding new Superchargers at Nhill (Vic) and / or Bordertown (SA) would give more flex and limit waiting times. Waiting at Horsham (Vic) for 20 minutes.

Confusion amongst waiting drivers if new Stawell (Vic) are currently active and running. Not showing in app. Can someone please confirm if Stawell operating?

Also only x1 Supercharger in Adelaide CBD. This is to service a population of 1 million people. I see more Teslas in ADL each time I visit. Adelaide needs to have more than 1 outlet other than in CBD. Let’s hope this is addressed to meet the ratio of new Teslas v’s charging locations in Adelaide. Where I live in Melbourne there are x4 Tesla stations within a 5km radius. Trust Tesla Australia read this forum 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_7934.jpeg
    IMG_7934.jpeg
    628.7 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Max Spaghetti
Confusion amongst waiting drivers if new Stawell (Vic) are currently active and running. Not showing in app. Can someone please confirm if Stawell operating?
The Supercharger - Stawell, VIC thread has at least one post from someone who successfully charged on Friday.

If it shows in the app as online, it's been commissioned. The car maps typically lag behind a little.

Keith SA - pinch point 23 Dec. Appreciate time of year but image below shows 40 minute wait driving MLB to ADL. Agree adding new Superchargers at Nhill (Vic) and / or Bordertown (SA) would give more flex and limit waiting times. Waiting at Horsham (Vic) for 20 minutes.

Also only x1 Supercharger in Adelaide CBD. This is to service a population of 1 million people. I see more Teslas in ADL each time I visit. Adelaide needs to have more than 1 outlet other than in CBD. Let’s hope this is addressed to meet the ratio of new Teslas v’s charging locations in Adelaide. Where I live in Melbourne there are x4 Tesla stations within a 5km radius. Trust Tesla Australia read this forum 🙂
Did you go to the chargers at the shell or were they busy as well. The chargefox chargers there are faster than the Tesla chargers