TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by lg_golfs, May 23, 2015.

1. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

Temecula would really be great.

Anything along the 210 between the RC and Oxnard SC? That is my personal issue. I cannot head to my coach and back without range issues. Both of those SC's are 20 miles beyond the location I head to.

2. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Burbank should work for you once it's open, which could be any time now.

3. Gregsbeach

Gregsbeach Member

Great work!

I am curious, if this will be completed in the next 3 months (2015), shouldn't there be some permits pulled or some type of pre-installation activity? Randy S.....can you comment on these?

It is great to see them putting this out there, but I have a hunch that 2015 means 2016 on these three dots......we will see

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  5. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll ever see zoom on those maps. I'm sure the difficulty of determining future locations is intentional.

• Like x 1
  6. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

• Informative x 1
  7. PrestigeMike

PrestigeMike Member

Can we charge at the Brea Mall? From what I thought it was for the "dealership" cars for the store inside.

8. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

How did you get the source JPEG for this map, and can you get this for future maps?

9. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

Yes and No.

The chargers are your standard 14-50 and are used for the cars that Tesla uses for test drives. However. You can call them and tell them you are in a pinch and they will usually be able to set something up for you. Woodland Hills did this for me once.

At night, security will shoo you away from charging your car there. At least that is what the Brea store told me.

10. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

Cottonwood helped me figure out how to find the higher resolution maps from TM's site. I looked at the current map and compared it to the 2016. I placed blue dots over most existing SC's, and black dots over clearly yet to be built SC's. I did not mark Redondo Beach, Hawthorne and Culver City, as they are too close together to discern. In counting all the future SC dots, and subtracting the knowns, I see a net gain of at least NINE supercharger's in the So Cal region. This does not include Fresno, Mammoth or Santa Barbara. Most of these appear to be in either the 405 or 5 corridor. 2016 SCs.jpg

11. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Reliable sources tell me that Temecula could be heating up. Keep your eyes open for something in Temecula...

12. David99

David99 Active Member

I'm not surprised at all. It's a great location with lots of through-traffic.

13. electricjed

electricjed Member

I'd be very happy with a SC in Temecula. I have been keeping my eyes open on the permits issued to try to pin point the possible location.
    On another note, the service center in San Diego stated that there is going to be a service center in Carlsbad. Unless any of you have heard otherwise I'd feel that a SC could be incorporated into that project much like the Burbank service center. The map showing future locations does show something coming in that general area. We'll see....

14. eclipxe

eclipxe Member

Would be great to see one in Temecula!

15. eclipxe

eclipxe Member

And Malibu....

16. emchen

emchen Member

Shoutout for a supercharger in Palmdale, in the Antelope Valley. A gateway to Los Angeles, it is the starting point for the planned L.A. to Vegas high speed train. State fwy 14 and 138 converge there. The neighboring city is Lancaster, home to BYD, the Chinese company that manufactures electric buses being piloted around cities within LAC and OC. Hyperloop will certainly have a station there as well when it takes off.

17. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Yep. Bunch of Tesla job postings for Carlsbad: Search for Jobs | Tesla Motors

18. kwang

kwang Member

Was at the Costa Mesa dealership today and talking to my owner's advisor, he said Tesla is setting up a SC station in Santa Ana. Any body else hear anything about it?!?

19. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for passing that on. By "owner's advisor" you mean a Tesla employee?
    I have not seen any posts about a possible Santa Ana Supercharger.
    p.s. That would be the Costa Mesa "Service Center". It's not a "dealership".

20. kwang

kwang Member

Hi ecarfan, the Costa Mesa dealership is up-the-street from the Costa Mesa Service Center (approx. 200 yards). The sales person's title there is "Owner Advisor".