Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great work!

I am curious, if this will be completed in the next 3 months (2015), shouldn't there be some permits pulled or some type of pre-installation activity? Randy S.....can you comment on these?

It is great to see them putting this out there, but I have a hunch that 2015 means 2016 on these three dots......we will see

Looking at the current, 2015 and the 50% blend of the 2015 overlayed on the current, it looks like there is one around Temecula, one around Mission valley, and one around Oceanside or Carlsbad.

That's some serious San Diego area coverage!

View attachment 95476View attachment 95477View attachment 95478

Can we charge at the Brea Mall? From what I thought it was for the "dealership" cars for the store inside.

Yes and No.

The chargers are your standard 14-50 and are used for the cars that Tesla uses for test drives. However. You can call them and tell them you are in a pinch and they will usually be able to set something up for you. Woodland Hills did this for me once.

At night, security will shoo you away from charging your car there. At least that is what the Brea store told me.

Cottonwood helped me figure out how to find the higher resolution maps from TM's site. I looked at the current map and compared it to the 2016. I placed blue dots over most existing SC's, and black dots over clearly yet to be built SC's. I did not mark Redondo Beach, Hawthorne and Culver City, as they are too close together to discern. In counting all the future SC dots, and subtracting the knowns, I see a net gain of at least NINE supercharger's in the So Cal region. This does not include Fresno, Mammoth or Santa Barbara. Most of these appear to be in either the 405 or 5 corridor.
2016 SCs.jpg

I'd be very happy with a SC in Temecula. I have been keeping my eyes open on the permits issued to try to pin point the possible location.
On another note, the service center in San Diego stated that there is going to be a service center in Carlsbad. Unless any of you have heard otherwise I'd feel that a SC could be incorporated into that project much like the Burbank service center. The map showing future locations does show something coming in that general area. We'll see....

Shoutout for a supercharger in Palmdale, in the Antelope Valley. A gateway to Los Angeles, it is the starting point for the planned L.A. to Vegas high speed train. State fwy 14 and 138 converge there. The neighboring city is Lancaster, home to BYD, the Chinese company that manufactures electric buses being piloted around cities within LAC and OC. Hyperloop will certainly have a station there as well when it takes off.

I'd be very happy with a SC in Temecula. I have been keeping my eyes open on the permits issued to try to pin point the possible location.
On another note, the service center in San Diego stated that there is going to be a service center in Carlsbad. Unless any of you have heard otherwise I'd feel that a SC could be incorporated into that project much like the Burbank service center. The map showing future locations does show something coming in that general area. We'll see....
Yep. Bunch of Tesla job postings for Carlsbad: Search for Jobs | Tesla Motors

Thanks for passing that on. By "owner's advisor" you mean a Tesla employee?
I have not seen any posts about a possible Santa Ana Supercharger.
p.s. That would be the Costa Mesa "Service Center". It's not a "dealership".

Hi ecarfan, the Costa Mesa dealership is up-the-street from the Costa Mesa Service Center (approx. 200 yards). The sales person's title there is "Owner Advisor".