Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need some help from the well-traveled community.
I'm planning a trip from Montreal to Comber to break the 200 mark.
It'll be my first foray across the border so can someone tell me what to expect with the car?
I've got a 5 year old car, so G3 network. Am I going to lose music and nav connectivity once I cross?
I've also got a Verizon iphone. Do I need to do anything special with Verizon before I cross?
Will I be roaming while in Canada?
Will the phone still be able to connect to the car?
Do I need to do anything special for car insurance?
Other advice, especially sights to see, appreciated and welcome.
Thanks - Bill

Reactions: Darren S
Day 28, the penultimate, and the last new Supercharger on this trip - Manchester, TN, bringing my total to 545. Darren can feel safe for now.

693 miles from the last new one (Nacogdoches). We'll be home tomorrow.

The outer bands of Florence are swirling around us in Wytheville, VA. It looks like a rainy start for tomorrow, but we should drive out of the rain as we head north.

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA and Darren S
It'll be my first foray across the border so can someone tell me what to expect with the car?
I've got a 5 year old car, so G3 network. Am I going to lose music and nav connectivity once I cross?
I've also got a Verizon iphone. Do I need to do anything special with Verizon before I cross?
Thanks - Bill
For me, being in Canada was like being in Wyoming, except there were more people. :)
My 3g worked fine in Canada, but others have had trouble.
Verizon - sign up for Travelpass. $5 per 24hr period. Put in airplane mode if you don't want to pay.
Phone connects to car (well, both connect to Tesla servers if they can connect to internet).
My insurance covers me in Canada - not Mexico. Check with your insurance company.
Other advice - no jokes with the guys at the border. We didn't exchange any money - used credit cards. Brush up on your Canadian. Enjoy!

Day 28, the penultimate, and the last new Supercharger on this trip - Manchester, TN, bringing my total to 545. Darren can feel safe for now.

693 miles from the last new one (Nacogdoches). We'll be home tomorrow.

The outer bands of Florence are swirling around us in Wytheville, VA. It looks like a rainy start for tomorrow, but we should drive out of the rain as we head north.
GREAT trip! Welcome home.

Who's Florence?

Thanks - Bill
On our 2013 Model S, we had no cell reception and therefore no Nav or streaming radio back in 2014 and 2015, but in 2016 and later in the new Model S, everything worked flawlessly. I don't know if it was the car, or a change in Tesla's agreements with the cell provider. I have no experience with Verizon in Canada. With AT&T we switch on an international roaming plan when we are in Canada. Your existing car insurance should cover Canada.

I highly recommend spending some time in Ottawa. It's a very nice 'smaller' city. The center is very walkable with lots of nice restaurants and they put on a great Sound and Light display at the parliament building, with fireworks. I don't know if it continues beyond the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: juliusa
@Half Dollar Bill
My 2013 loses connectivity within a mile of the border—plenty of folks with newer cars don’t. I had connectivity in Canada and Mexico with the 3. Agree about signing up for the Verizon Travel Pass and the car will text you the option of using your phone for $5/day when you cross. You’ll be on the Rogers network which isn’t roaming technically, I don’t think. I did not activate it going to Aulac in the 3 since it was just a 295 mile out and back plus there’s WiFi at the supercharger and I took the 3. You can populate the NAV maps using it as a hot spot, but you burn through the 1.5G (I think) allowance pretty quickly. Nice to have the option of music and maps, though without it the car will still navigate with a barren line despite having no signal. It’s weird to have no idea where you are though.

Insurance isn’t an issue though it’s a huge issue in Mexico. Border crossings have always been very pleasant. Quebecois have no interest in facilitating communication with English. The tow truck drivers often couldn’t anyway:) Keep Google Translate handy to decipher signage.

Thanks - Bill
I never had any real issues with the Nav in Canada, but my Model Ses were 2016 and 2018 so Bighorn's comments are more applicable to your situation.

Re: Verizon, on my last plan it was the $5/day thing that others have mentioned, but on my most recent contract (signed in January) Canada and Mexico are both FREE and it works automatically. I don't need to do anything to get it to work when I cross the border. If you are not sure about the details, you can just contact Verizon. I think the online live chat is probably the easiest way to get in contact with them. In either case, you are limited to a tiny amount of data (I think it's actually .5GB, not the 1.5GB that Bighorn claims, although his contract might be different than mine) before getting throttled, so don't watch any videos unless you want to get throttled right away. I've found that as long as I'm careful to not watch *any* videos, I usually make it through the day without getting throttled.

DUBLIN, OH !!! It was functional yesterday but isn't yet on the navigation map. I stopped by 'on the way home' from a NDEW event in Akron.

Sorry, @Bighorn, @PLUS EV, and @JSergeant

IMG_20180916_194827-691x518.jpg

IMG_20180916_195016-691x518.jpg

IMG_20180916_194342-691x518.jpg

IMG_20180916_194319-691x518.jpg

Reactions: Big Earl
DUBLIN, OH !!! It was functional yesterday but isn't yet on the navigation map. I stopped by 'on the way home' from a NDEW event in Akron.

Sorry, @Bighorn, @PLUS EV, and @JSergeant

View attachment 335584

View attachment 335585

View attachment 335586

View attachment 335587
Painful would have been if they turned it on in between my and Bighorn's visits. As long as you keep skipping superchargers like Nanaimo, I don't have to sweat it when you get one I don't have :)

Time to get to work on updating the Superchargers Visited spreadsheet :)

At least all 4 of us crazies did our road trips at the same time rather than one or two weeks apart so @JSergeant only needs to make one update to the map / spreadsheet instead of 4 times. How kind of us.

I should add that Thursday was my 2nd anniversary of driving Teslas and all total I have now driving 126k miles. I might have a sickness :)

Saturday was my 2 yr and 5 month anniversary and I hit 118,000 miles so I have some catching up to do.