Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that Teslas constantly try to send data to the mothership via AT&T wireless, I'm kinda surprised that Teslas aren't banned.

Not to mention the radio noise emitted by the drive units.

@DavidB, that's a valid question but with zero cell phone towers in the area (it seems) that means there is zero ability to communicate with the AT&T network. That's why I needed to do a bit more pre-planning since you can't just zoom around on the map on your phone or the nav screen and look for different roads or reroute somewhere because it is about a 2 hr black out of Internet while driving through that area (the route that I drove at least).

I clarified with the facility ahead of time if a Tesla would be allowed in their town before I made the visit (so I wouldn't have to backtrack 100 miles if I only had 50 miles of range). I think that limitation is in zone 1 which is the immediate area around the telescope and is strictly off-limits to the public. They have specific diesel vehicles and vans they use and in the background of one of those photos is this picture that shows a spark plug with a line through it.

IMG_20190622_153554__01.jpg

Coeur d'Alene ID
Superior MT
Missoula MT

Nice little side trip over Thompson Pass Idaho from Kingston ID to Thompson falls MT and back to I90 down MT135. Claypool/Lennon Delirium and Jim James concert.
Sheet updated
Was unaware of this new Les Claypool project! Will have to check it out. My friend's daughter has befriended Les via fan mail so with any luck I'll get to join her backstage at one of his shows. He is quite possibly the greatest bass player of all time :)

Reactions: GHammer and DavidB
@DavidB, that's a valid question but with zero cell phone towers in the area (it seems) that means there is zero ability to communicate with the AT&T network. That's why I needed to do a bit more pre-planning since you can't just zoom around on the map on your phone or the nav screen and look for different roads or reroute somewhere because it is about a 2 hr black out of Internet while driving through that area (the route that I drove at least).
The pro tip here is to stop at a place where the car still has a reception and zoom in on all the roads you plan on driving. When you drive through the area with no cell service, the Nav will "remember" the zoomed in maps and you will still be able to view them. This is easier said than done of course, because we are often caught off guard and unaware that a certain area will not have AT&T cell service.

The pro tip here is to stop at a place where the car still has a reception and zoom in on all the roads you plan on driving. When you drive through the area with no cell service, the Nav will "remember" the zoomed in maps and you will still be able to view them. This is easier said than done of course, because we are often caught off guard and unaware that a certain area will not have AT&T cell service.

Again, that's fine for a short section you think has low cell coverage but the area I was covering is too large for this tactic. Fortunately, if you plot the route ahead of time in Google Maps on your phone or perhaps Apple Maps or also via Waze then your phone seems to cache the route similar to the Nav screen and will still navigate by voice even if you have no Internet connection. That is, until you have to divert from your pre-planned route.

For example, the road that connected through that I was planning to take wound up turning from dirt into gravel and then into a dry creek bed that was only passable find an off-road vehicle such as this Razr. So I chose the next closest road that went over the mountain but 5 miles in it turned out to be a gravel road for the next 11 miles. By that time I didn't really have the additional range to go 30 or 40 miles out and around to avoid these roads so I just made an adventure out of it.

The straight line for the route in the middle of the picture is when it had no Internet connection and it just connected the two points where it had contact. It had some connection around Snowshoe but that information is in the wiki for The Quiet Zone definition and it is rather intriguing.

Screenshot_20190624-025640__01-810x1103.jpg

IMG_20190622_131233-691x518.jpg IMG_20190622_131250-518x691.jpg IMG_20190622_131319-518x691.jpg

IMG_20190622_141044-691x518.jpg IMG_20190622_141130-691x518.jpg

Thanks for the tableau map, I was able to spot a data entry error--I had listed that I visited the East Palo Alto Supercharger, but failed to enter the date in the database. Fixed.

Yesterday I used the Palm Springs, CA, supercharger. Interesting spot to reach. The pin on the map is rather accurate, but the chargers are in an underground parking lot, and the entrance is a block away--on N Museum Drive. The map indicates the chargers are on the 6th floor, but it is really a zone (Zone 6), not a floor.

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA and IT Geek
Or when most of day two was spent
Appreciated the significance of the Diesel only sign wrt to spark plugs, but was surprised that our cars don’t generate a similar degree of EMF. Did your headaches go away? :)

I was wearing a foil hat so I didn't have any headaches at the time.

Our cars probably do have quite a bit of radio noise coming from them but the immediate area around the telescope is a tightly-controlled Government restriction area so there is no chance in the world one of us can just casually drive up to the telescope.

United States National Radio Quiet Zone - Wikipedia

• Funny
Reactions: DavidB
Picked up a few new chargers this weekend and again, my tiny human (1 year, 3 months) cooperated with all the stop and go, in and out, and more-than-necessary hours in the car.

York, PA - 6/20/2019
Breezewood, PA - 6/20/2019
North Huntington, PA - 6/21/2019
Franklin Park, PA - 6/22/2019

You visited my local one this week (Franklin Park) and I will be stopping by the East Market / Center City one in a few days. Ha

Your info is updated. +4 to 127

Last edited:
Again, that's fine for a short section you think has low cell coverage but the area I was covering is too large for this tactic.
"Too large" is subjective here. It all depends on how much time and patience you have. As Bighorn says, he can "zoom and cache" his entire route through Canada.

No matter how long the route is, it's relatively easy to map it out, zoom in to desired level and then follow the path the whole way by "clicking and dragging" with your finger on the Nav. If you are not sure which route you will end up taking, you can do this with multiple routes. But yes, if you end up on some completely random road that you never intended to go down, this will not work. Perhaps this is what happened in your case. You are a braver man than I taking your Model S down roads that turn from dirt to gravel to dry creek beds. This is the stuff that "SOS: How to Survive" episodes are made of :)

Was unaware of this new Les Claypool project! Will have to check it out. My friend's daughter has befriended Les via fan mail so with any luck I'll get to join her backstage at one of his shows. He is quite possibly the greatest bass player of all time :)
It was an excellent show, Les's guitar playing is just indescribable, the tone, dexterity, speed, clarity is unrivaled as far as I can tell. A high point was them doing the psychedelic Beatles(Lennon) song, Tomorrow Never Knows.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Google Maps has a download feature that is the best option all the way around. Whenever I'm going to be on backroads in the boonies, I make sure to save the whole area for offline use in Google Maps. Works like a charm.