Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proof

upload_2018-4-26_16-24-40.png

It is a bit of an adventure, I did the Winnemucca to Bend OR leg last summer charging in McDermitt for an hour and then Burns for 4 hours. Both chargers were installed by the Boise Club. It's particularly (and beautifully) desolate after you leave US95 to head towards Burns, it's the only time my car has ever come up with the message "You are now out of range of all known chargers"
Yeah I've done that drive to Burns in the past and it was amazing. There were places where you could park on the side of the road, see for seemingly a hundred miles and not have a vehicle come by for over an hour. Truly stunning scenery. I guess it's state route 78 that I'm talking about. On this trip, I was surprised at how relatively busy 95 is but I guess it is a US Highway. There weren't many cars but lots of semis.

Believe it or not, I have family in both Burns and Riley. It's way too desolate for my taste but a good place to go if you want to check out of society lol.

Quick post-mortem on the Winnemucca to Baker City leg:

I arrived in Baker City with 49 Rated Miles to spare and I added about 80 Rated Miles in McDermitt. So had I driven normally I clearly would have come up short if I skipped McDermitt. After McDermitt however, I drove 5 over the speed limit (mostly 70mph speed limit) and used A/C. Also I left Winnemucca at 98%, not 100%. So had I waited a little longer in Winnemucca and then driven 60mph instead of 75mph most of the way, I think I would have made it but it would have been close. The total distance between those superchargers is 331 miles so that's pretty amazing. Like I've been saying, I'm very pleased with the range of the S100D.

@PLUS EV
I was looking at the overall standings and noticed that the anniversary of your first thread post is coming up. I don't know how long you were road tripping before your post, but you've racked up over 430 in just a year! That, sir, is a commitment - and I applaud the contributions you've made to the EV community in general by showing the way to other novice long distance travelers. It's been a really fun year and I appreciate the fun, competitiveness and knowledge that you've brought to the thread. I don't know what's in your future but I hope it's many more miles and superchargers.

What's the rule on unique superchargers?

Mt. Shasta is a perfect example.
There is the original one at the motel.
There is an expanded version across the street in a different lot.
The car and Tesla indicate only the old one, and there is no "Mt. Shasta #2", but I see PLUS EV in the top spot considered it one.

I'm on the fence.

What's the rule on unique superchargers?

Mt. Shasta is a perfect example.
There is the original one at the motel.
There is an expanded version across the street in a different lot.
The car and Tesla indicate only the old one, and there is no "Mt. Shasta #2", but I see PLUS EV in the top spot considered it one.

I'm on the fence.
I think we counted Shasta as 2 because they are different addresses. A technicality, I know, but couldn't come up with any better rule. Lone Tree, CO's 2nd location is much more different than Shasta's but they both have the same address since they are at the same mall. An even stranger one is Springfield, OR. I think the expanded supercharger location actually spans two addresses since some stalls are in the parking lot of one hotel and other stalls are in the parking lot of a different hotel. I think we've been counting that as only 1 supercharger location up to this point though.

@PLUS EV
I was looking at the overall standings and noticed that the anniversary of your first thread post is coming up. I don't know how long you were road tripping before your post, but you've racked up over 430 in just a year! That, sir, is a commitment - and I applaud the contributions you've made to the EV community in general by showing the way to other novice long distance travelers. It's been a really fun year and I appreciate the fun, competitiveness and knowledge that you've brought to the thread. I don't know what's in your future but I hope it's many more miles and superchargers.
Thanks Bill! And thanks especially for updating my list. I suppose I should learn how to edit the wiki lol.

I don't really remember how it all started, but I've always been in the habit of never driving the same road twice if possible, even in my ICE. Of course that's impractical for areas out west where I have been many times, but as an example, if I were driving Seattle to Vegas and back, I would typically take one route on the way there and a different route on the way back. When I got the Tesla I kind of liked checking out the different supercharger locations so that gave me even more motivation to travel in such a manner.

I had most of the west completed before I even discovered this thread. And the rest is history :)

Yes, it's been many superchargers in the last 12 months and keep in mind I was without a Tesla for 3 of those months. As of the moment the only thing in my future is a 113 mile leg to get home and sleep in my own bed for the first time in over a month!

Reactions: Darren S
I think we counted Shasta as 2 because they are different addresses. A technicality, I know, but couldn't come up with any better rule. Lone Tree, CO's 2nd location is much more different than Shasta's but they both have the same address since they are at the same mall. An even stranger one is Springfield, OR. I think the expanded supercharger location actually spans two addresses since some stalls are in the parking lot of one hotel and other stalls are in the parking lot of a different hotel. I think we've been counting that as only 1 supercharger location up to this point though.

I'd propose the "rule" be whether Tesla considers it one or two superchargers, that way we don't have to make our own rule?
So in that way, there is no Mt. Shasta #2.

Well, yes, there is. 111 Morgan Highway AND 134 Morgan Highway.
US Tesla Superchargers | Tesla

The summary of my details below are that I'd say that if Mt Shasta #1 has 1A/1B, ... 8A/8B and Mt Shasta #2 ALSO has 1A/1B ... 8A/8B that they are truly different locations no matter what their address is. What happens when one is at one end of a 1/2 mile long mall and the other is at the other end? They'd have unique stalls (both have 1A/1B, etc.) but use the same generic address for the mall. They should be counted as different locations because of the stall numbering regardless if the address is the same. I haven't been to Lone Tree or Springfield or Mt Shasta yet but would say the stall numbering might help break the tie or clarify an exemption.

I'm not so sure I agree with the rule that "different addresses means a different location" or maybe it has its own set of exemptions. In the official rule, it lists that Northbound/Southbound locations such as Milford, CT or Darien, CT are only counted as a single location. It doesn't specify is this is because they are the same address or to make it easier for the game as it isn't always easy to grab the charger heading in the opposite direction. For example, at Hooksett, NH when traveling NB it is a 12-mile trip to the next exit and back down to the SB location so making either one count as Hooksett is a great help but they are across the Turnpike from each other but have different addresses.

Similar thing wit the Darien, CT ones on the CT Turnpike so you don't end up doing an up-back-up loop to catch both of them. THESE are separated by 2-1/2 miles AND have separate addresses yet are considered the same location, probably for ease of travel on a limited-access road, so in this case the "different address" doesn't mean it is a separate location.

The Milford charger at CT Post Mall is a mere 1.9 miles from the Milford NB/SB locations on the CT Turnpike. That one is CLOSER to the Milford Turnpike pair (1.9 miles) than the "doublet" Darien location separation (2.5 miles) yet the CT Post Mall one is considered a separate location because it really is in a completely separate location and it also has a separate address.

Lastly, the Milford (NB) charger had 2 stalls and they were 2A and 2B. What? Not 1A and 2A or 1A and 1B? Nope. WHY is that? Because 1A and 1B are across the Turnpike at the SB location. This definitely means they are "together" although I forgot to look if there were transformers and such at each Rest Stop location and they just labeled that way for ease or if they actually did run the power cables under the Turnpike (which wouldn't seem to make sense).

The Darien, CT locations are the same way (NB is 1A/1B and 2A/2B while SB is 3A/3B and 4A/4B). These are separated by 2.5 miles and definitely don't have power cables connecting them but because the stall numbering continues at the next site then they are considered the same location.

This idea will backfire if there are 60 charger stalls in a single lot and broken into three sets of 20 charger stalls so there are three each of 1A, three each of 1B, etc. even though they are all in the same area of a single parking lot of a mall. Again, that one would be an exception but I bet those will be rare.

Reactions: Big Earl
Does anyone know why the Montreal, QB Service Center supercharger doesn't show up on the Nav screen? It shows up on both PlugShare and supercharge.info. Attached is a current photo of the Nav screen and comparing it to supercharge.info. The Service Center location shows up on A Better Route Planner but not on EV Trip Planner.

On my recent trip through eastern Canada, I ended up missing this one because I was using the car's Nav locations. Fortunately, I ended up having to backtrack from Quebec City back through Montreal for the return trip (instead of staying on a new path and hitting the top of Maine before returning) so I was able to stop at the Service Center on the 2nd time through Montreal.

Does anyone else have it listed on their Nav screen? Only 1 of the 2 stalls work so it made it a bit more challenging to politely ask and wait for the person to move from the lone working stall. There were no PlugShare check-ins here since the end of Dec but nothing indicated that only 1 of them was working. Part of the thrill and excitement of visiting new locations.

Montreal_QB.jpg

My guess with the Montreal situation was that they added the supercharger at the service centre first (in 2015), but then when they built the 12-stall supercharger only a couple miles away (in 2016), they took the service centre supercharger off of the Nav so as to discourage people from using it. As being only 2 stalls (and apparently now just 1 functioning stall), you really are just needlessly getting in the way of the service centre activities by charging there, when you could just drive down the road and easily charge at a much bigger location.

BTW I believe they no longer list the supercharger at the service center in Burbank, CA in the Nav either. I assume the reason is that they built a 20-stall supercharger at a nearby mall and want people to use that instead. I was at the Burbank service center during business hours once and it really was a zoo. There was an employee there just to direct the cars in and out of the supercharger stalls and some of the stalls were no doubt occupied by vehicles being serviced.

Reactions: Big Earl
My guess with the Montreal situation was that they added the supercharger at the service centre first (in 2015), but then when they built the 12-stall supercharger only a couple miles away (in 2016), they took the service centre supercharger off of the Nav so as to discourage people from using it. As being only 2 stalls (and apparently now just 1 functioning stall), you really are just needlessly getting in the way of the service centre activities by charging there, when you could just drive down the road and easily charge at a much bigger location.

Well it NEARLY cost me a 600-mile mistake (the distance from me to Montreal) so I'm very glad that I spotted it on one of the other maps before leaving the area. It DID mean that I got to experience the super-gnarly Construction zone traffic 3 times heading through their town and twice at quitting time on a weekday.

I'm not sure why they would remove any publicly-accessible supercharger from a map when that is the sole source of 'fuel.' I feel it would be better to list it as maybe 1 stall available or "limited availability" or something like that. The Service Center in Blue Ash / Cincy has 8 stalls and don't think it will ever be removed from the map but who knows.

And in Montreal, if it is 7 PM on a Monday or Tuesday, then the Mall where the supercharger is located is closed as of 6 PM so if I were in the area needed a charge I would definitely go to the Service Center as it is open until 8 PM. There would be a MUCH better chance of finding an available Bathroom. Then, upon getting there, a car might be at the supercharger and the owner isn't around as it is there for Service or maybe a truck is blocking the only working stall and I'd have to go back across town to the location at a closed Mall. I just don't see a case why they should remove available chargers from the vehicle's Nav screen. Remove it from PlugShare if they want or mark it as "Restricted Access" but removing it from the Nav is a little mischievous. It isn't like it is a Cleveland Service Center setup with the supercharger inside the Service area. So the "just drive a few miles away to the larger location" isn't always the best course of action. I needed to visit it to add it to the list so it was sort of moot but in a real world scenario I would choose the location based on what was open at or around it vs another location.

Is this Montreal location one of the exceptions for the list then? As in, it should NOT count? Or it SHOULD count? It doesn't appear on the vehicle's Nav and isn't listed on Tesla's website? The Tesla website lists both Mt Shasta locations but only the non-Service Center location in Burbank and the non-Service Center location in Montreal. So is there a consensus that all stations on the Tesla site are on the official list? Or all possible stations from all collective sites (Tesla, supercharge, PlugShare, ABRP, EV Trip Planner, Google, etc.) are on the official list? Or only stations listed on the vehicle's Nav are on the official list?

I haven't planned a trip through Burbank but will keep this in mind that I might need to hit a phantom supercharger location as I don't want to grab all of the L.A. ones and miss one that I passed twice.