Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was day dreaming on a recent long drive and thought of a bucket list that might interest some of this group's members...

Many of us have been to all 50 states, or at least all of the contiguous 48 states, but how many unique state borders have you crossed? For example, WA shares a border with OR and ID. So if you have crossed the WA/OR and WA/ID borders, you have effectively "cleared" WA. Then you move on to the next state and so on and so forth.

For the purpose of this contest, I am not counting borders with Canadian provinces or Mexican states, only borders between two US states. I am also not counting marine borders such as NY/RI and MI/MN (but big tip of the cap to anyone who can pull those off!). I do count water borders that are served by bridges such as NJ/DE.

I haven't even added up how many unique borders there are, but the average state seems to border about 4 other states, so that would be 4*50/2 = 100 or so. You have to divide by two so as not to double count the same border.

In my case, it looks like I'm only missing 4 borders so on one of my future trips, I will probably make it a point to knock these out. (I did the same a couple years ago when I realized I had been to all but 4 state capitals). The highest degree of difficulty for me in a Tesla will be the MT/SD border which is the only one I am missing out west. I believe both @Big Earl and @Bighorn have crossed this border in a Tesla so I know it's possible!

I am also missing MO/KY and MO/TN. I have actually been to the MO/KY/IL tri-point at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers (this is also the lowest point in Illinois!), but I never crossed so I can't count it for MO/KY. These two should be fairly easy since there are a lot of highways and superchargers in the area. The reason I haven't crossed is because the borders are small and the interstates route you to other border crossings. The 4th one I have not crossed is GA/NC. I was very close to this border when I hit the GA, SC, and NC high points but alas I didn't cross it so I'll have to go back to the area!

Speaking of high pointing, it, along with tri-pointing, have helped me knock out a few of these borders that I otherwise would have missed. For example, the DE high point is very close to the PA border and I probably never would have crossed that border had I not summited Ebright Azimuth. The OK/NM and OK/CO borders are also quite obscure, but the OK high point is Black Mesa which goes into all 3 states. I actually walked across the OK/NM border atop the mesa after hiking to the OK high point. After the hike I drove to the OK/NM/CO tri-point which was nearby. Tri-pointing might be the nerdiest of all the bucket lists, but it's pretty fun! I haven't gotten way into it yet and I've only been to a few. I'm starting to think I might need a Cybertruck to chase down a lot of the others. It looks like most of the ones on land are marked, but they are often down rough dirt roads or even just farm paths.

I was day dreaming on a recent long drive and thought of a bucket list that might interest some of this group's members...

Many of us have been to all 50 states, or at least all of the contiguous 48 states, but how many unique state borders have you crossed? For example, WA shares a border with OR and ID. So if you have crossed the WA/OR and WA/ID borders, you have effectively "cleared" WA. Then you move on to the next state and so on and so forth.

For the purpose of this contest, I am not counting borders with Canadian provinces or Mexican states, only borders between two US states. I am also not counting marine borders such as NY/RI and MI/MN (but big tip of the cap to anyone who can pull those off!). I do count water borders that are served by bridges such as NJ/DE.

I haven't even added up how many unique borders there are, but the average state seems to border about 4 other states, so that would be 4*50/2 = 100 or so. You have to divide by two so as not to double count the same border.

In my case, it looks like I'm only missing 4 borders so on one of my future trips, I will probably make it a point to knock these out. (I did the same a couple years ago when I realized I had been to all but 4 state capitals). The highest degree of difficulty for me in a Tesla will be the MT/SD border which is the only one I am missing out west. I believe both @Big Earl and @Bighorn have crossed this border in a Tesla so I know it's possible!

I am also missing MO/KY and MO/TN. I have actually been to the MO/KY/IL tri-point at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers (this is also the lowest point in Illinois!), but I never crossed so I can't count it for MO/KY. These two should be fairly easy since there are a lot of highways and superchargers in the area. The reason I haven't crossed is because the borders are small and the interstates route you to other border crossings. The 4th one I have not crossed is GA/NC. I was very close to this border when I hit the GA, SC, and NC high points but alas I didn't cross it so I'll have to go back to the area!
e
Speaking of high pointing, it, along with tri-pointing, have helped me knock out a few of these borders that I otherwise would have missed. For example, the DE high point is very close to the PA border and I probably never would have crossed that border had I not summited Ebright Azimuth. The OK/NM and OK/CO borders are also quite obscure, but the OK high point is Black Mesa which goes into all 3 states. I actually walked across the OK/NM border atop the mesa after hiking to the OK high point. After the hike I drove to the OK/NM/CO tri-point which was nearby. Tri-pointing might be the nerdiest of all the bucket lists, but it's pretty fun! I haven't gotten way into it yet and I've only been to a few. I'm starting to think I might need a Cybertruck to chase down a lot of the others. It looks like most of the ones on land are marked, but they are often down rough dirt roads or even just farm paths.
Fascinating thoughts for traveling objectives/lists.
Having just finished a trip several weeks ago during which we crossed the MO/IL bridge over the Mississippi River, then immediately crossed the IL/KY bridge over the Ohio River (tip of Illinois/Cairo, IL), this area is fresh in my mind. I just looked again at google maps.
There are no bridges over the MS River between MO and KY that I can see. The map showed one ferry.
Interestingly, the map shows a sliver of KY to the west of the Mississippi, probably due to the river changing it's course over time. On that sliver there appears to be one road crossing the MO/KY line.
I'm impressed that you have records such that you can check on each border crossing.
I have enough difficulty at times convincing my wife to drive crazy routes to hit superchargers. I'm not sure I would mention unique state border pairs instead of just happening to hit some.

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: NKYTA and PLUS EV

> The highest degree of difficulty for me in a Tesla will be the MT/SD border which is the only one I am missing out west.

Great idea! This shouldn't be too hard, @PLUS EV, and it's just a short hop from Spearfish. I didn't cross that border but easily could have so will note it for next time. On that leg, I needed to make it ~300 miles on ~270 miles of range to Dickinson (pre-supercharger days and right after my last SoS event) so I tried not to do any detours along the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-165209__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-165209__01.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: PLUS EV
I didn't verify this list but it indicates 109 distinct US State borders, The State Border Data Set.

For NY, it only lists VT and PA so it seems as though it is also excluding marine borders such as NY-RI as you suggested.

I have my Teslafi map so I'll have to add them up but I'm missing a good number of the borders across the Midwest in the north-south direction so I'll have to get on that as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
I didn't verify this list but it indicates 109 distinct US State borders, The State Border Data Set.

For NY, it only lists VT and PA so it seems as though it is also excluding marine borders such as NY-RI as you suggested.

I have my Teslafi map so I'll have to add them up but I'm missing a good number of the borders across the Midwest in the north-south direction so I'll have to get on that as well.
NY has a few other borders though!

> The highest degree of difficulty for me in a Tesla will be the MT/SD border which is the only one I am missing out west.

Great idea! This shouldn't be too hard, @PLUS EV, and it's just a short hop from Spearfish. I didn't cross that border but easily could have so will note it for next time. On that leg, I needed to make it ~300 miles on ~270 miles of range to Dickinson (pre-supercharger days and right after my last SoS event) so I tried not to do any detours along the way.
Now that I look at your map, I see that US highway goes through the corner of WY so I guess Big Earl and Bighorn didn’t cross that MT/SD border.

Fascinating thoughts for traveling objectives/lists.
Having just finished a trip several weeks ago during which we crossed the MO/IL bridge over the Mississippi River, then immediately crossed the IL/KY bridge over the Ohio River (tip of Illinois/Cairo, IL), this area is fresh in my mind. I just looked again at google maps.
There are no bridges over the MS River between MO and KY that I can see. The map showed one ferry.
Interestingly, the map shows a sliver of KY to the west of the Mississippi, probably due to the river changing it's course over time. On that sliver there appears to be one road crossing the MO/KY line.
I'm impressed that you have records such that you can check on each border crossing.
I have enough difficulty at times convincing my wife to drive crazy routes to hit superchargers. I'm not sure I would mention unique state border pairs instead of just happening to hit some.
Interesting about MO/KY. I guess I will seek out that patch of KY west of the Mississippi. Kind of feels like cheating though. Like driving to Nunavut (any island off the Quebec coast in the Hudson Bay).

Also, my record keeping isn’t good at all but I do have a good memory :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SilverMonk
Interesting about MO/KY. I guess I will seek out that patch of KY west of the Mississippi. Kind of feels like cheating though. Like driving to Nunavut (any island off the Quebec coast in the Hudson Bay).

Also, my record keeping isn’t good at all but I do have a good memory :)
@PLUS EV , I must have too much time on my hands.
I just spent the last hour or so marking up a U.S. map.
I am surprised that I have crossed 75 of the 109 borders. There are still 4 states in continental U.S. I haven't been to with 11 borders. (WA, OR, MS, LA)
I have a feeling that I might find myself on future trips taking slightly odd routes to catch one of the borders I have missed. Thanks for the thought.
I don't think I will get in on the YMCA competition, though. (@Bighorn )

I agree with that list, but the 109 does include both DC borders and the two single point borders at Four Corners (NM/UT and AZ/CO). So the total number is either 105, 107, or 109 depending on which ones you include. Or even 111 if you want to count MI/MN and NY/RI (not sure if there are any other marine borders, but I can't think of any).

I just remembered another one I haven't crossed: AR/MS, so that's 5 I'm missing. And it means I've crossed either 100, 102, or 104 depending on how you deal with DC and Four Corners.

OOPS. I was looking at my listing in Supercharger.life and found a mistake. We charged at Menomonie WI on 7/14/22, not Menomonee Falls WI.
I'm not sure how to change it. Assistance please!
For self-service, you can go to your check-in history and delete the incorrect check-in. After that, create a new check-in and backdate it to the correct date.

Let us know if you still need help.

• Helpful
Reactions: Darren S and E-GAL
Back to MIch-again.

I’ll need to get creative to meet my old friends who are camping in N WI. Given the dearth of SCs and a forced early night here (I don’t risk driving N MN, WI or MI at night unless on an Interstate - deer are a real problem, and have been a real problem well before Tesla and this game), it looks like an early Wed arrival.

Check-ins for 2022-07-26
- Rolling Prairie - Wilbur Shaw Travel Plaza, IN (#1322)
- Benton Harbor, MI (#1323)
- Portage - Westnedge Ave, MI (#1324)
- Hudsonville, MI (#1325)
- Mackinaw City, MI (#1326)
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI (#1327)

Back to MIch-again.

I’ll need to get creative to meet my old friends who are camping in N WI. Given the dearth of SCs and a forced early night here (I don’t risk driving N MN, WI or MI at night unless on an Interstate - deer are a real problem, and have been a real problem well before Tesla and this game), it looks like an early Wed arrival.

Check-ins for 2022-07-26
- Rolling Prairie - Wilbur Shaw Travel Plaza, IN (#1322)
- Benton Harbor, MI (#1323)
- Portage - Westnedge Ave, MI (#1324)
- Hudsonville, MI (#1325)
- Mackinaw City, MI (#1326)
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI (#1327)
You can get in on the water border crossing battle if you jaunt down to Ludington. :)