Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice @JSergeant !! The 500s are getting crowded. Time for someone to break out into the 600s. And time for @NKYTA to occupy the vacant 400s. Once @NKYTA does that, I'll get motivated to occupy the 300s. :)

I was trying to remember when the last time the top 3 or 4 were within the same "100" range but I think it has been quite a while.

There aren't many more than what @Bighorn and @PLUS EV have visited and those top dogs won't be adding another 100 anytime soon so this is your chance to climb up to the 500s, @tes-s. :cool:

One more, and fifth counts, and a different address counts.

I actually prefer the logic that @Darren S has for whether or not to count SC's that are on top of each other. I drove back to Madison to get the new one that was there because that one was miles away from the original...so it should count. But if the new one is in the same shopping mall as the old one then to me, that's also the same location and should not be considered as a new one no matter when it was built.

But whatever... I'm "playing against the course" anyway. So I'll accept whatever becomes the consensus.

Reactions: Darren S
I actually prefer the logic that @Darren S has for whether or not to count SC's that are on top of each other. I drove back to Madison to get the new one that was there because that one was miles away from the original...so it should count. But if the new one is in the same shopping mall as the old one then to me, that's also the same location and should not be considered as a new one no matter when it was built.

But whatever... I'm "playing against the course" anyway. So I'll accept whatever becomes the consensus.
That's basically what we agreed on, but that's not exactly what Darren is suggesting. He doesn't want to count Mount Shasta as separate locations even though they were built at different times and across the street from each other with different addresses and different property owners, etc. I disagree with him on Shasta. But yes, we all agreed that Lone Tree would only be one locations since they just decided to build a bigger supercharger at the same mall.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bighorn and NKYTA
That's basically what we agreed on, but that's not exactly what Darren is suggesting. He doesn't want to count Mount Shasta as separate locations even though they were built at different times and across the street from each other with different addresses and different property owners, etc. I disagree with him on Shasta. But yes, we all agreed that Lone Tree would only be one locations since they just decided to build a bigger supercharger at the same mall.
Another small factor is that the original Lone Tree locations was always meant to be temporary; Tesla even listed it as the "temporary Lone Tree" site. And it was built out of temporary SC units. And it was dismantled a fairly short time after the permanent site was activated.

I personally am in favor of granting SC-hood on any location that has (or had) its own dot on the car display. This takes all the pressure off the "supreme court", but unfortunately is substantially different from the slowly gelling consensus. It would mean that N-S pairs count as two, and that sites that just moved across the parking lot count as two, especially if at any time both were in operation simultaneously. Of course, sites that no longer exist still get to be claimed by the "early adopters". I'm not going to forget my landing at Chicago Meigs field even though the mayor bulldozed the runway, and I'm keeping my visit to Bethesda even though it's been long closed, and due to be replaced by Bethesda East and West, which I in to claim claim both of some fine day. (Uh oh, the supreme court deputies are knocking at my front door.)

Reactions: Big Earl and Owner
No opinions on voting, but I like @Darrens suggestions to get more people involved down the list to encourage new contenders.

I’ve not yet been to Lone Tree #2, and never planned to go, because that one seems an obvious dup.
Maybe we’ll (but certainly 51% of I) trundle up to Mt Shasta on Sunday. All I’ve got to work with for a while is long weekends. And basically that’s a small western loop that might have to include LA, ugh. Just to get to 400.

It sure was nice to have a BSI > 11, but what would/will we call it when others grab the lead? EVPSI, JSSI, DSI. That latter sounds sinister! ;)

BSI, Bighorn Supercharger Index. Your unique SCs div his unique SCs x 11, just because it goes to 11!
Almost a month I had a BSI > 11. Happy month.

:maracas emoji:

Reactions: Darren S
@evp, I’ve been to a few places that had actual temporary SCs brought in by flatbed and wired in.

Barstow was pretty important, oh so many years ago; otherwise couldn’t make Vegas from just about anywhere in CA. Harris Ranch had four, and I seem to think there were a couple sites well East earlyish on...

Anyone feel free to join in the discussion as I'm enjoying learning about other areas from folks and trying to have some general guidelines for future locations we don't yet know about that might be similar to existing locations to be counted separately or as the same location.

I actually prefer the logic that @Darren S has for whether or not to count SC's that are on top of each other. I drove back to Madison to get the new one that was there because that one was miles away from the original...so it should count. But if the new one is in the same shopping mall as the old one then to me, that's also the same location and should not be considered as a new one no matter when it was built. <snip>

Thanks, @IT Geek, but that was just an early notion that I threw out there for discussion and it is good to hear the argument from others that Mt Shasta should be counted as 2 separate locations. I feel that my point is valid but I can see how the other side has a valid argument as well. I just can't wait until Madison, WI or Guilderland, NY builds another charger 435 ft from the first one at the same Mall AND gives it a different address as well as its own dot on the Nav to see if others agree the second location should be counted separately. Until that happens, Mt Shasta is a unique situation all to itself but could have already set a precedence for similar locations in the future.

Another small factor is that the original Lone Tree locations was always meant to be temporary; Tesla even listed it as the "temporary Lone Tree" site. And it was built out of temporary SC units. And it was dismantled a fairly short time after the permanent site was activated.

I personally am in favor of granting SC-hood on any location that has (or had) its own dot on the car display. This takes all the pressure off the "supreme court", but unfortunately is substantially different from the slowly gelling consensus. It would mean that N-S pairs count as two, and that sites that just moved across the parking lot count as two, especially if at any time both were in operation simultaneously.

I'm more than happy to concede and count Mt Shasta as 2 separate locations since they have 2 separate addresses and are a separate entry on the official Tesla map / listing / nav screen but if that is the case then the "doublet" locations on the New England Turnpikes (Darien, Greenwich, Hooksett, etc.) should all be counted as individual locations as well instead of as a single location. I realize the Turnpike pairs have always been considered to be a single location but if they are following the Mt Shasta rule then they should be separate locations.

The only difference they have to Mt Shasta is that the Turnpike pairs were built and opened at more or less the same time. Although that is true, I don't see what that has to do with counting them as a single location or separately. I don't know if the second Mt Shasta location was supposed to be installed 1/2 mile away at the same time as the first one and it had to be moved or had to wait on a permit to build it and that's why it took 4+ yrs to open. I don't know that they WEREN'T supposed to open at the same time (like the Turnpike pairs) so isn't it unfair to say the Turnpike pairs shouldn't be counted as individual locations?

Of course, sites that no longer exist still get to be claimed by the "early adopters". I'm not going to forget my landing at Chicago Meigs field even though the mayor bulldozed the runway, and I'm keeping my visit to Bethesda even though it's been long closed, and due to be replaced by Bethesda East and West, which I in to claim claim both of some fine day. (Uh oh, the supreme court deputies are knocking at my front door.)

Absolutely those old sites count and is part of the fun of getting an early start to visiting superchargers. I myself have the original Aurora, IL location but I think that's the only one that is no longer open. Yes, Bethesda East/West will finally be the closest thing to another Mt Shasta. At the moment, they both have the same address (7101 Democracy Blvd) but I wonder if that will change when they are open. I would suggest another idea of using the GPS coordinates instead of the Street address. Bethesda is a perfect example. They could likely have the same address of the Mall but will be farther apart than Mt Shasta.

This Bethesda East/West locations look to be at least 1/4 mile direct line from each other or about 1/2 mile driving distance from each other. Per the combined Mt Shasta and Lone Tree ideas, the Bethesda locations should be counted separately. They will be at the same mall which per Lone Tree means they'd only count as a single location; however, like Mt Shasta, they will have different GPS coordinates and hopefully different Street addresses (although I'd still lean toward using GPS locations instead) which means they'd count as separate locations. Time will tell when they are open and if it is an easy decision or one that should have additional discussions.

No opinions on voting, but I like @Darrens suggestions to get more people involved down the list to encourage new contenders. <snip> It sure was nice to have a BSI > 11, but what would/will we call it when others grab the lead? EVPSI, JSSI, DSI. That latter sounds sinister! ;)

BSI, Bighorn Supercharger Index. Your unique SCs div his unique SCs x 11, just because it goes to 11!
Almost a month I had a BSI > 11. Happy month.

:maracas emoji:

Neat and how fun but it would take a ton more time to calculate that for each person.

I like the "Odometer to Supercharger count" metric. I started this game late (Dec 2017, ~60k miles, and 135 locations) but am at 107k miles and 509 locations now or an average of 210 miles per new location. It's even more fun using Dec 2017 as "zero hour" and in 8 months I've gone 47k miles and hit 374 new locations or an average of 125 miles per new location.

I have an advantage because I started late and haven't made as many trips around the country as others but Bighorn is at ~200k miles and 590 locations so he has an average of 340 miles per new location. If only someone was able to edit the list so it would auto-calculate things such as that when you enter your odometer after adding your new locations so it would display automatically.

I also just enjoy getting to different parts of the country I normally wouldn't visit and sometimes it isn't even to visit a new supercharger so I'm having a blast getting a chance to do both sometimes.

Reactions: Big Earl
Time IS a factor.

If you hit Cleveland SvC before it was shut before a gate was installed (after hours) it counts. I missed, Sunday.

If they build an SC one mile up the road from EastTowne Mall in Madison, 4 years later at a different property, it should count. No brainier, diff property. TM failed at that initial location, I refer you to PD.

And here is the question, if the Denver mall location, (that I hit when it was trucked in on blocks, versus when they actually had wired SCs (2) versus now, where there is both wired close to the mall, and wired outside the mall) by TIME (see Cleveland, that I missed, not open)? I would argue that I could count three.

I’m a big @Darren S fan, but I disagree. Give those of us too early to the party a bit of cred.

Still waiting on @JSergeant to chime in a bit more.

I’m cheering all you on, and especially Darren as the up and comer!

@tes-s and I should be plotting a takeover, but I’m guessing my schedule is the problem.

• I like the "Odometer to Supercharger count" metric
You will until you won’t. :D

With the @Bighorn now in a P3D...it’s not the car, it’s the driver.

I probably would fair favorably with only 87k+ miles.

Ha, true, and someone who has 30 superchargers under their belt with just 2,000 miles on the vehicle is world's ahead of me in that metric. You are definitely doing well with only 87k, but, most of your missing ones are on the other side of the country so good luck keeping up your metric.

And yep, for those who use more than one vehicle just need to keep a total tally of distances they've driven in any vehicle so 200,000 + ?,000 for Bighorn. Maybe even average number per year would be fun too. That way it isn't always the same 20 names at the top of a table or chart.