Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Big Earl, I was initially planning on that "Blue Ridge Parkway drive" but have another commitment that came up so I can't attend.

On my road trip to Florida back in June, I finally hit the Tail of the Dragon after hearing about it from friends for years and years. Perhaps doing that section with a group of similar cars is more fun but I was largely disappointed in the actual thrill of Tail of the Dragon but perhaps it's because I was bottled up behind 2 slow bikes and an SUV.

Don't forget to smile for the camera.

If you want to do an absolutely stunning few miles of road just let me know and I can send you some routes. Listen to that group for anyone who heads off to tackle part of the Cherohala Skyway.

LOL that is an ominous sign :)

Wow, this is strange.

I just looked at spreadsheet based leader board and it shows 236.

But the bar graph page (from tableau) that I see still shows 235 (the one I uploaded in post #6358).

Edit....I also noticed that the spreadsheet based leader board lists me as having 4 first visits. But when I go to the tab on tableau, it indicates I have more than that.....
It is strange. I will try to look tonight to see if I can see any reason why you would have a different number than everyone else. I'm kind of baffled just thinking about it though.

Can you confirm this is the link you're looking at: Tableau Public

You fixin' to drive through the Valley? If so, send me a PM and I will meet you at the Fresno SC! :)

Almond harvest is in full swing from the Grapevine through Stanislaus County, so both 5 and 99 will be busy. The Sacramento Valley is not far behind. . .
Not quite sure of the route or timing. I’m basically going to clockwise loop the rest of the 11 unvisited chargers in CA/NV after visits along the way—Santa Monica now and Santa Barbara tomorrow. You can see them on my Tableau map.

California

Palm Springs

Another milestone for our Tableau visualizations. I am now calculating "firsts" dynamically so we can begin viewing them in virtually any way we can conceive. I started with a "Firsts leaderboard" that is like our primary leaderboard but instead of number of superchargers visited, the bars represent the number of firsts the competitor has. I colored the bars by the year the competitor began supercharging.

Like our main leaderboard, Bighorn leads on this one too. However, there is a caveat here. Now that I have a filter for "verified/unverified," his count of firsts goes way down if we exclude bulk unverified data. Bighorn has 145 firsts if you include unverified data. He has 69 if you count only verified dates. @Bredo leads with 132 if you only include verified dates.

You can see the chart either way by choosing which categories of data you want to see. The filter is on the right-hand side along with a number of others. For instance, you could select to show you only verified firsts for competitors who hail from USA-Midwest. @jvonbokel leads in the category with 28. @IT Geek is second at 15.

One caveat, if we exclude "unverified," other competitor's counts don't change as they should (someone else should get the first if an excluded competitor isn't). I think I can calculate this too but that'll have to wait for another time.

firsts leaderboard.png

For instance, you could select to show you only verified firsts for competitors who hail from USA-Midwest. @jvonbokel leads in the category with 28. @IT Geek is second at 15.

Actually, if you use one additional filter and only include people who have a user handle that begins with the letter "I" then you'll see that I jump all the way up to the top of the list in all categories. :)

Thank you again, @NKYTA for digging up this data. All of your data points except three are now in the verified category.

We have kept the following three dates in the Bulk/Unverified category:
  • 5/27/2019 with 31 supercharger visits. ~700 miles and ~18.5 hrs with some traffic in 4 major cities (including getting past NYC).
  • 5/26/2019 with 17 supercharger visits. ~1,200 miles up I-95 mostly.
  • 1/4/2017 with 25 supercharger visits. ~1,800 miles give or take depending on order. California and Arizona.

From this post, I should have had 33 in that 24 hour period (It was 6:15am to 6:14am). #4165
Plus I had missed adding Milford, CT (south).

5/26 looks right.

I'll have to look at 1/4/2017 again, sigh.

From this post, I should have had 33 in that 24 hour period (It was 6:15am to 6:14am). #4165

5/26 looks right.

Ok, for arguments sake, let's make all those 1/4/2017 AZ ones 1/5/2017.
Inyokern, Lone Pine, Groveland and Fish Camp CA should be 1/6/2017.

I'm tired of re-writing history. :eek:

5/26 looks right.

Ok, for arguments sake, let's make all those 1/4/2017 AZ ones 1/5/2017.
Inyokern, Lone Pine, Groveland and Fish Camp CA should be 1/6/2017.

I'm tired of re-writing history. :eek:
Thanks, NKYTA. I've put all three dates in the verified category and asked @JSergeant, @Darren S or @tes-s to update the dates per these two posts. Once updated, they'll roll-up into Tableau.

Reactions: NKYTA
Another milestone for our Tableau visualizations. I am now calculating "firsts" dynamically so we can begin viewing them in virtually any way we can conceive. I started with a "Firsts leaderboard" that is like our primary leaderboard but instead of number of superchargers visited, the bars represent the number of firsts the competitor has. I colored the bars by the year the competitor began supercharging.

Like our main leaderboard, Bighorn leads on this one too. However, there is a caveat here. Now that I have a filter for "verified/unverified," his count of firsts goes way down if we exclude bulk unverified data. Bighorn has 145 firsts if you include unverified data. He has 69 if you count only verified dates. @Bredo leads with 132 if you only include verified dates.

You can see the chart either way by choosing which categories of data you want to see. The filter is on the right-hand side along with a number of others. For instance, you could select to show you only verified firsts for competitors who hail from USA-Midwest. @jvonbokel leads in the category with 28. @IT Geek is second at 15.

One caveat, if we exclude "unverified," other competitor's counts don't change as they should (someone else should get the first if an excluded competitor isn't). I think I can calculate this too but that'll have to wait for another time.

View attachment 451960
I don't know why I can't get the "Year of charging since" filter to default to everything selected. I've tried a ton of different things. I've removed it as a filter to "resolve" that issue. I've left the highlighter so you can still highlight by year the competitor started charging.

I'm heading out on another road trip to Minnesota via the UP of Michigan beginning Wednesday. Not a lot of new superchargers are in the cards, maybe 15 if all goes well. I hope to clear out Michigan on my return trip. I won't be doing any tableau stuff while away, so keep a list of things that need to be done if needed.

Reactions: Bredo and Big Earl
Flyer and Co.:

I reviewed your yeoman effort with the "first visits." My visit to Fish Camp was on 2 January 2017 @ 0730 when my bride and I decided to drive up to the snow and have breakfast at the Lodge. I think our visit pips Trebor Thickweb by two days. Sorry, Trevor!

In other news, I am curious about a page that is blank with the exception of a bold exclamation that the page is "deprecated." I have used this word for decades to express disapproval, and I have not been admonished by teachers or others that I misspoke or misused the word. I believe also that old timers used deprecate in lieu of the more modern depreciate--which is more up my alley! :)

What exactly was disapproved so that the presentation is blank?

Thanks again for these nifty spreadsheets!

Flyer and Co.:

I reviewed your yeoman effort with the "first visits." My visit to Fish Camp was on 2 January 2017 @ 0730 when my bride and I decided to drive up to the snow and have breakfast at the Lodge. I think our visit pips Trebor Thickweb by two days. Sorry, Trevor!

In other news, I am curious about a page that is blank with the exception of a bold exclamation that the page is "deprecated." I have used this word for decades to express disapproval, and I have not been admonished by teachers or others that I misspoke or misused the word. I believe also that old timers used deprecate in lieu of the more modern depreciate--which is more up my alley! :)

What exactly was disapproved so that the presentation is blank?

Thanks again for these nifty spreadsheets!
Interesting. In computer parlance, it means to take out of use. Go figure that I know the lesser-known use case and had never heard it used as a form of disapproval. :cool:

From techopedia: "Deprecation is the process of marking attributes or features that should be avoided by users, including Web developers. Deprecation may be applied for various reasons, including one of the most common, which is the availability of more practical and effective alternatives."

Reactions: bmah