Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you still observing the "rules" as posted in the first post?

""Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged, whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s)."

I need some clarification.

In this case, the trip to Tampa is mine for a meeting. I chose to drive my Tesla to collect SCs and all of the charge sessions are billed on my Tesla account. My neighbor, a retired non-Tesla owner wanted to see a couple communities in Florida and offered to help drive.

I have driven about 75% of the trip miles. If the clause is intended in the aggregate sense, which I thought the term “supercharger(s)” implies, then I feel like I’m still observing. My trip, my car, billed to my account, I handily drove >50%, therefore the visits are mine.

If each segment from SC to SC is considered a trip, then the game now requires more accounting and more frequent naps so I can be certain to get at least 51% of the miles between every SC. If this is the spirit of the rule, then there’s a few SCs around Tampa and a few out west that I’d need to remove from my visits. And Issaquah WA, since my wife drove the miles on that trip segment.

So our weekend journey was;
1190 miles
323 kWh
272 Wh/m
NKYTA got 8, I got 13.

Between LA traffic, playing the game, and short chances at speed I think we did ok, NKYTA thinks we did fantabulous :p
NKYTA cleared CA (again) and I got a bump up.
Used up all my 1000 referral miles on this one.;)
While I am not nearly as motivated as the hubs, I am willing to accommodate for records.
It does come with an eye roll & some smh, but...I get it for the game.
Especially if it keeps him in Top 10.

Plus, beautiful morning sunrises, nice sunsets, good music, entertaining drives, and shared moments.

see you in Custer

In this case, the trip to Tampa is mine for a meeting. I chose to drive my Tesla to collect SCs and all of the charge sessions are billed on my Tesla account. My neighbor, a retired non-Tesla owner wanted to see a couple communities in Florida and offered to help drive.

I have driven about 75% of the trip miles. If the clause is intended in the aggregate sense, which I thought the term “supercharger(s)” implies, then I feel like I’m still observing. My trip, my car, billed to my account, I handily drove >50%, therefore the visits are mine.

If each segment from SC to SC is considered a trip, then the game now requires more accounting and more frequent naps so I can be certain to get at least 51% of the miles between every SC. If this is the spirit of the rule, then there’s a few SCs around Tampa and a few out west that I’d need to remove from my visits. And Issaquah WA, since my wife drove the miles on that trip segment.

Yes, your last paragraph.

My wife and I, as far as I know, are the only spousal couple on the leaderboard. A year and half ago when she got her 3, there was some discussion here. It was determined that lacking history in the early days, and the fact that I drove NKYTA well over 50% of long trips (and I was in the game), was retroactively granted. As soon as she entered the game, however, we had to modify shared trips to stay within that spirit of the rules. It can lead to outright backtracks (if desired), or creative fun, as we just had at the Mt. Shasta pair the other weekend.

Even adding my 600+ and her 142+ we would still be in 4th in the HorseRace, because @Bighorn pre-retiring was a force majure, and Darren is pernicious! @JSergeant and @DavidB, well they just have waaay too much time on their hands compared to a working guy. :p

I have always taken it that each SC to SC segment distance has be driven >50% by the claimant of the new supercharger. I believe those of us that travel with S.O.'s take care to abide by this.

Reactions: BM3B and NKYTA
None of this is written in stone and should not take away any of your joy. Trying to retroactively figure out legs would be an impossibility were that to arise for me. Like David, I’m usually solo though I take care to drive the majority of a leg and the full trip if my wife is along.
For one person to drive all the way from CA to Kissimmee to get a credit and then have their companion drive the 4 miles to Celebration for equal credit makes zero sense. Just like allowing helicoptering in and renting a car takes away 95% of the effort, though these things are allowed. Bottom line—don’t get too caught up in the minutiae. 51% came about over divvying up credit in a two person team.

Yes, your last paragraph.

My wife and I, as far as I know, are the only spousal couple on the leaderboard. ...It can lead to outright backtracks (if desired), or creative fun

There’s hundreds of posts of history before I joined so I missed some nuance.

It also means I’ve made some significant optimization error. We’re taking a different route back so have driven far out of our way to visit SCs that I haven’t been to. Not realizing exactly how the de minimus clause applied, I drove hundreds of miles of highway between SCs that I’ve already visited and then didn’t drive enough on one leg to get my 51%.

If the 51% is applied in aggregate, across the 5 SCs we visited yesterday I’m good since I drove 80% of the miles. Since it doesn’t, today we will backtrack adding a short “trip” past the one SC where I didn’t drive enough on the arrival leg.

It seems too easy to game the individual interpretation. With a driving helper, the helper can drive from last SC to an amenity near the destination SC and stop. Then the competitor drives from amenity to SC to get credit. Helper might drive 100 miles where the competitor only drives 3 and gets the credit. Seems like gamesmanship, but if that’s the “creative fun,” then, uh, okay.

It also means on long hauls, my nap windows need to be limited to 51% of the way past one SC to 49% of the way past the next. It’s the same amount of time as alternating drivers from SC to SC but fits within the rule. Perhaps there’s a previous conversation that explains why the former is preferred?

None of this is written in stone and should not take away any of your joy. .... Like David, I’m usually solo though I take care to drive the majority of a leg and the full trip if my wife is along. ... for equal credit makes zero sense. Bottom line—don’t get too caught up in the minutiae. 51% came about over divvying up credit in a two person team.

This fits my thinking. It’s a game, it should be fun, and the rules shouldn’t create perverse incentives. When the 51% rule is applied to teams, it makes perfect sense and the two teammates keep each other honest. When it’s a competitor and a non-competitive copilot, the rule makes little sense, requires additional accounting, and encourages gamesmanship.

Still, to satisfy any pedants, today I’ll make a special trip to revisit a SC. And I’ll swing past Issaquah WA soon.

• Love
Reactions: Bighorn
I asked because I posted these earlier and they still show not visited in Tableau:

2020-02-25
  • Toole, UT - 3:33 AM
  • South Salt Lake City, UT
  • Evanston, WY
  • Rock Springs, WY - 8:41 AM
  • Rawlins, WY - 10:53 AM
  • Laramie, WY - 12:44 PM
  • Cheyenne, WY -
  • Sidney, NE - 4:24 PL
  • Ogallala, NE - 5:45 PM
  • Gothenburg, NE - 6:29 PM
  • Grand Island, NE
2020-02-24
  • Kennewick, WA - 2:09PM
  • Mission, OR - 3:18 PM
  • Baker City, OR - 5:12 PM
  • Boise, ID
  • Twin Falls, ID - 9:24 PM
  • Pocatello, ID - 11:56 PM
  • Tremonton, UT
It looks like the Admins were asleep on the job (me included) - we're working through the recent posts making sure the updates were entered in the Google sheet, which is what drives the Tableau data. All should be updated shortly.

Last edited:
Reactions: NKYTA
This fits my thinking. It’s a game, it should be fun, and the rules shouldn’t create perverse incentives. When the 51% rule is applied to teams, it makes perfect sense and the two teammates keep each other honest. When it’s a competitor and a non-competitive copilot, the rule makes little sense, requires additional accounting, and encourages gamesmanship.

Still, to satisfy any pedants, today I’ll make a special trip to revisit a SC. And I’ll swing past Issaquah WA soon.

I'm not trying to be a pedant. While I don't think you're accusing me of that directly, I want to make sure this is clear.

My husband and I travel a lot and it was made clear to me that despite him not being engaged in the competition, I need to drive the majority of the distance to a Supercharger in order for it to count toward my total. Basically the same situation you find yourself in now.

I agree that it's a bit onerous and takes some of the fun out of family trips, however, I abide by the rules for the sake of fair and honest competition. Teams are not allowed with the exception of the ElonBear (who is a stuffed animal) team that was formed prior to this competition being formalized.

For the record, I would support team play.

Busy driving week for me! Would someone update me on the sheet please.
2020/02/23
York PA
Tannersville PA
2020/02/29
Bloomberg PA
Williamsport PA my first V3
Erwin NY
Ithaca NY
Binghamton NY
Moosic PA
0202/03/01
Rockaway NJ
Parsippany NJ
Kearny NJ
Woodbridge Township NJ
Edison NJ
East Brunswick NJ state route 18
Crabury NJ
Robinsville NJ
Marlon NJ
Maple shade NJ
Hanover MD
You also got a First Visit for Williamport, PA - congratulations!

Point of information:
Gainesville shows as recently opened, yet is not an unvisited pin on my map. Is this location one I’ve already been to and it’s just expanded or was skipping it today an oversight?
Yes, you've already been there on 7/4/2019 - it shows as recently open on Supercharge.info after a Temporary closure (which prevented me from getting it on my recent trip).

The Coral Gables one is named “Miami FL - SW 24th Street” in the Tesla Nav. We visited that one on the way to Florida City so I wasn’t awake and missed entering it.

Riviera Beach is named “West Palm Beach, FL - Garden Road” and is already checked off my list.

We missed the clean sweep by not going out to Marathon, that was a bridge too far. Literally.
There are actually two Superchargers in Riviera Beach - the one that you listed as West Palm Beach, and also one at the Service Center on Dyer Blvd.

We missed the clean sweep by not going out to Marathon, that was a bridge too far. Literally.

Bah. You need to miss Superchargers the old fashioned way, like I do. Either the Tesla tech turns them on two days after I leave the state (Gainesville, FL), or I just drive right past them w/o checking to see if they are active (Newport News, VA) :)

New V3 supercharger today, already in the spreadsheet:
Riverside, CA - Canyon Springs Parkway

Look at what I saw on my nav, first time! anyone notice the < 5 min time durations?

Attachments

• IMG_5414.jpg
    IMG_5414.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5415.jpg
    IMG_5415.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: