Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey has anyone noticed the price to Supercharge has reached 40¢/kWh in California? Yikes!

I remember when I got my car is was 11¢/kWh to charge up in Washington.

Why so much? There are gas cars that can easily beat my most efficient BEV in cost from point A to point B, including my trusty old Honda Insight (though to be fair, that's been true since I got the Model 3)

Has the cost of hardware and installation and management and taxes gone up? Almost double in 3 years?

I remember they mentioned that they were gonna start charging for the charging loss, so instead of paying for the power absorbed into the car (the number you see on the dash) they would start charging for the power delivered. That seems fair.

Has the cost of hardware and installation and management and taxes gone up? Almost double in 3 years?

I remember they mentioned that they were gonna start charging for the charging loss, so instead of paying for the power absorbed into the car (the number you see on the dash) they would start charging for the power delivered. That seems fair.

Supercharging had previously been a loss leader. Tesla is slowly transitioning into passing the true cost onto drivers. That includes generation, transmission and demand charges, equipment, maintenance and construction. As you may have noticed, Tesla is also experimenting with time-of-use based billing, with lower prices when power is cheap and higher prices when it is more expensive. Sure makes me wish a had sprung for a performance Model 3 with free Supercharging (at the time we ordered). C’est la vie.

Hey has anyone noticed the price to Supercharge has reached 40¢/kWh in California? Yikes!

I remember when I got my car is was 11¢/kWh to charge up in Washington.

Why so much? There are gas cars that can easily beat my most efficient BEV in cost from point A to point B, including my trusty old Honda Insight (though to be fair, that's been true since I got the Model 3)
Fully loaded cost? Over 5 year time period including maintenance? Same vehicle type? $4 gas? EVs are still competitive TCO. $0.40 is pricey, good thing most of us charge at home ($0.13 per kWh for me).

North Carolina

Goldsboro
Mebane
Archdale
Lexington

Virginia

Salem Apperson Drive (Temporary)
Petersburg Wagner Rd
Williamsburg
Tappahannock
King George Owens Dr
Falls Church

Washington DC Market St NE

Maryland

Baltimore South Caton Ave
Baltimore Boston St
Hagerstown Venture Dr

Pennsylvania

Gettysburg
Glen Mills

Nice job @Bighorn ! Takes the lead

@PLUS EV were you bluffing or are you going to play (and share)?

North Carolina

Goldsboro
Mebane
Archdale
Lexington

Virginia

Salem Apperson Drive (Temporary)
Petersburg Wagner Rd
Williamsburg
Tappahannock
King George Owens Dr
Falls Church

Washington DC Market St NE

Maryland

Baltimore South Caton Ave
Baltimore Boston St
Hagerstown Venture Dr

Pennsylvania

Gettysburg
Glen Mills

If you're going to go out to Long Island on Wednesday, we might bump into you. We're planning to head out there and take the 3pm ferry to CT. Did you notice that Clara Barton (the Pedricktown SB) on the Turnpike came live on Tuesday, so you can get that and the NB.

Fully loaded cost? Over 5 year time period including maintenance? Same vehicle type? $4 gas? EVs are still competitive TCO. $0.40 is pricey, good thing most of us charge at home ($0.13 per kWh for me).
I've never understood the "Teslas are cheap" argument. It never made sense.

A 2021 Prius gets 52 mpg and costs $4/gal to fill in San Jose. fueleconomy.gov calculates the total cost of gas to $1150/yr while the M3 ends up $1500/yr with 40¢/kWh prices. Also I don't know when was the last time you owned a gas car but e.g. new Toyotas include all maintenance for free for 2 years and in 5 years, what else are you going to do? Replace the oil for $50/yr and change the air filter for $80 every 2 years?

Tableau freaked out again. Pushed data again so should be good to go for a week or so.

Neck and neck in the race to 1,000. It'll come down to who has the most density in front of them. @PLUS EV and @Bighorn's unvisited maps below. Bighorn is in the NE so his map is focused there. PLUS EV's last new supercharger on 4/1/2021 was in Georgia. WHere is he now? It appears that Bighorn is in the driver's seat and will almost certainly hit the milestone by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

1617794761227.png

1617794895997.png

1617795162377.png

Tableau freaked out again. Pushed data again so should be good to go for a week or so.

Neck and neck in the race to 1,000. It'll come down to who has the most density in front of them. @PLUS EV and @Bighorn's unvisited maps below. Bighorn is in the NE so his map is focused there. PLUS EV's last new supercharger on 4/1/2021 was in Georgia. WHere is he now? It appears that Bighorn is in the driver's seat and will almost certainly hit the milestone by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

View attachment 651667

View attachment 651668

View attachment 651669
My money's on Bighorn(sorry George) for the win by later today. There are 13 within striking distance around Philly, NJ, Long Island and CT without even bothering with the NYC valet sites.

As I was collecting New Jersey SCs yesterday, I sort of felt a bit guilty. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sure enough, I just did the stats on a sample of states. Looks like NJ has the greatest SC density -- and considerably higher than CA. Does that means those in the NE have an unfair advantage in the game? I had always assumed the West Coast had the best pickings.

I know this isnt comprehensive. Didnt think necessary to check WY.

SQ milesSCs per
SCs(000)SQ Mi (000)
NJ328.733.67
DE62.492.41
MA2510.572.37
MD2212.411.77
CA211163.631.29
FL6365.760.96
RI11.210.82
WA33
71.3​
Looks like you inspired Electrek: The best (and worst) US states for EV charging - Electrek