Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two more to add for me on top of my measly count. Santa Monica, CA Santa Monica Blvd/15th St. and Los Angeles - Grenada Hills, CA. I rented a M3 from Hertz for my trip out there. Maybe some day I'll do the drive and hit up every SC along the way.

I didn't see the Santa Monica one on the Tesla website map, but it showed up in the car. There were lines at both that formed after I arrived, something I never have experienced here in NYC and vicinity.

Two more to add for me on top of my measly count. Santa Monica, CA Santa Monica Blvd/15th St. and Los Angeles - Grenada Hills, CA. I rented a M3 from Hertz for my trip out there. Maybe some day I'll do the drive and hit up every SC along the way.

I didn't see the Santa Monica one on the Tesla website map, but it showed up in the car. There were lines at both that formed after I arrived, something I never have experienced here in NYC and vicinity.
Curious about the details of the Hertz rental. That is the first I've heard of a major American rental car company renting out Teslas. Was it reasonably priced? Any limitations on mileage? Tesla rentals are less useful for me in North America, but the general adoption of Tesla and other EVs by rental cars is still something I'm following.

@theflyer @Big Earl @tes-s or anyone else who may know the answer...

I just noticed that Oakhurst, CA is not showing up on my "not yet visited" map and I definitely haven't been there. My main concern is not with Oakhurst itself, but that the rest of my (and others') maps are not accurate. The rest of my not yet visited map looks generally accurate, but with so many superchargers these days, I can't be totally sure. I know Oakhurst opened and then closed after some vandalism before re-opening so I'm hoping that this is just a problem specific to Oakhurst and that everything else with the Tableau maps is fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl

I just noticed that Oakhurst, CA is not showing up on my "not yet visited" map and I definitely haven't been there. My main concern is not with Oakhurst itself, but that the rest of my (and others') maps are not accurate. The rest of my not yet visited map looks generally accurate, but with so many superchargers these days, I can't be totally sure. I know Oakhurst opened and then closed after some vandalism before re-opening so I'm hoping that this is just a problem specific to Oakhurst and that everything else with the Tableau maps is fine.
Maps have reverted to before Oakhurst opened. @theflyer or @Big Earl can push an update, or may be resolved with the update tonight.

Curious about the details of the Hertz rental. That is the first I've heard of a major American rental car company renting out Teslas. Was it reasonably priced? Any limitations on mileage? Tesla rentals are less useful for me in North America, but the general adoption of Tesla and other EVs by rental cars is still something I'm following.
You can see my thread here about it. Rental Thread on TMC

...I didn't see the Santa Monica one on the Tesla website map, but it showed up in the car. There were lines at both that formed after I arrived, something I never have experienced here in NYC and vicinity.
Lines are pretty common in California, due to the large number of Teslas there. That's why there are so many Supercharger Stations in California, including several very large ones.

However, you may find yourself waiting in lines during holiday travel in many other states, especially ones with very few stations and stalls. My longest waits in line have been in Gallup and Albuquerque New Mexico, of all places. Tesla has expanded Gallup and is building a long-needed second station in Albuquerque. A station that was expanded twice, due to lines, is Beaver Utah, on I-15 between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas.

You may see lines in your home region if you travel at popular times, such as around holidays. You can get a feel for lines by looking for the "wait" symbol on your navigation display of Supercharger Stations.

Lines are pretty common in California, due to the large number of Teslas there. That's why there are so many Supercharger Stations in California, including several very large ones.

However, you may find yourself waiting in lines during holiday travel in many other states, especially ones with very few stations and stalls. My longest waits in line have been in Gallup and Albuquerque New Mexico, of all places. Tesla has expanded Gallup and is building a long-needed second station in Albuquerque. A station that was expanded twice, due to lines, is Beaver Utah, on I-15 between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas.

You may see lines in your home region if you travel at popular times, such as around holidays. You can get a feel for lines by looking for the "wait" symbol on your navigation display of Supercharger Stations.
You also see lines at gas stations during holiday travel. Try to get gas in New Jersey on a holiday weekend. I don't understand why Tesla drivers have seemingly come to the consensus that there should never be a line at a supercharger.

Reactions: Tdreamer and bmah
Maps have reverted to before Oakhurst opened. @theflyer or @Big Earl can push an update, or may be resolved with the update tonight.

Maps are back.

Yeah, I am seeing Stockton E. Morada Lane showing as open, yet it's still under construction as of yesterday
I'd guess because one of the data sources is supercharge.info, and they still show it open?

(FTR I changed the thread title on TMC after I saw your post in the thread. I don't know how somebody came up with "LIVE!" but their photo didn't show a charging screen, nav pop-up for the site, or a green charge port, which admittedly should have been a warning sign.)

Bruce.

You also see lines at gas stations during holiday travel. Try to get gas in New Jersey on a holiday weekend. I don't understand why Tesla drivers have seemingly come to the consensus that there should never be a line at a supercharger.
I wouldn't know about gas stations. it has been some years since i bought gas!

However, a serious response to your observation about lines: the difference is that gas station lines move quickly and it takes only a few minutes to fill-up. Waiting in line to Supercharge can make an already long stop even longer. I've waited several hours to Supercharge, with my car at 7% SOC and the next nearest Supercharger Station well over 100 miles away. How about you?

I wouldn't know about gas stations. it has been some years since i bought gas!

However, a serious response to your observation about lines: the difference is that gas station lines move quickly and it takes only a few minutes to fill-up. Waiting in line to Supercharge can make an already long stop even longer. I've waited several hours to Supercharge, with my car at 7% SOC and the next nearest Supercharger Station well over 100 miles away. How about you?
I think the longest I waited when I had no choice was in Eau Claire, WI and that was about 20 minutes. Not fun for sure. Thankfully there are more options on the Minneapolis to Chicago run now, including V3s. I agree that waiting is not ideal, but I think Tesla has done quite well growing the network to handle most use cases. Holiday travel is such an outlier that I don't know how one can expect a company to have enough capacity to cover that edge case. Don't forget that if you use nav as intended, it takes into account all known vehicles traveling the same route and time and will distribute stops to balance load as much as possible and I'm confident Tesla will continue to offer incentives to shift travel times to also help balance load. And, of course, they will keep adding more stalls and locations. I vastly prefer this scenario to the other option.

Reactions: Shesmyne2"
I regularly wait at the free CHAdeMO near me for 1/2 an hour and then someone comes when I first plug in and they wait for 1/2 an hour. If no one is waiting you can charge longer, but often you'll have people cruise the parking lot but not willing to wait. I don't always notice as I am usually watching Netflix.

you must have been living under a rock because Hertz did a huge campaign about it including with tom Brady 😆

you must have been living under a rock because Hertz did a huge campaign about it including with tom Brady 😆

Tom who?

Yeah I've blocked that guy out of my life forever. That must be why I missed it.