Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging program change (good news)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order way back on June 29th and supposed to take delivery tomorrow. No referral used at the time because there was no reason to (AWD, non-P). Any chance they will let me retroactively use a friend’s referral code to get the 6 months of supercharging? I mean, if not no big deal b/c I’ll still be driving the world’s most amazing car. But if they will, I mean, I like icing on my cake!

Same situation. I was told no by my IDA. That was when the deal was $100. I didn't even really want that. I wanted to add it give credit to the youtuber who pushed me over the edge. suppose it depends who you ask.

I added EAP this week and it was confirmed Friday. I got the new AWD price so I saved 1k. I'm pleased they did this as I wouldn't expect it. What happens if they raise the price by 1k again. Will everyone who has an AWD ordered be willing to pay the extra 1K? People only want the price change when it benefits them.

Placed my order way back on June 29th and supposed to take delivery tomorrow. No referral used at the time because there was no reason to (AWD, non-P). Any chance they will let me retroactively use a friend’s referral code to get the 6 months of supercharging? I mean, if not no big deal b/c I’ll still be driving the world’s most amazing car. But if they will, I mean, I like icing on my cake!

As a June 30th order, I'm wondering the same thing. I drive a lot (1000+ miles a week) so free supercharging for 6 months would be awesome.

As a June 30th order, I'm wondering the same thing. I drive a lot (1000+ miles a week) so free supercharging for 6 months would be awesome.

Just found this on Tesla’s FAQ page regarding the referral awards. Doesn’t look good for us my friend.

My friend just took delivery of a new Tesla vehicle, but forgot to use my code. Can they apply it retroactively?
Referral codes must be applied at the time of the order being placed and cannot be applied retroactively.

Just found this on Tesla’s FAQ page regarding the referral awards. Doesn’t look good for us my friend.

My friend just took delivery of a new Tesla vehicle, but forgot to use my code. Can they apply it retroactively?
Referral codes must be applied at the time of the order being placed and cannot be applied retroactively.

Yeah - I noticed that also - but as with many things in this company - they have not been consistent with their own policy - I have heard of several folks who have gotten this done after the fact. As this states though - it isn't their official policy to do so - so YMMV depending on who you talk to about it and their mood of the day :)

I spoke with customer service as I ordered my midrange model on Thursday but forgot to put in the referral code. They told me I just needed to email [email protected] and write your order number with referral code. Then tell your ISA that you had ordered with a referral code to make sure it is in. I asked them if there was any time limit to do this from the time of order, she told me there is not, but to do asap. I hope this works, because 6 months of supercharging would be awesome.

I spoke with customer service as I ordered my midrange model on Thursday but forgot to put in the referral code. They told me I just needed to email [email protected] and write your order number with referral code. Then tell your ISA that you had ordered with a referral code to make sure it is in. I asked them if there was any time limit to do this from the time of order, she told me there is not, but to do asap. I hope this works, because 6 months of supercharging would be awesome.

FYI

You either have a typo in the tesla address or something else might be wrong. My email to that address today bounced back.

It’s good news for those that have yet to buy a M3; but not exactly equitable for those of us non-owners who were among those taking delivery of the car.

What does everyone else think?

It would be nice if Tesla retroactively gives everyone 6 months free supercharging, but those who purchased early received a lower purchase price and current prices far exceed the value of 6 months of free supercharging for the average user. Using your configuration as an example, red paint now costs $2500 instead of $1000 more and destination charge is $1200 instead of $1000. A $1700 lower purchase price is far better than 6 months of supercharging unless you're driving for Uber as a full-time job.

For what it’s worth I spoke with the delivery manager (or logistics manager, whatever his title is) at the Alpharetta, GA service / delivery center and asked about adding my friend’s referral code retroactively. This was while we were discussing the second delay of my delivery and how much this was going to inconvenience me since I had sold my car prior to my FIRST scheduled delivery and had been renting a car on my dime since then. He refused to provide me with a loaner and (get this) basically said they have to reschedule so many deliveries there (he said hundreds per month) that there’s just no way they can give everyone a loaner. Anyway given my situation he said he would put in a request to the mothership to have the code added to my order retroactively, so fingers crossed.

• Funny
Reactions: swaltner

FYI

You either have a typo in the tesla address or something else might be wrong. My email to that address today bounced back.

It's [email protected] , not referralprgram.

• Informative
Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
Finally received an email back saying I was not eligible for 6 months of free super charging even thought my DA said I was. I placed my order on Sept 30th and took deliver on Oct 15th of a non performance model 3.

Here's the email and it makes no sense as it only mentions the Performance Model 3.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Tesla Referral Program. I apologize for any inconvenience this delayed response has caused. Our Referral Rewards Program is designed for Model S / X / and Model 3 Performance vehicles only at the time you placed the order. After looking at your account I am showing that your Model 3 is not a Performance model. With that being said we would not be able to add a referral code to your reservation."

The Tesla website shows all Model 3's are eligible ...

Referral Program

Can anyone offer any clarity??

Finally received an email back saying I was not eligible for 6 months of free super charging even thought my DA said I was. I placed my order on Sept 30th and took deliver on Oct 15th of a non performance model 3.

Here's the email and it makes no sense as it only mentions the Performance Model 3.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Tesla Referral Program. I apologize for any inconvenience this delayed response has caused. Our Referral Rewards Program is designed for Model S / X / and Model 3 Performance vehicles only at the time you placed the order. After looking at your account I am showing that your Model 3 is not a Performance model. With that being said we would not be able to add a referral code to your reservation."

The Tesla website shows all Model 3's are eligible ...

Referral Program

Can anyone offer any clarity??
I contacted Customer Service (CS). Indeed, it is at the time of order, or a provable agreement in writing. I ordered Oct 2nd, and was able to add referral code for $100 free super charging, and referral link as a non-performance Model 3 on Oct 5th, which is the day it was announced.

Fortunately, I had an an EMAIL with the Owner Advisor (OA) stating he linked the referral to my order on Oct 5th to help backup my claim.

I pursued the 6-months free supercharging (foggy on the sequence of events) when I initially contacted Customer Service today. I ended coming up short as I didn't have any records saying that I was planning to cancel my order and place a new order to take advantage of the 6-months free supercharging. While on hold, I was able to trace back that indeed the OA associated the previous offer from Oct 5th ($100 SC credit + non-P referral). I did recall a phone call to CS asking about the pro/cons of cancelling and reordering for the referral credit and reservation credit to properly show up in my online account, and was told to not cancel.

To my dismay, I find out that the Referral Department is working this currently, and only because I sent them an email today. I am shocked that the Referral Department wasn't already working this from being assured by the Owner Advisor and Delivery Advisor. There is possibly confusion with the Oct 5th $100 credit + referral link, and the subsequent (as of today) 6-mos free + referral link for all Model 3. It will be more waiting.

For me, not much advantage of the 6-months free supercharging vs. $100 credit. I charge at home, and not many road trips planned, so perks are about the same. I am more bent over the referral link because I am referring myself, and had a sibling order a Model 3 as well. I can't justify buying a Wall Connector, so hoping to get it for free as a referral gift/perk.

Last edited: