Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sutton Scotney (Winchester Supercharger)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is 22m from home, so one I use regularly.

The 2 bays, provided at Norton Hotel, are woefully inadequate. Thanks are due to the hotel complex, for housing the superchargers, however, they are close to the A34/A303 junction, 2 major roads. 2 bays are not enough.

We are queuing often. Nothing for miles, going towards the West Country.

A well equipped Amesbury would be a fantastic new addition and relieve Sutton Scotney.

Come on Tesla, help us out.

Reactions: Fullerene
This is 22m from home, so one I use regularly.

The 2 bays, provided at Norton Hotel, are woefully inadequate. Thanks are due to the hotel complex, for housing the superchargers, however, they are close to the A34/A303 junction, 2 major roads. 2 bays are not enough.

We are queuing often. Nothing for miles, going towards the West Country.

A well equipped Amesbury would be a fantastic new addition and relieve Sutton Scotney.

Come on Tesla, help us out.

If they are so close to home why do you need to use them? Do you not have home charging or is this for the return leg of a regular journey that’s outside of your range?

They were installed at a time when Tesla had no Superchargers at all, and were a gift from above when they arrived. Likewise the 2 bay at the Sainsbury’s at Badger Farm (now gone but Sainsbury’s allowed Tesla to keep them there for a year past lease expired).

The problem, as always, is finding a suitable site. That neck of the woods needs more for sure but none of the motorway services in the area are interested (or are tied by the Ecotricity monopoly). If you are local and can find somewhere suitable Tesla would be over the moon I’m sure. E.G. the Havant Superchargers are there down to the brilliant work of a Tesla owner whose offices are on the business park.

Reactions: Roy W.
Old thread I know, I’ve used these yesterday.
I arrived, 2 M3’s using them, I waited about 20 minutes, as soon as I plugged in another’s M3 arrived and as I left 20 minutes later a MS arrived.
A lovely area though and nice to have a little wave back from all except the MS owner.

• Funny
Reactions: AnthonyLR
the winchester location is awful. We really should be expecting the government to force all motorway services to allow room for superchargers regardless. It shouldnt be any harder to pull off a motorway to get power as it is to get petrol. People need to pester grant shapps some more, he is our transport minister and drives a model 3 ffs...

Reactions: OfficialMark_H
I used the Norton (Winchester) supercharger today.
It was the hottest day of the year so far and it was showing 32C when I was there.
There is a sign there from the hotel that unfortuneatly the hotel and its toilets remain closed at present.
The point is, and it's difficult to put this politely, if you must pee chaps, please walk a little further away than the bush directly in front of you.
ITS STINKING!

From supercharger info thread.