TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sylvia Round Australia in Bluey !

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by RichardMcN, Mar 3, 2018.

1. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

#1 RichardMcN, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Hey everybody, Sylvia @wilsilly has just started out on her clockwise Round Australia trip from near Gladstone Qld. This will be the first test of the almost-complete Round Australia Charging Route !

An all female trip with 7 fly-in fly-out changes of road crew ! !

Sylvia will be at St Leonards Supercharger at 12:00 on Sun March 11. We'll play it by ear and maybe organise some lunch. Please reply if interested in coming.

Sylvia.jpeg

• Love x 4
    • Like x 3
  2. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

• Informative x 1
  3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Good luck Sylvia @wilsilly!
    Unfortunately I won’t be able to make next Sunday but will watch from afar.

4. baillies

baillies Member

Good luck, hope you have a great adventure and lots of working power points! Sad to see you already had one issue with a fast charger.

Interesting to see an actual physical map! If you haven't already, may I also suggest using google maps and using the download offline maps feature.

To follow on Intagram BlueytravelsOz (@blueytravelsoz) • Instagram photos and videos

5. bob_bear

bob_bear Member

All the best, I'm very jealous!

I'm hoping to take my model x around oz later this year. I look forward to following your adventures!

Rob from Wollongong

• Like x 1
  6. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Looks like your X is white @bob_bear . All 3 EV's that have gone round Australia (plus Sylvia's now) are blue. Hmmm !

• Love x 1
  7. rikka

rikka Member

Safe travels @wilsilly - look forward to catching up and sharing your adventures first-hand when you make it to Darwin :)

8. wilsilly

wilsilly Member

Thanks for starting this thread @RichardMcN and thanks to @rikka yes! see you in Darwin should be end of May, thanks also to @bob_bear, @meloccom and @baillies for support and suggestions. Biggest challenge through the New England was a compound of new tyres, howling headwind, lots of hills and rain.... had to do some slow driving to get to Tenterfield and was led astray by satnav from Scone to Mudgee so again some slow driving to start with but happy to find a shorter route which got us through easily. Driving in to the unknown there are bound to be these challenges. Will update when I get time probably only about once a week. You can also follow us on Facebook at Central Queensland Tesla Interest Page or on Instagram at BlueytravelsOz. Thanks again for support of my crazy adventure folks.

• Like x 1
  9. wilsilly

wilsilly Member

Bluey came through lots of road works so it's bath day today, looking a bit of a mess!

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. wilsilly

wilsilly Member

rtbwxvV8Tq+7nud4d80c7w.jpg

On Sunday I had a wonderful meet up with @RichardMcN who has been around Australia anticlockwise and Greg Partridge of AEVA at St Leonard's Tesla shop in Sydney. Many thanks to the very generous Ben of Tesla for his good wishes for the trip. Bluey had a Supercharge while we lunched (thank you @RichardMcN ). In the Tesla shop I saw the 'skateboard' and the Roadster for the first time too. Photo has Richard's Tessie on left and Bluey on right.

• Like x 3
  11. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

image.jpg

• Love x 3
    • Like x 2
  12. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

image.jpg

• Like x 4
  13. RBR

RBR Member

Very well done Sylvia!

• Like x 1
  14. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

15. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I love this story. Amazing what you can do with the S75 too!

16. FequalsMA

FequalsMA Member

I just read about this today.
    Amazing story.
    While she says she wouldn't do it again, Sylvia doesn't look anywhere near 70.
    She looks like she could do it another 2-3 times easy.

• Like x 1
  17. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

• Love x 2