Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
black, 50% semigloss. that pic was in direct sun so it looks gray, in person they are very black.

my car was getting modified while powdercoating, so it was on the 19” TSTs all week fortunately sitting still.

i’m getting it lowered with T sportline performace 1” lowering springs

Ok. Thanks. What other mods did you do, aside from the chrome delete? Did you wrap it?

They did didn't they? When he contacted them they said they would be stuck on, which they were, and that they already had the exact part he would need to properly install them. So they already knew about the problem and hadn't told anyone.

Exactly. They encountered the same problem themselves a week earlier and don’t appear to have sent out any sort of notification to buyers to inquire if anyone was putting the wheels on a P3D+ and then share the warning with them.

Furthermore they are present on the TMC forums and should have seen all of the discussion about possible wheel fitment issues with the P3D+ so you’d like to think that they would take the step of verifying it worked before selling the product. Most of that discussion was all conjecture and sketchy information but it seems like a good idea to sort fact from fiction with regards to whether the wheels would fit appropriately on the P3D+. Especially when wheels are pretty much their core product based on checking out their website. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Exactly. They encountered the same problem themselves a week earlier and don’t appear to have sent out any sort of notification to buyers to inquire if anyone was putting the wheels on a P3D+ and then share the warning with them.

Furthermore they are present on the TMC forums and should have seen all of the discussion about possible wheel fitment issues with the P3D+ so you’d like to think that they would take the step of verifying it worked before selling the product. Most of that discussion was all conjecture and sketchy information but it seems like a good idea to sort fact from fiction with regards to whether the wheels would fit appropriately on the P3D+. Especially when wheels are pretty much their core product based on checking out their website. Maybe my expectations are too high.

hey, i’m happy to help the community. (i have to make jokes or i’ll go Incredible Hulk and hurt something)

• Funny
Reactions: clostridium
20%, looks light with white interior and glass roof

Roger thank man, I'm schedule the same friday looks good you did the back in one piece? And did you do the windshield too? You basically have the same set up I will be doing eventually. I may not do the chrome delete, I'm just hesitant on how it will look up close and over time. The chrome isn't so bad on the white.

Roger thank man, I'm schedule the same friday looks good you did the back in one piece? And did you do the windshield too? You basically have the same set up I will be doing eventually. I may not do the chrome delete, I'm just hesitant on how it will look up close and over time. The chrome isn't so bad on the white.

no comment on vinyl over time, i have read 5-7 years if you are lucky. worst case i re-do it or pull it off, i can tell you right now it looks awesome. i wimped out on tinting (@ 70% clear, just for heat rejection) on the windshield because my installer said he is not rsponsible if the ipad goes wonky -- a chance it gets some wetness during install. i know it was low risk, but that was enough for me to pass, it was expensive, and i have never done a windshield before. plus i am guarenteed to replace my windhshield out here with all the CO rocks on the highways! yes 1 piece for the rear, not an easy job, hence why installation costs more than most cars.

i would like to announce so FANTASTIC NEWS to everyone:

after thinking long and hard about all of your comments i reached out to T Sportline and told my story. they sent me a very nice email and agreed to my comprimise, which is to send me a new set of wheels and i will return the damaged ones (that were pryed off this past weekend). the new set they are sending doesn't even need adapaters! if you look at their website now they have pull-downs for the different Model 3 models, so different center based on model. this makes me very happy that they agreed to a full replacment and i will continue to do business with them. i know you guys may think i am being too forgiving, but i beleive in 2nd chances and they are making things right.

thank you all for your support, and thanks T Sportline!! :)

i would like to announce so FANTASTIC NEWS to everyone:

after thinking long and hard about all of your comments i reached out to T Sportline and told my story. they sent me a very nice email and agreed to my comprimise, which is to send me a new set of wheels and i will return the damaged ones (that were pryed off this past weekend). the new set they are sending doesn't even need adapaters! if you look at their website now they have pull-downs for the different Model 3 models, so different center based on model. this makes me very happy that they agreed to a full replacment and i will continue to do business with them. i know you guys may think i am being too forgiving, but i beleive in 2nd chances and they are making things right.

thank you all for your support, and thanks T Sportline!! :)

Only see the drop down for 18” and 19” I emailed them to see why no drop down for the 20” turbines

no comment on vinyl over time, i have read 5-7 years if you are lucky. worst case i re-do it or pull it off, i can tell you right now it looks awesome. i wimped out on tinting (@ 70% clear, just for heat rejection) on the windshield because my installer said he is not rsponsible if the ipad goes wonky -- a chance it gets some wetness during install. i know it was low risk, but that was enough for me to pass, it was expensive, and i have never done a windshield before. plus i am guarenteed to replace my windhshield out here with all the CO rocks on the highways! yes 1 piece for the rear, not an easy job, hence why installation costs more than most cars.

Sorry if you've already answered this, but mind sharing your installer?