Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I specificallly asked them about the brake caliper clearence and they assured me no issues with 19s or 20s, but I didn't think to ask about center hub fitment...who would have thougth that Telsa would put a little lip on the centerbore? It would have been nice if Tesla notified its largest aftermarket resellers about the P3D center hub change.
Right. My point was simply that they wouldn't actually know how much clearance there was on the 19s because they didn't obtain a P3D+ to check the fitment.

Re-read any disclaimers or clarifications on purchase and warranty. Make sure you even fault them before pushing it. If I had a company it would be at the owners risk as bad as it sounds. Number to hear this man. I’ve avoided TST since day one when I shopped for wheels. Got lucky with the referral program and think keeping it Kosher is best.

It would have been nice the aftermarket resellers had done their homework and tested the fitment before selling defective wheels :cool:
The burden of due diligence is not on Tesla.

They did didn't they? When he contacted them they said they would be stuck on, which they were, and that they already had the exact part he would need to properly install them. So they already knew about the problem and hadn't told anyone.

Well, I was considering TSportline turbines for my upcoming P3D+ but am now afraid to. Difficult to trust a company that assumes things will work and sells a product before properly testing it. They should have waited to get a P3D+. Even if they had the specs, testing is required. Given they are Tesla-specialized, I’d expect their wheels to fit like a glove, no spacer required.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidc18
i am back in business my Tesla friends, took a nice ride up to Fort Collins (pic below) to visit my sister. those are my 20s powdercoated semi-gloss, 50% gloss.

This car is awesome!! (when its not rattling :) )

IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0422.jpg

i am back in business my Tesla friends, took a nice ride up to Fort Collins (pic below) to visit my sister. those are my 20s powdercoated semi-gloss, 50% gloss.

Nice! May I ask what costs are associated for a service like this?

And good lord we need to find a good winter set for the P3D+ already!!! Is that damn 3mm lip some sort of wacko non standard industry thing that Tesla is doing to only try to sell their own wheels? If not, then 1) there should be a standard name for this. 2) you would thing manufactures would have wheels with the proper fitment for these hubs. Sorry. Just venting as winter is coming.

Nice! May I ask what costs are associated for a service like this?

And good lord we need to find a good winter set for the P3D+ already!!! Is that damn 3mm lip some sort of wacko non standard industry thing that Tesla is doing to only try to sell their own wheels? If not, then 1) there should be a standard name for this. 2) you would thing manufactures would have wheels with the proper fitment for these hubs. Sorry. Just venting as winter is coming.
you just need an adapter (that T sportline is sending me), i needed a center hub for my my G35 coupe with my winter setup. easy peasy, it would have just be nice to have had the adapter before installing. oh well, life is full of learning lessons.

you just need an adapter (that T sportline is sending me), i needed a center hub for my my G35 coupe with my winter setup. easy peasy, it would have just be nice to have had the adapter before installing. oh well, life is full of learning lessons.

oh and powder coating on new wheels ranges from $75-$150 per wheel depending on the shop and wheel size.

Reactions: UltralightBeam

View attachment 327380View attachment 327381

Congrats. Looks awesome!

Are your wheels dark grey or black? And what wheels did you use as they powdercoated them given your TSTs where unusable?

Also, have you lowered it?

Congrats. Looks awesome!

Are your wheels dark grey or black? And what wheels did you use as they powdercoated them given your TSTs where unusable?

Also, have you lowered it?
black, 50% semigloss. that pic was in direct sun so it looks gray, in person they are very black.

my car was getting modified while powdercoating, so it was on the 19” TSTs all week fortunately sitting still.

i’m getting it lowered with T sportline performace 1” lowering springs