Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same for me
I tried it out just now and after about half an hour, I could not engage Autopilot with FSD enabled. When I turned FSD off to go back to the way it used to be, it would allow me to engage Autopilot, but it would ask me to take control after only a few seconds up to about 1/2 a minute with some loud beeps and the red steering wheel. We'll see if it's feeling better in the morning. If not, I might do a camera calibration. Already parked and rebooted. Can't think of anything else to try to get me re-enabled. If anybody has other ideas of what to try, let me know.

87552AA3-A6E4-434A-9CC8-B0C57C79C893.jpeg
Took my first drive. Cool but doesn’t like the traffic calming chicanes in my neighborhood. Had to take over before scraping the rims!

I tried it out just now and after about half an hour, I could not engage Autopilot with FSD enabled. When I turned FSD off to go back to the way it used to be, it would allow me to engage Autopilot, but it would ask me to take control after only a few seconds up to about 1/2 a minute with some loud beeps and the red steering wheel. We'll see if it's feeling better in the morning. If not, I might do a camera calibration. Already parked and rebooted. Can't think of anything else to try to get me re-enabled. If anybody has other ideas of what to try, let me know.
I got the same problem. I pulled over, parked, and looked at the Autopilot menu. FSD Beta had been shut off. All I had to do was re-enable and I was good to go again.

• Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
I got the same problem. I pulled over, parked, and looked at the Autopilot menu. FSD Beta had been shut off. All I had to do was re-enable and I was good to go again.
Checked mine. it was still turned on. I did also notice there is an option to expand full self driving visualization section in the autopilot menu, so that at least explains that. But no help inability to turn on autopilot for me. Thanks for the info anyways.

I’m in the boat where I enabled FSD and now the car is giving FCW for any car in front of me, and I can’t enable autopilot on the highway for more than 2 seconds without it screaming at me to take control immediately. Also, there is no autopilot available on city streets at all… just the new visualizations.

Do I need to recalibrate the cameras? The car is annoying as hell to drive right now. With it beeping at me every minute.

Checked mine. it was still turned on. I did also notice there is an option to expand full self driving visualization section in the autopilot menu, so that at least explains that. But no help inability to turn on autopilot for me. Thanks for the info anyways.
Yeah checked mine too just now it is on but autopilot wont go on after my first drive

Reactions: zigmeister
Yeah checked mine too just now it is on but autopilot wont go on after my first drive
In my case i went into my wife’s driving profile and enabled hers as well. Then disabled and re-enabled FSD beta in mine and disabled and re-enabled large visualization screen. Went for a drive and then it worked! However it’s randomly small breaking here and there on cleanly painted roads in rural NJ. Both left turns it tried to make at lights we’re NOT good. It had to wait for oncoming traffic and just sat there even after all traffic went. Car behind honked as I let it try to figure it out. Only 10min or so so far but very initial impressions aren’t great for me

• Informative
My steering wheel won’t telescope anymore. Will go up and down. I have comfort entry set to move it up and in upon entry and exit. Now just up and down only and it’s jammed way in like my wife sets her steering wheel in her car.

???

In my case i went into my wife’s driving profile and enabled hers as well. Then disabled and re-enabled FSD beta in mine and disabled and re-enabled large visualization screen. Went for a drive and then it worked! However it’s randomly small breaking here and there on cleanly painted roads in rural NJ. Both left turns it tried to make at lights we’re NOT good. It had to wait for oncoming traffic and just sat there even after all traffic went. Car behind honked as I let it try to figure it out. Only 10min or so so far but very initial impressions aren’t great for me
Got back in my car after a stop. Gone again. Ugh.

Same thing here, the 5-10 minutes I experienced driving to get donuts was 3 interventions by me, a few oh shits & wtfs, and a why TF are you deciding to just stop rather then turn into a lot on a 8 lane/50MPH road
Did the wide screen for driving visualizations go away in this build? Only getting the standard size screen? Unless I’m doing something wrong
You have to go into the Autopilot settings and select expanded FSD visualizations. Interestingly after I selected this autopilot was disabled on next drive and still is.

• Informative