Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, got originally got back to Safety Score of 100 and got into 10.2 last Thursday 2021.32.22 and got to install 10.3 (2021.36.5.2) and things were good... even took the car for a ride and was a bit better than 10.2
So, Yesterday afternoon I got the alert to downgrade to 36.5.1 but before I could do so the option was gone. This morning I upgraded to 10.3.1 (2021.36.5.3) and just got back from several rides. FSD is broken - it won't engage, the screen blinks almost every second as if the cameras aren't really connecting. I have soft booted, hard booted, Powered Off and on... all with Sentry off and USB unplugged as offered as a suggestion.
I don't even get NOA anywhere since it's not an option and cruise control speed limit blinks more than once a second so I can't engage that either... NOTHING WORKS. And each time I reboot I do get error logs that things can't engage and I need a software update and to schedule on the app yet no update is available...

Any suggestions from the Tesla faithful?

So, got originally got back to Safety Score of 100 and got into 10.2 last Thursday 2021.32.22 and got to install 10.3 (2021.36.5.2) and things were good... even took the car for a ride and was a bit better than 10.2
So, Yesterday afternoon I got the alert to downgrade to 36.5.1 but before I could do so the option was gone. This morning I upgraded to 10.3.1 (2021.36.5.3) and just got back from several rides. FSD is broken - it won't engage, the screen blinks almost every second as if the cameras aren't really connecting. I have soft booted, hard booted, Powered Off and on... all with Sentry off and USB unplugged as offered as a suggestion.
I don't even get NOA anywhere since it's not an option and cruise control speed limit blinks more than once a second so I can't engage that either... NOTHING WORKS. And each time I reboot I do get error logs that things can't engage and I need a software update and to schedule on the app yet no update is available...

Yours is the first report I've heard of such issues, but I also haven't gone searching. Have you looked around twitter, etc. to see if others have also had this issue?

You may want to contact Tesla describing the issue and requesting assistance via the email address they proivded in the email they sent to you about pushing Beta to your car. You can also call Tesla support.

Reactions: T-Racer
Do you have an older model Tesla?
No . 2018 Mode 3. I did reset my score on October 14th. Im thinking if it’s because either I reset my score or it’s because perhaps Tesla collected information on vehicles are going to get beta on Friday afternoon instead of night time . I didn’t have 100 miles until late Friday night . So I probably missed the cutoff when they collected data .

No . 2018 Mode 3. I did reset my score on October 14th. Im thinking if it’s because either I reset my score or it’s because perhaps Tesla collected information on vehicles are going to get beta on Friday afternoon instead of night time . I didn’t have 100 miles until late Friday night . So I probably missed the cutoff when they collected data .
If you keep your score up, you'll probably be invited to the beta soon.

I have the same problem. I can’t seem to clear the problem with any of the previous workarounds. 2019 Raven X.

My first try on a traffic circle today was also a failure. I've seen it handle them quite well in earlier releases on YouTube.
You have to give a push - press the accelerator. Once it starts going, it will complete the turn just fine (usually). I usually just disengage ...

But, only in single lane round-abouts. Crosses lanes in multiple lane round-abouts.

ps : One of the issues with youtube videos is we never know when / if they are pressing the accelerator - unless they say so.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ
Those with FSD Beta check out the next time your set the Nav to take you to a supercharger. I did today and for the first time I can remember(when it is cool) it did not precondition the battery. Hopefully not a bug, otherwise good little trip. The wider setting on the visualization is really nice on the IP of a Model S. Glad I noticed it as a new menu option .

Ok, like many, got 10.3, posted a good first drivr, trouble ensued, never installed pull back, got 10.3.1 today.

Long time beta testers, here’s my noob question. Is performance today what I’ll have until a new software release OR within 10.3.1 is there “learning” that occurs that will improve my experience?

This is something I’ve been wondering for awhile but today seems very relevant

:)

Thanks!

Ok, like many, got 10.3, posted a good first drivr, trouble ensued, never installed pull back, got 10.3.1 today.

Long time beta testers, here’s my noob question. Is performance today what I’ll have until a new software release OR within 10.3.1 is there “learning” that occurs that will improve my experience?

There's never, ever, any "on car" learning... (there's multiple reasons for this, including it'd be a nightmare to troubleshoot anything if every car behaved differently)

The only things that can change the vehicles behavior (other than the situation itself being different- ie different lighting conditions, different approach speed, different obstacles present, etc) are:

Firmware updates
and
Map updates (which can be pushed independent of firmware updates)

There's never, ever, any "on car" learning... (there's multiple reasons for this, including it'd be a nightmare to troubleshoot anything if every car behaved differently)

The only things that can change the vehicles behavior (other than the situation itself being different- ie different lighting conditions, different approach speed, different obstacles present, etc) are:

Firmware updates
and
Map updates (which can be pushed independent of firmware updates)

Thanks, Knightshade. I assumed nothing specifically in car but wasn’t sure if there was some type of fleet learning in real time.

Someone said there was some "memory" stored in every car that affects FSD behavior that was talked about at AI day. What was that ... ?

Not sure to what you're referring.... unless it was the discussion about how they're designing the lebeling system so the car can "remember" an object is still there even if it's obscured by another object when it's auto-labeling (or cheat and look ahead to label older frames).

But that wouldn't be the car learning any new behavior, AFAIK it's not even happening ON the car in current code, just happening offline in training data- right now 100% obscured objects "disappear" on-vehicle to my knowledge.