Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve watched sooooo many beta videos over the last year or so.

10.2 was pretty good and if that’s what I got with 10.3 when I just now got into beta it would be fine.

10.3 was scary as crap. It tried to take a right turn into parking lot from street at full speed. No slow. No stop. No checking for people.

I’ve also had it hard steer to left, then right, then back to center. Like something freaked it out.

Making left turns from straight or right turn lanes. Even though markers were clear on signs, on street, and showed on screen.

So many other questionable situations compared to what I was expecting based on 10.2.

Last edited:
I’m in the boat where I enabled FSD and now the car is giving FCW for any car in front of me, and I can’t enable autopilot on the highway for more than 2 seconds without it screaming at me to take control immediately. Also, there is no autopilot available on city streets at all… just the new visualizations.

Do I need to recalibrate the cameras? The car is annoying as hell to drive right now. With it beeping at me every minute.
They reverted to 10.2 earlier today

Was 10.2 safe? Probably not nearly as safe as the production software, although most of us have probably been more vigilant than ever.

As for 10.3, Tesla briefly provided the “safe” production software but then backed off — and that was several hours ago. So apparently they must not be too worried about 10.3’s safety.

As for the owners who installed the production software during its brief appearance, safety isn’t their problem. Getting back in the Beta might be a problem if their reappearing Safety Score under the production software drops below 99. That would be unfair but so is the fact the only owners not qualified for the Beta are the owners who purchased FSD way back in 2016-17. At a minimum, it might take some time to make this right and there probably is no one who can be contacted to make it right except Musk’s Twitter account.
People keep confusing different concepts. 10.2 was absolutely safe. If you’re taking part in the EARLY ACCESS FSD Beta, then you are accepting a number of liabilities and personal responsibilities. It even says so clearly in the email and agreement you clicked yes to on your vehicle’s screen.

That being said, you are NOT obligated to drive city streets on FSD beta. You can drive as you do with any production firmware release. I’m not sure how people don’t understand this. If you don’t like FSD beta, either opt out entirely, or simply don’t drive on city FSD AP. Simple.

our model 3 just tried to get us killed with a full on emergency brake episode. We were driving 70mph in southern ct on the Merritt, not on autopilot. Anyone in the northeast who has ever driven on the Merritt in southern ct in heavy traffic will know how scarry this was.
Wow. Did you get phantom FCW's in advance? I'm hoping we at least have that warning sign to pull over and let the car reset.