Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My safety score showed up again after 15 minutes and force closing and reopening the app. Here’s the carnage from 10.3 bringing me to 88.

Attachments

• 4EAA4CCF-9E5F-4B58-B928-180E6DFC2693.png
    4EAA4CCF-9E5F-4B58-B928-180E6DFC2693.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 59
Ok so I got an email that Tesla was going to push the FSD Beta 10.3 to my car. So far all I got was the update 2021.32.22 this morning that adds the FSD Beta Enrollment Request Button to my Autpilot menu. I tapped the button and the 3 boxes were there and greyed out with check marks. It did not give me chance to select the boxes and hit accept. I am guessing they are pre-filled now? 2 options on the bottom of the screen are cancel and opt out. I hit cancel and it says I am now enrolled in the FSD Queue.
49B10AC3-BF1C-4A49-91CE-AADE9C92C89A.jpeg

I am wondering if anyone else is still in the cue? I have read others have already received the download. Anyone else experience this?

Was 10.2 this bad?

The self-driving part of 10.3 was pretty good while it worked. Not a big difference from 10.2, but i noticed turns were smoother.

The problem with 10.3 is that it stops working after a drive. And once you're in that state, you get all sorts of freaky glitches: FCWs, AEBs, sudden red hand disengagements of AP/NOA on the highway.

We don't, yet, have evidence of a need for any complex new HW requiring vast costs/changes to the vehicle.

You're basing a lot of your claims on things that we simply don't know.

We don't know what we were promised with FSD. You make the claim that there are two promises depending on when a buyer purchased the car, and you're basing it on how FSD was described when a customer placed the order. Fair enough, but this completely throws out the entire marketing and other communications from Tesla. It also splits Tesla FSD owners into two groups where I'm in the True FSD group, and the newer group has Fake FSD.

The reality is FSD is FSD, and FSD is what Elon/Tesla have marketed it from day 1. I would include the very first introductory talk of FSD back in 2016 as what was promised whether you reserved it that day or you bought it today.

There isn't much point in arguing over this as my argument is HW3 can't do L4 as you described it. So whether its that or L5 is besides the point.

We don't know what HW4 will consist of. We can hope for our sake as owners that it will be simple things like a computer swap, but it might require additional sensors. There is a large contingent of FSD Beta testers that strongly believe it will require additional vision sensors.

You base the claim that some states will allow L4/L5 driving, but is this claim based on how they handle autonomous vehicle testing or how they handle deployment of privately owned vehicles? Those are two very different things.

If one was to check this would be the start

That shows a lot of states have regulation regarding autonomous vehicles so lets pick the biggest one for EV's which is California, and lets go to deployment section.

From here we see that there are three manufactures authorized to deploy autonomous vehicles.

Those manufactures are Cruise, Nuro, and Waymo. Not surprising that Tesla isn't listed so obviously they have to go through some steps to get authorization.

For the sake of simplicity I'll limit my argument WAY DOWN to only the most important elements.

In California a HW3 Tesla with TrueFSD will never be capable of autonomous driving at a level of L4 (with a broad ODD). At some HW revision later Tesla will finally pull it off, but the HW revision at that point will be physically incompatible with a HW3 vehicle. An owner of the HW3 will obviously be upset, but I don't think they'll be able to do much about it due to the regulatory disclaimer when they ordered the car. The only question is whether Tesla will pull that get of jail free card or not. If the requirements are something absurd (this is California we're talking about) then should they seriously be expected to match the requirement? Is it really that bad of a thing for them to pull that card.