Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 cruise control unavailable after purchase of basic autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
As of 12/30/2022 I purchased the basic autopilot for my 2018 T3, few hours later the cruise become unavailable.
I tried first rebooting the computer, then a total battery disconnect, (little and under the seat), then a camera recalibration. Sentry is off.
Cruise still not available.
Version is 2022.44.25.3
Any other DIY move?
Thank you

If none of the steps you tried above worked, then it is likely an issue with your hardware. You may need to take a trip to your local Tesla Service Center and have them troubleshoot the issue for you. The technicians can take a look at the system and make sure everything is functioning properly. It's possible that there could be a faulty component or some kind of software issue causing the problem. The technicians can also help you upgrade your Autopilot system if necessary.

If you don't want to take it in for service, then there are a few things you can do from home that might help fix the issue. You could run a full diagnostic scan on your vehicle and check for any error codes that could be causing the problem. You could also try resetting the Autopilot system and doing a system reboot. Lastly, you may need to download the latest firmware update if available and see if that helps resolve the issue.

We hope this advice helps! Good luck!

Joseph
From Precision Auto Styling

Upvote 0
If none of the steps you tried above worked, then it is likely an issue with your hardware. You may need to take a trip to your local Tesla Service Center and have them troubleshoot the issue for you. The technicians can take a look at the system and make sure everything is functioning properly. It's possible that there could be a faulty component or some kind of software issue causing the problem. The technicians can also help you upgrade your Autopilot system if necessary.

If you don't want to take it in for service, then there are a few things you can do from home that might help fix the issue. You could run a full diagnostic scan on your vehicle and check for any error codes that could be causing the problem. You could also try resetting the Autopilot system and doing a system reboot. Lastly, you may need to download the latest firmware update if available and see if that helps resolve the issue.

We hope this advice helps! Good luck!

Joseph
From Precision Auto Styling
Right, it seems a bit over the regular folk head, I'll try the autopilot reset and system reboot once more,
also I forgot to mention that the cars on the dash also disappeared and the auto steer still works.
I googled but didn't find out how to specifically reset the autopilot.

Upvote 0
Hi,
As of 12/30/2022 I purchased the basic autopilot for my 2018 T3, few hours later the cruise become unavailable.
I tried first rebooting the computer, then a total battery disconnect, (little and under the seat), then a camera recalibration. Sentry is off.
Cruise still not available.
Version is 2022.44.25.3
Any other DIY move?
Thank you
DiY Reset DAS via in-car Service Mode.

Attachments

• 20230105_103155.jpg
    20230105_103155.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 20230105_103118.jpg
    20230105_103118.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
If it helps. I had a loaner model 3 with FSD and cruise or FSD didn't work. The rear camera was aimed low due to some minor impact damage. I suspect it wasn't working due to the poorly aimed camera. Any issues with any of the cameras may cause an issue. It was spitting out a bunch of error codes when I tried to turn on cruise control and occasionally at different times on it's own. Could be worth looking to see if there are any logs showing up on yours.

Upvote 0