Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Audi Q6 revealed. Basically the same car as the new Porsche Macan.

Not a fan of the interior and the charging ports look like something that'll break pretty easily. Not impressed at all, much prefer the Macan.
At least the infotainment has been updated. Much needed. Wife’s etron GT infotainment is like going back in time a decade. Good job CarPlay works well. Tesla are still miles ahead.

At least the infotainment has been updated. Much needed. Wife’s etron GT infotainment is like going back in time a decade. Good job CarPlay works well. Tesla are still miles ahead.
The previous (current?) gen system does seem pretty lacklustre. It’s a shame because the generation before (ie the first gen system with the virtual cockpit) and the one before that were actually really good systems, arguably class leading

Reactions: UrbanSplash
The P2 has always looks like an ugly, angular little s*box to me.
However I must confess the P3, and now the P4 are much more appealing and sexy.

But looking again, the P4 I find a lot of similarities with the BYD Seal, or possibly, with many Chinese EVs brands that are now flooding the market.

The new competition will undoubtedly prove difficult, first to get a decent dealer/servicing network in Europe, but most of all, to have acceptable software that has not been half-baked and hasty shipped. Just like the Ocean collapse has shown us...
Yes compared to the new Asian EVs, Tesla's actually look distinctive.

I've unfortunately had a FDU isolation test fail on my 2020MS @9900 miles. Waiting for the replacement, I've been wondering what I would get if it didn't come back for whatever reason.

And I can't think of an EV with the range for a full day's drive, the interior space and the acceleration (I know, I know - but I would miss that I think). I'd seriously consider a high performance plug-in hybrid instead - just to avoid motorway charging.

Some new reviews out of the Polestar 4 'prototype':

Nice photos included with this article:

Maybe just the way they write the article but Polestar aren’t in great financial shape as we know. Not sure I want to buy a car which might be the make or break for a companies survival. You don’t want to end up with a car with no support, parts or software updates coming.

Honestly think it’s going to be a brutal few years for a lot of these EV startup’s. I’m going to stick to brands I can be more sure will survive the length of time I own their car going forwards. That isn’t Lotus either based on how their stock has gone either and another Geely car.

Maybe just the way they write the article but Polestar aren’t in great financial shape as we know. Not sure I want to buy a car which might be the make or break for a companies survival. You don’t want to end up with a car with no support, parts or software updates coming.

Honestly think it’s going to be a brutal few years for a lot of these EV startup’s. I’m going to stick to brands I can be more sure will survive the length of time I own their car going forwards. That isn’t Lotus either based on how their stock has gone either and another Geely car.

I wouldn’t buy any new electric car privately to be honest. Mine will be a company car Sal sac lease though (as I’m sure the vast majority are) and therefore if anything like you suggest transpires it won’t be my problem.

Has anyone tried out the Volvo EX30? Intrigued by it but can't find any UK based reviews anywhere
I've been looking at the EX30 too, a lot cheaper and smaller than the MY, but might be too small for my needs.

Its getting good reviews though:

Reactions: DigbyChicken
EX30 was on my list as an option to replace my end of lease M3, went into my local Volvo dealer to poke around and I was pretty impressed, the only thing that let it down was the boot size for me. Decided to go for XC40 recharge ultimate in the end through Sal Sac at work (arrives next month :) )

EX30 was on my list as an option to replace my end of lease M3, went into my local Volvo dealer to poke around and I was pretty impressed, the only thing that let it down was the boot size for me.
The size of it is what is making me think about it, I do miss having something smaller than my current M3/MY combo... Only downside is that it would be the 3 that would have to go since the Y would have to stay for family duties

Jonny Smith - Late Brake show

Always good in depth reviews of cars
There's a lot of videos from the press launch in Barcelona but I want something where the reviewer was a) in the UK and b) not in a rush to get their video recorded like a lot of the initial reviews are

Jonny Smith - Late Brake show

Always good in depth reviews of cars
Shows how long it's been since I've really looked at other brands, I got quite interested watching that video seeing what a £33K Volvo would be like. Then take a look at the configurator and you can' even get the spec that was reviewed. To get the Pano Roof you need to select the Ultra, then you get 20" wheels and bigger battery along with a price of £42K.

Typical, go for a shorter range and you get masses of feature differences.

Reactions: Js1977