Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont think much can beat the efficiency of the original or 38kw ioniq and it's a shame they've stopped making them now. Its allot of car for most people but I still wouldn't have one... Very sensible car for our children though 😁

What efficiency is a Model S or X these days?

Model S 2019 Raven - no idea if this is useful / representative:

TeslaFi07.gif

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Hypothetically speaking, if my car had perhaps unwittingly travelled at over 70mph, how would you display the >70mph readings in TeslaFi? Mine only goes up to 70. 2022 M3LR, for comparison's sake.

I asked a friend 🤓 and they said :rolleyes: TeslaFi shows 80-85 for that car and the Max Speed showing is circa 120 MPH.

This "Speed Efficiency" report filters for journeys over X miles. Dunno if that means "at that speed, for X miles" ... so might need to reduce the FILTER MILES LIMIT to see the higher speeds?

Did 431 miles this weekend, mostly at 70mph at 308 wh/mile in M3P so with 75kWh usable that's 243 miles total with it around 3C roughly. Think that's good and in summer its probably 270+ miles with similar driving. Perfect kind of conditions I think I could just clock over 290 based on numbers I've seen but that's rare. Heat pump really helps.

The Porsche Macan is probably good but not mind blowing or all that special. Not an SUV but would love for Lucid to come here, seems they are by far the leaders when it comes to efficiency.

Reactions: browellm
Nope, even setting it to 1 mile still doesn't display them (it shows 5 miles driven at 0-5mph). Most odd.

I think I've narrowed it down ...

I narrowed to a single drive, that contained the highest recorded speed (which was only momentary, so didn't expect that to be a factor)

It seems that the Speed Efficiency uses the average consumption from the whole drive; if I look at that particular drive, 1h20m, 80 miles, that drive has an overall average of 62MPH and 411 Wh/Mile ...

... and the Speed Efficiency report (for a narrow date/time span, covering just that one drive, and "over 1 mile" filter) has a single entry : 60-65MPH, 411 Wh/Mile, 78 miles recorded.

So I reckon its useless :(

Just was reading this morning they’ve sold a grand total of 6001 cars last year….

Yeah thwyve struggled to get traction. Their tech is great but also very expensive vs their competitors. Have to see if their SUV really helps.

They selling their motors to Porsche though aren't they so might be what's made the new Tycan so quick.

Is anyone aware of an easily-digestible comparison page or list that exists anywhere? While there have been the occasional nugget of useful info in this thread, it's mostly 37 pages of various unrelated discussion rather than making an informed alternative comparison. Very difficult to fish through for actual info unless reading the whole thing start to end. The nature of the forum format of course...

I'm not in the market to change my car yet, but probably will be this time next year. As more cars come to market over the year, it will become more cumbersome to compare them. It would be nice to find a direct comparison table among the features each of us may have a preference for (or not) when considering a move away from Tesla.
  • Models & Prices
  • Range of options (what's included or has to be paid extra for)
  • Battery size/range/efficiency
  • Driver assist and real world "what does it really do" (AP or otherwise)
  • In-car Software Interface
  • Car software updates, or lack of
  • Audio system and performance
  • Mobile app functionality & reliability
  • Other USPs a brand may have

That would be a very extensive list and dont forget that what matters for some doesn't for others. There is a balance of what is good outweighs the bad in every car but that will also differ from one person to the next.

TL;DR - there is already good tesla alternatives.... for some hence you will not find a definitive answer and this saga will just carry on :)