Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday Tesla valued my trade in at £24,400 on writing. I ordered a new car within minutes of the valuation.

My final PCP payment on the old car is £23,100

Now today my Tesla app shows my trade-in value to be £22,165 - lower than the PCP balloon payment.

Tesla told me over the phone yesterday that my trade-in is valued for 30 days.

What a way to piss off your customers.
Does the £24,400 in writing also mention that it's valid for 30 days? Are they allowed to do this?

IMG_5192.jpegIMG_5193.jpeg

Yesterday Tesla valued my trade in at £24,400 on writing. I ordered a new car within minutes of the valuation.

My final PCP payment on the old car is £23,100

Now today my Tesla app shows my trade-in value to be £22,165 - lower than the PCP balloon payment.

Tesla told me over the phone yesterday that my trade-in is valued for 30 days.

What a way to piss off your customers.
If it's lower than the balloon payment then you just hand it back at the end, you don't have to pay that negative equity however I'm sure it's more that you've lost £1.3k positive equity in a day. Assuming you are on your last month and all that's left is the balloon?

Ah so they gave you an estimated and now you have a final offer?
Yes I can just hand it back but I will then be car-less for 4-5 weeks and obviously lose out on the missing £1.3K as you say.

I’m not sure now something estimated yesterday can change something different today with zero explanation.

Why can’t they give me a firm offer before I waste my time ordering the car?

The PCP balloon payment balance is such a fine line it makes all the difference.

The PCP balloon payment balance is such a fine line it makes all the difference.
I know you can’t do this now but may be in the future if you again go for a PCP - try and trade in 3-4 months ahead so that even if there is a £1300 difference you can pull the plug and hand it over and save 4 months repayment if around £2000. Also you can get a new car so don’t have to worry about replacement.

Its an amazing colour. I'm a big fan of red, but the last Tesla red was mediocre at best. This one is stunning.
I've not seen the new red 'in real life' but it sounds stunning by all accounts.

I bought red partly because it was the least common colour, no surprise of course given the cost, but also because I really like it. The tone seems to change depending upon the light source, artificial light makes mine at least really 'pop'.

E207726F-4753-47B7-8676-2998F39B628F_1_201_a.jpeg

4C2CC5C1-8023-437D-BD82-22F7506AD8AE_1_105_c.jpeg

I know you can’t do this now but may be in the future if you again go for a PCP - try and trade in 3-4 months ahead so that even if there is a £1300 difference you can pull the plug and hand it over and save 4 months repayment if around £2000. Also you can get a new car so don’t have to worry about replacement.
Indeed. October 28 trade in estimate £27,700. 6 weeks later it was £19,000. I guess now back at £24,400 is a slight bonus.