Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning,
I went to put the car in charge last night and couldn’t get in using the App, since then the app doesn’t load, just brings up a black screen with the Tesla logo.

I have tried deleting and re-installing obviously this is a major problem as I use my phone as the key.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks
Gareth

Attachments

• 8FA955DB-F024-45BB-92BF-09006112C816.png
    8FA955DB-F024-45BB-92BF-09006112C816.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 112
  • F8F7C056-8D0C-4DC5-A145-5694FF14E485.png
    F8F7C056-8D0C-4DC5-A145-5694FF14E485.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 59
The app is working fine for me this morning. Possibly an issue with your car? Try opening with your keycard and see if there are any messages on the screen. The car may be in a state where it's stopped communicating with Tesla's servers.

It's working fine on my Android phone so implies a software issue with phone if the app itself isn't loading - as opposed to app not connecting to car. Failed connections I get at times particularly if car is very deep sleep and have to wake my S with the fob. Never trust software without backups - always carry your card or fob as well as phone as well as a physical copy of Tesla's emergency number for when both stop working.
Good old manual keys have a lot to commend them.

Reactions: M3noob
I think I recently had that too. It reloaded just fine. I have seen a few seemingly transient errors the last week - one error was loading service status info on v3 (tried over several hours - failed fetching translation file) that loaded fine on v4 but then started working immediately on v3.

I think we are going through several system changes (app, API, subscriptions, insurance to name a few) at present and the frequency of these transient errors is a bit higher than usual.

Reactions: GarethWhyte
My iOS app is generally working OK but both our iPhones and iPads aren’t getting any charging notifications.
they are all ticked and set to current vehicle.
anyone suffered that?
I’ve tried closing the app right down.
I havent tested any other notifications yet.

My iOS app is generally working OK but both our iPhones and iPads aren’t getting any charging notifications.
they are all ticked and set to current vehicle.
anyone suffered that?
I’ve tried closing the app right down.
I havent tested any other notifications yet.

When I last charged I missed a stop charging notification though it did get a start notification. I have known this once in a blue moon in the past so wasn't too sure if related to the new app or not.

Reactions: Magstauk
I am waiting on delivery and have downloaded the Tesla App but when I try to log in I get a message saying " we don't recognize this email address and password combination" - but I'm using the same details which I use to successfully log in to my account online?

I am waiting on delivery and have downloaded the Tesla App but when I try to log in I get a message saying " we don't recognize this email address and password combination" - but I'm using the same details which I use to successfully log in to my account online?
Fairly sure the app didn't work properly for me until after pickup. Think they activate something once car is officially handed over.

There have been issues in the past with certain none alphanumeric characters, if your password is littered with % ~ # * & £ etc then temporarily try simplifying it and see if that works. The app has always worked for me when I've not had a car on the account but that was pre the latest version and some time ago