Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have an order in for a Std model3 RWD white/black at the moment. Order placed only April 4. No VIN

I am contemplating changing to a LR model 3.

Would that model likely be built earlier than the Std 3 do you think? And is the battery technology in the LR still the LFP that can be charged to 100%

Tks.

Would that model likely be built earlier than the Std 3 do you think?
Hard to tell. They seem to be favoring the LFP M3 STD at the moment. I'm in queue for a M3LR since 2Feb, and still no VIN. I'm checking almost daily to see if I get one.

And is the battery technology in the LR still the LFP that can be charged to 100%

No. LR is NOT LFP. Only the STD Range is LFP.

No. LR is NOT LFP. Only the STD Range is LFP.
This is true. But note that the LR can be charged to 100%. It's absolutely fine to do that when you need the range for a road trip or whatever - the advice is just not to do that every day. If you're charging at home you'll be charging every night anyway, so there's no need to be charging to 100% every day.

no such thing, they arrive in batches from Shanghai via sea.

They might be weekly shipments to the delivery centre if they've had a big batch come in like the 500 recently.
I know he had no clue and was lying or making some general BS national statement that there's ships arriving into Aus constantly. He assured me that I would have a VIN assigned in a week or so which I have a very hard time believing.

I clarified with him, and he indicated that it is weekly ships into Fremantle constantly.

Feb the 1st or 2nd when I placed my order. Although my order date changed, because I added enhanced autopilot the day of the price drops.
A lot of BS there! The batch of 500 that just arrived in Fremantle have been in Singapore since March 18 ( and built early February). That is at least a 3 month wait. Even longer for day one MYP orders (11months!) The batch that arrived a few weeks back similarly had a long holiday on the salty docks of Singapore despite build dates of early January to mid February 2023. Maybe Tesla has sorted its shipping woes and rediscovered Western Australian orders but I think it unlikely as they are still shipping China to Singapore and then trans-shipping onto other ships for the journey Singapore to Fremantle (not enough orders to fill a whole RORO ship) .

I know he had no clue and was lying or making some general BS national statement that there's ships arriving into Aus constantly. He assured me that I would have a VIN assigned in a week or so which I have a very hard time believing.
However there may be RWD and MYP VINs available in the current batch of cars as some orders were cancelled in favour of MYLR. There are still MYPs in WA inventory but no MY RWD unlike a few weeks back.

However there may be RWD and MYP VINs available in the current batch of cars as some orders were cancelled in favour of MYLR. There are still MYPs in WA inventory but no MY RWD unlike a few weeks back.
On another note 10% of this forum (going on waiting stats at the beginning of this Thread) must be pretty peeved at Tesla's decision to cancel Model S and X orders (I empathise with you). What do those that ordered S or X cars think of Tesla 's engineering design cock up in tooling for its presses (someone forgot about the penetrations required for RHD drive cars and that the front firewall needed to have symmetrical penetrations) that has resulted in this dreadful outcome for RHD countries? Are you considering buying a 3 or a Y? Or shopping for a different brand now that we only have the _3_Y part of the S3XY lineup?

On another note 10% of this forum (going on waiting stats at the beginning of this Thread) must be pretty peeved at Tesla's decision to cancel Model S and X orders (I empathise with you). What do those that ordered S or X cars think of Tesla 's engineering design cock up in tooling for its presses (someone forgot about the penetrations required for RHD drive cars and that the front firewall needed to have symmetrical penetrations) that has resulted in this dreadful outcome for RHD countries? Are you considering buying a 3 or a Y? Or shopping for a different brand now that we only have the _3_Y part of the S3XY lineup?
I can only imagine those at the X or S price point would be looking at the Mercedes EQS or similar.

The 3 or the Y, even in performance models are a step below the X and S. Just my opinion though.