Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any point to FSD in Aus? I'm told you can get it later in any case
Depends a lot on where/how you drive.

If you drive on freeways a lot the navigate-on-autopilot might be good. The auto-lane-change is nice. Summon and Smart Summon are a fun party trick.

Yes, you can buy the FSD any time through the app. You can also get EAP, which has almost all the FSD features that work in Australia right now and costs half as much.

Ended up switching from my M3LR (ordered mid April but EDD kept getting pushed out and sits at July-August with no VIN assigned still) to a MYLR last week snagging one of the cars in inventory. As luck would have it, and careful timing with the order, I was able to postpone delivery to this upcoming Wednesday for the LCT threshold change (novated lease) and especially lucky as get the full discount announced on the weekend, so especially happy.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to add EAP to the car (the option to edit design no longer appears once the final invoice was issued) otherwise I would have added that to the lease cost, not sure I'll part with the $5k cash after handover. Does anyone know if the 30 day trial still exists for EAP or has it returned to just a 48hr period with a need to refund the cost?

Also - I've recently gotten the UMC as don't have plans to install the wall charger in the current house as we are building a new place with 3-phase + 10kw Solar/Battery which and likely will move in next 1-2mths where I'll put something more permanent. I've done some reading but most responses seem weighted to the east coast, do you think it's worth buying a Type 2-Type 2 cable for on the road? I work from home and can charge there, so it'd be mostly for backup if I'm out and about or need a quicker charge and willing to use a local shopping centre/Maccas charger - most places I've seen seem to be BYO cable but in reality how often do most charge while out here and would use the cable?

Ended up switching from my M3LR (ordered mid April but EDD kept getting pushed out and sits at July-August with no VIN assigned still) to a MYLR last week snagging one of the cars in inventory. As luck would have it, and careful timing with the order, I was able to postpone delivery to this upcoming Wednesday for the LCT threshold change (novated lease) and especially lucky as get the full discount announced on the weekend, so especially happy.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to add EAP to the car (the option to edit design no longer appears once the final invoice was issued) otherwise I would have added that to the lease cost, not sure I'll part with the $5k cash after handover. Does anyone know if the 30 day trial still exists for EAP or has it returned to just a 48hr period with a need to refund the cost?

Also - I've recently gotten the UMC as don't have plans to install the wall charger in the current house as we are building a new place with 3-phase + 10kw Solar/Battery which and likely will move in next 1-2mths where I'll put something more permanent. I've done some reading but most responses seem weighted to the east coast, do you think it's worth buying a Type 2-Type 2 cable for on the road? I work from home and can charge there, so it'd be mostly for backup if I'm out and about or need a quicker charge and willing to use a local shopping centre/Maccas charger - most places I've seen seem to be BYO cable but in reality how often do most charge while out here and would use the cable?
Once you have your car, the option to add EAP will appear in the Upgrades section of your Tesla App

Any point to FSD in Aus? I'm told you can get it later in any case
Currently actual FSD Beta (self-drive on city streets) has been seen on two Australian cars, with tesla rumored to be planning on expanding this heavily in the coming months....(I guess this is related to Tesla expanding their GPU compute cluster for AI analysis, they've started opening this to more regions) I figured that it's easier to put it in early and save money through a Novated Lease. (Should be about 50% off that way).

I said I was out but I'm back in. Since collecting a week ago the car is 90% perfect.

Two major issues:
1) a rattle in the rear left passenger seat that just will not go away - not obvious to those in the car infrequently but to me driving it everyday its driving me crazy.
2) wind or air coming in through the drivers side window when driving above 40km an hour. A sound similar to letting air out of a balloon slowly.

If you google either of this issues there is forums from around the world with a huge amount of people experiencing similar problems. Some Tesla fix, others they write off as "general noises".

So one week in, I'm about to log my first Service Ticket. I'll keep everyone posted but disappointed this is happening on a brand new car and realistically now need to take time out of my week to work a service in the near future.

Looks like Opal Ace schedule is now back to saying arriving on 12 July. Not having much luck getting any new tracking information. What's the best site?
shipfix updates every few hours

But don't pay too much attention to the schedule. Looks like Canopus Leader and Opal Ace are scheduled to park on top of each other at H Berth on the 12th, so one of them will have to wait for the other to leave. Probably Opal Ace.

1688725592224.png

And these schedules are always subject to slide backwards by a few days anyway.

At least it will be here soon, and no multi-week wait in Singapore for these cars!

Reactions: FranklinT
Hey guys,

I ordered an MYRWD on the 1st of July, got an email on the 3rd saying I have one assigned to me, delivery date estimate of July 21 - Aug 11 but I don't have a VIN, aren't I supposed to have a VIN given to me when I get a car assigned to my order or is this not always the case?

From the delivery date and seeing others in this thread with the same dates, I beleave my car is on the opal ace; how long should I expect to wait for my car once the opal ace docks?

Cheers

Hey guys,

I ordered an MYRWD on the 1st of July, got an email on the 3rd saying I have one assigned to me, delivery date estimate of July 21 - Aug 11 but I don't have a VIN, aren't I supposed to have a VIN given to me when I get a car assigned to my order or is this not always the case?

From the delivery date and seeing others in this thread with the same dates, I beleave my car is on the opal ace; how long should I expect to wait for my car once the opal ace docks?

Cheers
If its not in the source code of the vehicle order management window, then maybe give the reps a call and find out. It normally takes a few days for the vehicle license agreement to appear which has those details in it.

got an email on the 3rd saying I have one assigned to me, delivery date estimate of July 21 - Aug 11 but I don't have a VIN
Have you completed all "tasks" in your Tesla account? including choosing Cash or Finance?

Are you trading in a car? Having a pending trade-in is also considered an outstanding "task" and can prevent the "hidden VIN" from showing up.

Note that your VIN will be "hidden" - it won't show up on the page itself until very close to delivery.

Search the source code of your Model Y's "manage" page for LRW or use the Chrome VIN Finder extension (Chrome on desktop/laptop or Kiwi Browser on Android) to locate your hidden VIN.

how long should I expect to wait for my car once the opal ace docks?
Anywhere between 1-4 weeks. It's a big shipment (400 cars) so it will depend on when they expect your car at the delivery centre, which can only hold around 100 at a time.

eeek! Looks like it might actually be on-time/early? Canopus Leader has been delayed, and H berth is all set for Opal Ace on the 12th of July! Plus the app literally just changed to July 19 - August 09 delivery.
It's only been 4 weeks since we ordered and things have happened SO quickly... we still have the old car to get rid of!

Looks like it might actually be on-time/early? Canopus Leader has been delayed, and H berth is all set for Opal Ace on the 12th of July!
Yes it's looking good, but every ship so far has been delayed at least one or two days at the last minute. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's Thursday/Friday

At least it's not waiting for any other ships to move out the way, but looking at the Harbourcams the RoRo carparks are getting very full, so they will need to work hard to make room for the 400 Teslas plus however many other vehicles it's carrying for WA.

Anyone get quotes for a 3P Tesla Wall Charger install?
It varies a great deal depending on what work needs to be done. If you have an up-to-date switchboard with space available and want to install the HPWC right next to it, that'll be a couple of hundred. If you need a switchboard replacement because its not compliant with the current standard, a 40 metre run of 4C+E in new conduit and trenching to an external garage, it'll run you several thousand.

It varies a great deal depending on what work needs to be done. If you have an up-to-date switchboard with space available and want to install the HPWC right next to it, that'll be a couple of hundred. If you need a switchboard replacement because its not compliant with the current standard, a 40 metre run of 4C+E in new conduit and trenching to an external garage, it'll run you several thousand.
Thanks. Hoping to combine it with a solar install as well and just seeing if there was a standard install price.

Looks like the Opal Ace has docked. Anyone get delivery availability yet?