Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
How do you get to 60 from 57,039?

VW is closer to 70 than Tesla to 60.

Admit I just read the headline.

The same way VW somehow got to 70k from 67,339. 300 closer (based on preliminary Q4 numbers) does not deserve a 3k bump as it was written by Fred. I mean 339 is not even a break point for any sort of rounding. FWIW, I wouldn't say Tesla hit 60k.

Reactions: scaesare
Are VW sales figures to consumers or include inventory sold to dealers?

Those numbers are always going to be sold to dealerships. All auto makers that follow the traditional way of selling their cars(through dealerships) report that way. I saw a report that there's over 500 Taycan's sitting on dealership lots in the UK alone. So probably a couple thousand sitting on lots across the world

Last edited:
Those numbers are always going to be sold to dealerships. All auto makers that follow the traditional way of selling their cars(through dealerships) report that way. I saw a report that there's over 500 Taycan's sitting on dealership lots in the UK alone. So probably a couple thousand sitting on lots across the world

Sales figures are based on registrations.

There are only a handful of registered cars sitting on dealer lots.

Financials are based on vehicles sold to dealerships.

Public sales figures are based on retail sales.

FCA reported they sold 3 Dodge Vipers. That they stopped making 4 years ago.

I can understand the Porsche Taycan, but that Audi eTron is a very average car. Not attractive, not fast, not entertaining to drive. I'm not sure who its target audience is. Camry owners?

People that want a premium electric crossover that don't want a Tesla because Elon is a ......., there is no Tesla service center near them, they hate the aerodynamic at all cost styling of the exterior, or the hate they minimalist styling of the interior. And want traditional styling.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
I can understand the Porsche Taycan, but that Audi eTron is a very average car. Not attractive, not fast, not entertaining to drive. I'm not sure who its target audience is. Camry owners?
I watched the reviews and pretty much any person coming from a previous Audi would be able to get used to it quickly. I think that's going to be its primary market and helps stop any potential bleeding of customers (an important function for all the major brands). They are also available for cheaper prices (the 50 model is around 5000 less than all potential competitors) in the European market and serves to fill the vacuum right now for a less costly premium EV SUV.

Last edited:
People that want a premium electric crossover that don't want a Tesla because Elon is a ......., there is no Tesla service center near them, they hate the aerodynamic at all cost styling of the exterior, or the hate they minimalist styling of the interior. And want traditional styling.

When I tested it, it was a truly forgettable experience. Notes: It does have a spare, no there are not two charging ports, yes it's quiet like a luxury car, you can't find one optioned the way you want it, the sales staff knows nothing, there is no feeling of connection to the road, many controls are even more cryptic than the MX, you cannot order the hitch receiver if it doesn't ship with one.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
When I tested it, it was a truly forgettable experience. Notes: It does have a spare, no there are not two charging ports, yes it's quiet like a luxury car, you can't find one optioned the way you want it, the sales staff knows nothing, there is no feeling of connection to the road, many controls are even more cryptic than the MX, you cannot order the hitch receiver if it doesn't ship with one.

And yet it almost certainly outsold Model X , if Tesla would break down the sales report between X and S. This with VW Group suffering bigger cell limitations than Tesla with 18650 cells.