Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Companion App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Windows Phone version that you are having problems?

If the application crashes it will generate a report and will be stored on the phone automatically, next time you open the app it will display a message like

"Oops, Sorry something went wrong last time, do you want to send the report to be analyzed?"

If you tap on the OK button it will send the report to us, I haven't seen any crash report from you, are you sending the report?

Hi castor, thanks for getting back to me! Yes, I get that popup, but when I click OK, I get an error popup "Sending failed! Make sure you have created an account.".

I'm not sure what account it is talking about? Should I use my email account on the phone, or what? I do have my Tesla account set up, so it probably is not that...

Perhaps also the app itself does not like it that I don't have that account set up, and that is the reason for the crash?

Edit: Oh, it just occurred to me to mention, I have a "-character in my Tesla account password. This is probably irrelevant, I just once ran into a web service that always failed if the password contained the quote character, and since then I have always made sure my passwords DO contain the quote character. :)

Last edited:
Hi castor, thanks for getting back to me! Yes, I get that popup, but when I click OK, I get an error popup "Sending failed! Make sure you have created an account.".

I'm not sure what account it is talking about? Should I use my email account on the phone, or what? I do have my Tesla account set up, so it probably is not that...

Perhaps also the app itself does not like it that I don't have that account set up, and that is the reason for the crash?

Edit: Oh, it just occurred to me to mention, I have a "-character in my Tesla account password. This is probably irrelevant, I just once ran into a web service that always failed if the password contained the quote character, and since then I have always made sure my passwords DO contain the quote character. :)

To send the error report the application just opens the default email application on the phone, do you have your phone setup with an email account?
Is this the error that you see?
error.png

That error is coming from the Phone and not from Tesla Companion telling that the Phone doesn't have any email account associated to send the email with the error report.

If you don't have any email account on your phone then please copy the text and paste it in here or in a PM and I'll take a look.

When the App starts for first time is going to ask you for your Tesla account information.

The password with the - should not make a difference, did you check you have the latest version installed?

Yep, that's the message.

Where do I find the error log to copy on the phone?

Yes, I have the latest version, I believe. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled a few times.

Thanks again! I feel like a noob, but I have to admit I am not much of a mobile phone user.. I use my phone for making calls and for testing my own Windows Phone programs I develop, not for much else. :)

Edit: I attempted to create an email account on my phone, hopefully you got the crash log! Also sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Yep, that's the message.

Where do I find the error log to copy on the phone?

Yes, I have the latest version, I believe. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled a few times.

Thanks again! I feel like a noob, but I have to admit I am not much of a mobile phone user.. I use my phone for making calls and for testing my own Windows Phone programs I develop, not for much else. :)

Edit: I attempted to create an email account on my phone, hopefully you got the crash log! Also sent you a PM.

Yes, go the report and also got the fix as well, a new version should be available in the store pretty soon (4 or 5 days from now), look for version 1.0.7.5 to know is the version you are looking for.

However also I have a Tesla Companion Beta program that is available exclusively for Beta users, it contains the features that are currently on development but that still may have some bugs or glitches, I added your email to the list of users in the Beta, I'll send you instructions how to download the beta on your phone, so you can download the app today.

Hi castor, thanks so much for this app!

After speaking to lots of insurance companies about Tracking devices recently, I have a couple of feature requests which might be quite cool...

* Notification if the car is "parked" but the location changes (I.e. It gets towed)

* Notification if the alarm goes off

Keep up the good work!

Thanks again for your work on this app castor, it has been working very well. :)

Just wondering if you have plans to implement the 6.0 firmware new features (after the new REST API calls have been discovered, obviously)? It would be nice to have some of the new features on Windows Phone as well.

Thanks again!

Pate

Definitely, once I can get my hands on the new APIs they will be implemented on the Windows Phone as well, nice to see the official bringing notifications, is catching up with Windows Phone...!!!

Once the official implements Scheduling, Live Tiles, Multilingual support and Cortana/Siri Voice Assistant will be head to head with the Windows Phone version :wink:

Still looking for a German that wants to help with Deutsch translation...

I just released a new update for the Windows App, in this update I bring Live Tiles, Email Alerts, Notifications and Scheduling to Windows to match the Windows Phone version.

You can access to the new features on the app settings (mouse on the top-right of the screen then click on settings while running the app).

Also I updated the first post on this thread with new screenshots.

Enjoy,
Castor