Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN today, Nov 7. However, no delivery date yet. Ordered on Oct 4. More later when I get my delivery.
Jim, did you check your Tesla account and click on Manage? There is where I found my delivery date. In the email from Tesla with my VIN, it did not mention a delivery date but said I needed to pay for the car in full at least 5 days before delivery.

Again, check your Tesla account and click Manage.

Jim, did you check your Tesla account and click on Manage? There is where I found my delivery date. In the email from Tesla with my VIN, it did not mention a delivery date but said I needed to pay for the car in full at least 5 days before delivery.

Again, check your Tesla account and click Manage.
I fully paid on Friday through the Manage area. So far no date has shown up. I expect the money to clear Monday or Tuesday. Maybe then.

interesting. I have not submitted proof of insurance or paid anything (other than the $100) and was given a delivery date. I did request delivery from December 8 to 11 as that is when I arrive in Houston.

Hopefully you will get yours earlier and spend some time giving it a QA check before signing. Once you sign and drive away, might be difficult to get small things adjusted or fixed. $100K for a car and I expect 99% perfection.

interesting. I have not submitted proof of insurance or paid anything (other than the $100) and was given a delivery date. I did request delivery from December 8 to 11 as that is when I arrive in Houston.

Hopefully you will get yours earlier and spend some time giving it a QA check before signing. Once you sign and drive away, might be difficult to get small things adjusted or fixed. $100K for a car and I expect 99% perfection.
I did find a check list on line for receipt of Tesla Model X. It is a few years old but looks good. I will use it. Here it is.

Attachments

• Tesla Model X Checklist.pdf
    318.6 KB · Views: 105
I have browsed the delivery times posted by people on this thread. Does anybody know if I order a Model X Long range 7 seater FSD today online. Will it be delivered in Texas before the end of the year ?
You should order and put down the $100. If the delivery doesn't suit you, forfeit the $100. Tesla might lower the price near the end of the 4th quarter.

I think the website is still showing 4 to 6 week delivery. I'm sure they'd like to deliver as many as they can in 2019.

I have browsed the delivery times posted by people on this thread. Does anybody know if I order a Model X Long range 7 seater FSD today online. Will it be delivered in Texas before the end of the year ?
I placed an order for LR White, 7 seater w white interior on Oct 18th. No VIN yet. In TX. I'm not in a rush, as long as it arrives by the end of the year, I'm happy. Not sure if that helps.

Today I tried my luck by using the chat option and asked for a delivery update. Right after that chat i got a call from their office in Vegas and they confirmed that California orders probably wont be happening before second week of December. There goes $2500 :(
But i was happy to hear someone from Tesla and giving me an update.

I ordered my MX on 11/11 and live in california. After reading everything, I just praying to get the car before dec. 3rd. if not at least before dec 31st for all the credits.
Also I can find my edit configuration button. Its only been 2 days and I want to change my interior to all black instead of white.

ANyone know if configuration matters for time table of getting your car?
I would mind jumping to a more expensive configuration if I can get the car ASAP.

In case you didn't know, the reason they require full payment at least 5 days before "delivery date" is because the car is still in California and cannot be put on a truck carrier to TX until you've actually purchased it. Because of TX laws, Tesla essentially sells the car to you from California, then puts it on a truck, then does the local TX registration transfer for you after you take delivery. My first sales adviser did not explain any of that and delivery was delayed by a week.